Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: no religions? = a better world?

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: no religions? = a better world?

Oh how I hate threads like this...

Look...

As long as people are different, different things will work for different people. Religion does wonders for some people and gives them hope and law/morals. Other people, not so much. Why not just have people do as they wish...

Also, to be clear, spirituality and religion is different.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I totally agree, the religion isn't the problem , its the people who causes those tragdies that has the problem.Religions were desinged to worshop what they believe in and to avoid volience. But the people who causes those problems are the ones with the error in their ways, not the religion itself.
    Thank you.

Now I'm going to play devils advocate however. While it is true that religion can be used by people to do whatever they want what about the religions that at their core actually do promote violence? They do exist. In some cases the followers after hundreds or thousands of years have rejected those teachings or the religion it'self has fallen into disuse but they are still there.

Can we still make blanket statements about the good of religion without justifying violent behavior as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Laharl ex View Post
    Also, to be clear, spirituality and religion is different.
    Only to people who don't want to be labeled as religious. Tell me what religion actually is and I will show you why spirituality is also religion.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Somebody can do rituals/pratices of a religion vs. people that do or do similar deeds that are 'right' such as an example...helping others in need and charity. Spirituality is also religion, then show show already.

Haruhi-ism, anyone?
    Last edited by Laharl ex; Dec 20, 2006 at 02:38 PM.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Arrianna;427889]Thank you.

While it is true that religion can be used by people to do whatever they want what about the religions that at their core actually do promote violence?

yes u are right again, there are religions that promte volince but in my book its nothing but evil, i speak for religions that believe in god and his good ways the 10 comades, but the ones that worship the devil or evil spirtes would be the only volince promte religion.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Somebody can do rituals/pratices of a religion vs. people that do or do similar deeds that are 'right' such as an example...helping others in need and charity. Spirituality is also religion, then show show already.

Haruhi-ism, anyone?
    Ok,

If you go to the unabridged dictionary it defines Religion (amoung other things) as both "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" and "something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience". So if one has spirtual beliefs that you follow devotely concerning ethics or conscience then you have a religion even if an unorganized one. If those beliefs include the cause, nature and purpose of the universe then it is doubly so.

If you are so desperate for a belief structure that you have to turn to Haruhiism however then you have my pity.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

A lot of posts aren't actually discussing or debating anything. Just a lot of ''religion gives you purpose, so you can only have purpose in your life from only that way'' and ''I'm going to mention stuff that is true for people who already believe to get my point accross to people who don't'' type of posts.

The world can have purpose without religion. Haven't seen why not.

Religion means you go by a law, spirituality has you go by choice.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The world can have purpose without religion. Haven't seen why not.
    As long as there have been humans there has been some sort of religion. I think it is a "built in" feature humans have.
    The concept of purpose is a different matter altogether.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the whole world would be better off without religion because there is a lot of stuff that's going on the shouldn't even started in the first place. Like the Iraqi Civil War for example. All the people there are the same except the all believe in different religions and they are blowing each other up. Without religion there may be less wars and even less stupidity.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast