View Poll Results: Which one is more useful?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nuclear Energy

4 50.00%
  • Thermal Energy

4 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear Energy v.s Thermal Energy Plants

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nuclear Energy v.s Thermal Energy Plants

I pick solar, hydro and wind power as the best methods of generating power. Though I always wondered why they never tried to do a thermal power plant off of a volcano you would thing the earths core is one huge heat source.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

ahh a very good point. There are so many natural ways to power this world without having to destroy it aswell, wind, water, sun etc etc it's all good

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

you may all find this wied but the question about the volcano came from a episode of Captian Planet. Its wierd what comes to mind from reading forms.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, can we come back to the topic please?

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

well if nulear energy is used. there are going to waste and we don't know where to put it and it can cause problems if touched. Thermal Energy plants have less negtive effects. Moslty it relases stream in the air. I say that thremal energy plants are much better.

Newbie rave dude may be famous one day rave dude may be famous one day
    Thanks

i'm not sure but i prefer nuclear since its better, but also dangerous
    Thanks Rave_Grip

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, I like Nuclear Energy the best as, with a nuclear reactor you can get just about the same amount of output if not more than from Thermal Energy, though the side-effects are radioactive material; if you control the material and have safety in the plants then its all good, with Thermal Engergy such as burning coal and stuff, there is a limited number of deposits, you have to look at it this way, At what point does demand outweigh environment. Are you ready to put the lives of thousands of people to save the environment??

As far as wind and solar energy goes, here are the problems, wind energy requires a continous stream of wind to power the turbine though advances are being made, it will likely be a couple of years before it becomes feasible.

Now solar energy is different, the problem is efficiency, even the most powerful solar cells only absorb about 15 percent of the sun's rays to be used as energy, the rest of it is heat. So its not feasible to use solar energy because you are only harnessing aobut 15 percent of the power per cubic meter of cell. One of my professors research is working on a solar cell that can absorb 60 percent of the suns energy. So its ineffective right now to use it.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua001
    I pick solar, hydro and wind power as the best methods of generating power.
    That's what i think too, they are renewable sources and will be there for a lllooonng time.

I'm not too fimiliar with Thermal Energy and I don't really trust Nuclear energy even though it is clean. We might have all the safest technology, but one human mistake could blow it all up. technology doesn't account for human mistakes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast