+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nuclear Disarmament

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nuclear Disarmament

Well, here is another thing that I realized no one brought up. And as a way to reply to basilisk888 and his 1 nuclear bomb senario. A single "A" bomb can get a small nation or group very far, even if its a small POS kind. As long as they have it a other nations will try to be as carful as possible to provent that thing from going off as even a small crappy one can do a lot of damage. Also the other senario is thatif they can detonate the warhead high enough over an area, it doesnt need the blast to kill. A nuclear warhead when detonated no matter how small or flawed it is, as long as it detonates it generates an intense electromagnetic pulse. This EMP will instantly frie any unsheilded electronic systems, and even so, the electronic shielding must be heavy duty. So an even worse senario would be is say they detonated the warhead at a much higher altitude then normal. The electromagnetic pulse can effecticly paralize an entire country. The higher the altitude the larger the EMP blast radiouse. So they don't need to deal massive colateral damage to win, they could effectivly cripple a nation and have that nations enemies come in to take advantage of the situation and do the job for them.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

If the question is: because we can should we? Then I think it's human nature to do so.
    As for nuclear arms. . . . .
    I do not support one country telling another country to "stop your nuclear weapons development"

If a country wants to make nuclear arms that their problem. It's all about how they use it.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    If a country wants to make nuclear arms that their problem. It's all about how they use it.
    Nuclear arms means weapons, weapons mean they are used to blow shit up or cause mass chaos... I am sure we know how some one will use it. The problem is how ever is can they be trusted with it. And in the case of North Korea and Iran, that answer is HELL NO!! Also the "that’s their problem" part of that, actually, that’s a lot of other peoples problems and not so much theirs, other then they are dumb enough to drop it near them selves and the winds blow the radiation back in their face then yes it would be their own weapon would be their own problem.

Plus I am all for telling certain nations if they can't have nuclear weapons and such if they clearly show they can not be trusted with that kind of power. Nuclear power is not a right or entitlement as it’s to dangerous if in the wrong hands.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

another fundemantal problem is human nature. even if we did want to get rid of nuclear weapons we would not do it unless all the other countries did. It is a sort of you do it first attitude. Only Ukrainia willing gave up its nuclear arms. And we have not followed suite.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    another fundemantal problem is human nature. even if we did want to get rid of nuclear weapons we would not do it unless all the other countries did. It is a sort of you do it first attitude. Only Ukrainia willing gave up its nuclear arms. And we have not followed suite.
    Thats because Ukrainia doesnt have enemies really there for they do not need to worry about having it, making it easier for them to disarm.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Thats because Ukrainia doesnt have enemies really there for they do not need to worry about having it, making it easier for them to disarm.
    Not to mention all the money in foreign aid that we have given them for that decision, I am sure that has helped.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Actually, South Africa claimed that it had nukes, but dismantled them all, (mostly on fears of the Black National Congress having access to them when it became apparent that they were going to take political power in that country...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2