Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: no religions? = a better world?

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

no religions? = a better world?

i have people saying that if the worlds doesn't have any religions, these world would have been a better place, and if you look at all the wars it is related to religions, so i wonder if the world doesn't have any beliefs, what our world be? is it going to be in a better positions?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: no religions? = a better world?

At one stage of my life I thought exactly the same.
    Why bother with religion when it causes so much pain and hate in the world, so much terror.
    But I guess it also gives us something to believe in. Something that when the world all goes bad, when we are having a terrible day we at least have something to keep our faith in..
    Religion could I guess also be a uniting tool - though it seems lately it's something that is divided us.

lol I actually knew what I wanted to say, it's just so hard to put it down in words!

I don't know and wouldn't know - I'm not religious

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I think if a person's got good morals, then anything can go.

Of Course most wars have been over religions, but you forget.

That these wars are caused by "MAN" nothing more.

All religions is, is someone not making up there own morals, and going on with others. I mean if everyone Jumps off a clief. I AIN'T GOING~!! XD

I wouldn't say I am religious, but I do like things about every religion. I mean there are good morals to them. ^_^

And all I think if you feel Guitly for it, and you have to think twice, then it must be wrong. =_= That doesn't apply, for sick/insane people.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: no religions? = a better world?

~Warning~

I will be watching this thread very carefully. If any flamming occurs i will instantly close this thread and hand out infractions!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I think humans are unable to live without some form of religion. Therefore a world without religion is not a real world.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

These "religious" wars are the product of misinterpretation. Religion is to have something to believe in and make yourself a better person. If religion is causing you to kill people then it isn't the religion you are following but the teachings of someone who has misinterpreted the fundamentals of that particular religion.

Its not religion that is ruining the world. Its the people who change it for their benefit who ruin religion. Anyone can manipulate a person looking for answers by making up some kind of religion. Its a scam thats existed for ages. And these are the ones who cause the world to go downhill.

Religion isn't bad. Its the people who use it for bad stuff that ruin it.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    i have people saying that if the worlds doesn't have any religions, these world would have been a better place, and if you look at all the wars it is related to religions, so i wonder if the world doesn't have any beliefs, what our world be? is it going to be in a better positions?
    I am afraid your statement is fundimentally flawed.

You see, all wars are not related to religion. In fact very few of them are and those usually only occur when you have a political entity that is also religious. Saying that any war that occured by the hands of the Holy Roman Empire is a religious war is like saying that everytime Egypt went to war it's because of religion since their Pharoh's were God and therefore justified their actions. Yes religion can be brought into a war but usually you will see it used as a tool by a political entity to create support by it's populace for what in actuality is a politically motivated military action.

So if it is actually politics that causes war then perhaps we should be determining just what part of politics it is that causes so much destruction and try to find ways to prevent that from happening. Personally I think it is the thirst for power.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally diagree. Relgion is a great thing, with a them or some certian ones, no one would make it to the after life of heaven and instead fall in the traps of satan.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast