Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama: Is he a good president?

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

Obama: Is he a good president?

Here's what I think. I do like Obama and think that he is a good president. But my mom says that he isn't that great. She says that he's in the honeymoon stage of presidency, she says that he's going to screw up. I think that some of his ideas are bad. Like the universal health care. The US can't have that because then the US would be a communist country. Do you honestly think that doctor's are going to give up private practice? NO! But if they do we become like China (no offence, I love my chinese ppl. ttly awesome!) but the US can't do that. And the abortion idea, I don't think that it should be legalized in all states. If you didn't want a baby, then amybe you shouldn't have had sex. Or you could've used protection, like a condom or the pill. But that's my opinion. If I offend anyone, I am truly sorry but I stand by what I say. Those are the only 2 things that I don't approve of. Rather than that, I think he's going to be a good president.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama: Is he a good president?

No, he is not a good president, he is even worse then Bush, he has dug us so far in a hole in debt that it will take forever to get out of. He has also appointed the worst people for his cabinet, such as one guy who was a self appointed communist who believes that we need to have sterilizers in our water to control our population in the country as our GREEN movement adviser... There are others such as Tim Gitner was appointed as treasury, and he didn't even want the job because his expertise is in foreign fairs, not money and economics, and there many other shady characters who were picked or those with less qualifications for said appointments when there are far better people he could have chosen from.

He wants Universal Health Care, now my family came from a country with UHC and it sucks, really bad, you think what we have now is horrible? Wait till that monstrosity kicks in. I have also have the bill its self and several highlighted pages numbers that state some of the scariest, stupidest, most contradicting double speak I have ever seen. He is inept and in my honest opinion an idiot. Him and his people have no idea about economics, his cap and trade bill is proof of that. He goes back on his word and flip flops more then IHOP, example of this is about the CIA and their interrogation methods of attained terrorist and charge them for inhuman treatment of the detained, mostly on water boarding as a cruel tourcher method even though we use water boarding on our troops to toughen them up in training. There were other allegations of threats, threats that no one had intentions of acting on and other scare tactics that did no physical harm and the detained were for the most part treated well physically. One of the most retarded allegations was when a CIA official blew cigar smoke in a detainees face and then Obama and his people call it torture. WHAT THE HELL?! Also the report stated the valuable information gathered which allowed us to prevent a number of attacks from inside our own borders but his people don't care about that. Obama said him self that he respected the men and women of the CIA of their work in keeping us safe and that they will not be charged but then goes back on that and is going to charge them any way as criminals.
    He has the worst approval raiding then Bush ever did and people hated Bush.
    Obama’s foreign policies has actually had him laughed out of several countries when he went to go speak with their leaders and he has insulted our allies on numerous occasions.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't say he is a good president, he was better than John McClain though. Things I don't like about Obama is he is more of a celebrity than a president, he isn't good with spending money wisely, those are really the things I don't really like at this point.

Like for example their was a baseball game a couple months ago that he went to, and security had to buy out all the rooms in close proximity to the president so know one tries to assassinate him. They just wasted tax payers money on buying empty rooms for his security, just so he could go to a stupid baseball game.
    Last edited by Zev; Sep 08, 2009 at 10:58 AM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Considering the problems that he inherited from the previous administration, Obama has done an exceptional job in office. During the elections, and before Obama took office, the world markets were starting to approach free fall, with a noticeable lack of leadership from the lame duck president. Today, world economic leaders agree that the worst is over, and the world no longer faces the disaster of Global Depression. It's unfortunate that the increase of the national debt is the price that has to be paid to repair the damage from free market policies with a lack of proper government over-site for the past two and half decades...

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    ... He has the worst approval raiding then Bush ever did and people hated Bush...
    And who says that Obama has the worst approval rating for a sitting US president. All the published polls show that George W Bush is second only to Richard Nixon in disapproval ratings when he left office...
    By April 2008, Bush's disapproval ratings were the highest ever recorded in the 70-year history of the Gallup poll for any president, with 69% of those polled disapproving of the job Bush was doing as president and 28% approving. In September 2008, in polls performed by various agencies, Bush's approval rating ranged from 19%—the lowest ever—to 34%. and his disapproval rating stood at 69%. Bush left the White House as one of the most unpopular American presidents, second in unpopularity only to Richard Nixon.
    George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I have yet to see any good come from Obama other then no longer alowing Mexico trucks being able to travers past the boarders which took away work from our buisnesses here. Thats it. I have not seen any impact that Obama has done to improve our situation other then stifal it by dragging us deeper into debt. The change that is taking place is do to Buisnesses and the free market, not Gov. or by Obamas actions. If there are things he has done that benofited us please share and be spacific. I am comparing his approval raiting to Bush, and yes, Obama has a lower approval raiting. Not to mention the fact that after the world trade center happened the US economy was going to tank, but Bush kept it by inishiating tax cuts which stopped it from being sevier. Also, the "problems" Obama inherited was set in place way back before Bush even took office that the democrats forcing banks to give out bad loans to people knowing full fell that they could not pay for it, why? Because they believed that every American deserved to live in a lavish house rather then living with in their means. There have been polititons that have tried to remove this problem but they were stiff armed every single time, and that peice of ledgislation that caused this is still there.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Like Mr. Miyata said, he came into office at a difficult time and from what I can see he's not doing all that bad considering the circumstances.
    It's interesting to draw some parallels to Theodore Roosevelt when he became president. Sure the New Deal wasn't perfect. But it did achieve some goals and the president's charisma helped in giving the people confidence.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    ... Also, the "problems" Obama inherited was set in place way back before Bush even took office that the democrats forcing banks to give out bad loans to people knowing full fell that they could not pay for it, why? Because they believed that every American deserved to live in a lavish house rather then living with in their means...
    So Obama hasn't been in office for a year, and your complaining that he hasn't turned this country into 'Camelot'. He hasn't even had all his cabinet positions filled, (due to partisan bickering in Congress). The only thing were seeing right now is the consequences of the decisions that the previous administration made... It's going to take at least two years before we start to see the effects of changes Obama is making.

And as far as the TARP funds goes, have you been keeping current with the news???
    Report: Crisis Loans Net $14 Billion to Fed - FOXBusiness.com
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

He was not better then John McCain I didnt like him but he was atleast better THEN Obama and President Obama is terrible he has spent more money then all of are presidents combined he doesnt know what he is doing he is spending so much money that my kids are going to be paying it off when they are grown ups and im in high school thats how stupid he is. He makes are country look weak and I cant stand it he says sorry he gives stupid speeches (talking about the one he gave today) he thinks he knows more then us and he thinks hes better thats why he is a bad president and HES A HUGE LIER TOO HE ALWASY SAYS I NEVER SAID THAT AND THEN PEOPLE LIKE RUSH LIMBAUGH SHOW VIDEOS OF HIM BEING A LIAR HES THE WORST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD (WORST THEN CARTER) .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Beatle For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Sep 09, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast