Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Obama a Deciever?

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Is Obama a Deciever?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    And he is doing very badly at it.
    [...]
    And yet he is stealing from us and driving us so deep into dept that our childrens, childrens, childnren will be forced to pay off. Not to mention reducing the value of the doller.
    Well, as atomik_sprout already said it: give him his time. You know, it's easy to rail against someone when times are bad and to know it better than the one in charge.
    Yeah, with the global crisis affecting almost everyone of us, times are bad. Really bad. Obama's taking his chances, he risks a lot and maybe he ends up risking his neck. Only time will truly tell. At least he tries and does something. Hopefully it turns out to be for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Also I found out that when Obama and Hillery visited Mexico (Which is just a hop skip and a jump where I live) They went to Mexican President to apologise for "The US for causing the drug cartel war and all the violance that is happeneing down there." ................Let that sink in for a bit.............. Umm, how is it our fault? Is it because there are drugy Americans buying drugs coming from Mexico? Well 1: The US border patrole is doing everything with in their power to stop drug traficking. 2: Far more people in Mexico use these illegal substances even more so then Americans. (Thats right folks, there are people in Mexico who use drugs, GASP.) 3: The weapons that they use are AK47s which the US DOES NOT MAKE!! And the very very very few weapons that can be traced to American manufactures were taken by known persons who defected from the Federalies and Mexican military......... So again........ How is it our fault?
    It's called diplomacy, making friends.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats not diplomicy, thats called kissing ass and bending over and selling us out.
    Last edited by Scourge; Mar 26, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we may be looking at another president who survives only one term.
    Here's the problem.
    I don't blame Obama for the situation we are in. When George W. Bush entered office for the first time we actually had a budget surplus. so he did a very retarded thing and cut all taxes. "Don't fix something if it isn't broken" applies here. then 9/11, then the war. But during the war he still cut taxes to get re-elected. so that combination along with our debt screwed our economy over a few times.
    Then by the time he left the debt eating away at us. But he never raised taxes, but raising taxes which would've helped. this is where the "You have to spend money to make money" would've worked. but he didn't use it.
    Now Obama inherited this crap storm and this is what happens. He is increasing our debt which will only screw us over more. because that is a part of what Bush did to mess us up. but Obama intentions were good. hopefully he will help us find someway around this.
    Raising taxes would help, but no one wants to do it. and with the rising amount of Older persons in need of Social Security, Drugs, and Healthcare as the majority of the population, things are just getting worse and worse.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    I think we may be looking at another president who survives only one term.
    Here's the problem.
    I don't blame Obama for the situation we are in. When George W. Bush entered office for the first time we actually had a budget surplus. so he did a very retarded thing and cut all taxes. "Don't fix something if it isn't broken" applies here. then 9/11, then the war. But during the war he still cut taxes to get re-elected. so that combination along with our debt screwed our economy over a few times.
    Then by the time he left the debt eating away at us. But he never raised taxes, but raising taxes which would've helped. this is where the "You have to spend money to make money" would've worked. but he didn't use it.
    Now Obama inherited this crap storm and this is what happens. He is increasing our debt which will only screw us over more. because that is a part of what Bush did to mess us up. but Obama intentions were good. hopefully he will help us find someway around this.
    Raising taxes would help, but no one wants to do it. and with the rising amount of Older persons in need of Social Security, Drugs, and Healthcare as the majority of the population, things are just getting worse and worse.
    Actually cuting Taxes is far better then raising them economicly because that means people have more money to spend and we American just love to spend. So that didn't hurt us in the least. The only real reason why we were getting into this economic meltown is because of bad buisness practices that were set inplace by federal Gov that were inpossed under the Clintan administration that Bush didnt remove. His fault in this was not standing up to the House and Senet and having them remove these impossed bad buisness acts. Also the bail out bill but that is a drop in the bucket compared to what Obama is doing. Just like Clintan and Bush did was meant with the best intensions, but look what kind of mess that got us and Obama is doing the same thing but on a much bigger scale. To put it in a way most people will understand... Clintan lit the fire to keep every one nice and warm but got out of hand, Bush tried to put it out by taking a piss on it, Obama is dumping gasoline into it.

Like you EMO, I don't blame Obama, or Bush for the problem even though it was getting out of hand under Bush's watch. Who I blame is Clinten and the people with him, and guess what, the people in Obamas cabnet and apointees are members all from the Clinten administration.
    Last edited by Scourge; Mar 26, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

really? I didn't think Clinton was that bad, but then again you probably remember better than I do. Because how did we end up with the budget surplus when he left office? I thought the economy was fine when Clinton left. It was foreign policy that needed more work.
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I have read and heard from valuable sources that the raising of taxes increases government funds and gets the ball rolling to improve the economy. The mixture of the debt and Obama spending over and over may negate any of that though.
    but it makes sense because during George W. Bush's term, all the money was going to the war, and by cutting taxes, no money was going into the government or economy for that matter. Isn't that what messed up so bad? The growing debt and the fact that no money was going into the government due to cut taxes.
    You probably know more, I just want to kept my facts straight.

Thanks

The big serpluss was brought about other means, as well as the bad buisness acts that he forced banks and other instatutions to do. It was a get rich quick sceam which you now see the end results of.
    Rasing taxes are good for a short period of time but iventually bite you in the ass if aloud to continue for to long. Cutting Taxes, as said before, means more money goes to the people who then spends that money that goes back into the state and the economey for use. During the first half Bush's tax cuts helped out Econemy rather well, but then the sleeping monster rasied it ugly head. History also points out that tax cuts are more effective in economic hard ships then raising taxes. Because why would you want to rais taxes on the people who are having a hard time getting money them selves? Taxing big busness doesnt help as they will raises prices on their products to compinsate which means the people have to spend even more of their hard earned cash which is already being heavily taxed.
    I don't mind paying taxes, I really don't as long as I know its being used right, but after reading a few of the Ear Marks in Obama's bill, its just wasting my money on junk that isant going to help in the least, I mite as well be throwing my money in the trash.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Legend (Mar 26, 2009)

Thanks

ok..i think i understand. i wanted to check my facts because i wasn't sure.

this may seem pessimistic, but i think someday(may be soon) the US government will crumble under all the problems it has and the Debt. and we will be in such bad conditions we will be taken over.

It's a possibility, but hopefully we can make it out of this.

Thanks

Doubtfull, despite the media hype, the great Depression was far worse. A little over 25% of busnesses and homes were out in the 1920's and only 7 to 8% of that is going on now.
    I could be wrong but I strongly believe Obama is using this fear factor to exstend his Gov. power.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast