Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: no religions? = a better world?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: no religions? = a better world?

religion is a very tricky subject, religion is based around a belief systemt that every human must decide for themselves, if you take away religion, you take away a group of people who have shared belief systems, since these systems make up most of peoples moral and ethical values that are used to convey and make decisions in our world, then what do people base their values and morals on, what system of values and beliefs which give people hope as well as fear and pain. Basically by eliminating religion you are causing more problems than you solve because of the lack of foundations

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Aah, but non-believers would say that religion was created by people.
    That would make it as inherently flawed as the people.
    That would be correct. If it is created by people then it is as inherently flawed as the people. Even if it is not created by people unless the omnipotent being who created it continues to be involved eventually it will be flawed by those who administer the religion in the beings absence. That is why there are both good and bad traditions found in religion just as they exist in in cultures in general.

Fortunately it is possible to determine which traditions are good or bad by their results. Good ol' scientific theory which has been around longer then the science that claimed it. Test, see, determine, keep the good. Problem solved.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Religion has a major bearing on a majority of people's lives such as myself, i know there is a god and will continue to serve him. I beleive only good comes out of Modern Day Christianty

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Sign..

Religion was needed to create order and law. It was used to unite people with common grounds. This is one of the way civilizations flourished. Course, how you use this power is a different story.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

The quote from Zerogravity (above) is quite true if you view it in one way. However there are sometimes where people might feel as if religions did not exist then the world could be better.
    A reason as to why some people might agree with this for example. Marriages between people of different religions aren't allowed in some cases. The two lovers sould suffer from that. Other religion might have physical abuse in someway.

Looking at a world with no religions could be considered a better world, however, as zerogravity pointed out. It helps civilisation and unite people with common backgrounds.

Newbie harjher may be famous one day harjher may be famous one day harjher's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm..I don't really think so.. I'm not a devoted christian. I even seldom attend mass but I stick to my belief as Christian that there is God. Perhaps the negative impression on having religion is that it causes chaos due to differences of beliefs. However, we cannot deny the fact that religion is important because it gives an individual life direction.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Wouldn't that just prove that it is not the religion but the people at fault however? The problem is not stability of the religion but the instability of humanity. A lack of religion also rather seems to amplify that condition since it removes outside constraints on morality.

.. I'm never to far away.
    I totally agree, the religion isn't the problem , its the people who causes those tragdies that has the problem.Religions were desinged to worshop what they believe in and to avoid volience. But the people who causes those problems are the ones with the error in their ways, not the religion itself.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Religion is one of the social basics of mankind. To many people their lives are purposeless with out religion in their lives. However if you look at the wars and social conflicts that are happening as a result fo religion it would lead you to believe that the world would be a better place without religion around at all.

But by the same token people who are moral yet not religious are often looked down on for not having a religion. As imperfect humans it is our nature to start conflicts with one another simply because we find diffrences among our selves. So regardless of the cause religion can and will be here to start good things and bad regardless.

Without it the world would still be a mess.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast