+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Nuestro Himno" (Our Anthem)

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

"Nuestro Himno" (Our Anthem)

A Spanish language version of the national anthem was released Friday by a British music producer, Adam Kidron, who said he wanted to honor America's immigrants. The artists on the song include Gloria Trevi, Ivy Queen, Carlos Ponce as well as Haitian American singer Wyclef Jean. The idea of translating the U.S. national anthem into Spanish followed an April rally for immigrants in Washington when Spanish-speakers were handed cards printed with the words to the anthem printed in English and with a phonetic pronunciation guide underneath. The "Star-Spangled Banner" was written by Francis Scott Key in 1814 during the War of 1812 with Britain and was sung to the tune of "To Anacreon in Heaven," a British drinking song. Now why's everyone trippin? Do you think it's right to translate the Star-Spangled Banner in spanish?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Nuestro Himno" (Our Anthem)

I don't see why not, if a certain community can feel more patriotic and can come together as Americans, then why not have it in their native tongue; the anthem was written in English first this is true, but that will always be, you won't be hearing the national anthem played at the start of sporting events in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese anytime soon. Its whats happening.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: "Nuestro Himno" (Our Anthem)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    I don't see why not, if a certain community can feel more patriotic and can come together as Americans, then why not have it in their native tongue; the anthem was written in English first this is true, but that will always be, you won't be hearing the national anthem played at the start of sporting events in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese anytime soon. Its whats happening.
    I don't see why everyone is acting like that was so bad. I think it's a really good idea. Most people are just scared of change. Get over it..
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is a good idea, though i would like to see a version in death metal man, that would be hella sweet.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well its a kind of an insult. Its like their saying they wont learn the english version. It was written and intended to be in english. See this is another thing that pisses ppl off about immigrants. They come here and dont want to learn english. If i was in china and wanted a english version of their antheim, id be shot. Thought i wouldn't do that. I would learn the chinese one, because im in china. This is america we speak english, why not learn it. I wouldnt go to mexico demanding to have things said in english for me. Id learn to speak spanish.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Apr 28, 2006 at 07:46 PM.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well its a kind of an insult. Its like their saying they wont learn the english version. It was written and intended to be in english. See this is another thing that pisses ppl off about immigrants. They come here and dont want to learn english. If i was in china and wanted a english version of their antheim, id be shot. Thought i wouldn't do that. I would learn the chinese one, because im in china.
    I see you point, but many illegal immigrants don't learn the lenguage because they have a family to feed, they just don't time left to study.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

That's true and sad ... but still I see it is a good idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    I see you point, but many illegal immigrants don't learn the lenguage because they have a family to feed, they just don't time left to study.
    exactly! See that what people don't understand! I hate it when they talk and say stupid stuff like that and they don't know what those people go through each day. And anyways that's not all of them. why u gotta say it like none of them want to learn? don't u think that if they were given the chance and the time they would?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast