Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Obama: Is he a good president?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama: Is he a good president?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Oh Really??? Considering the demonstration of 'Leadership' that both Bush and McCain showed at the start of the financial crisis, do you really expect them to make the same hard painful decisions that Obama has been making? Remember, it was the private institutions of Wall Street that brought the world to the brink of global disaster, and according to Fox Business, it was only the massive government intervention that prevented this from occurring...

Recovery Rules Out Depression a Year After Lehman - FOXBusiness.com

It seems like you want blame Obama for the government actions that you don't like, but not give Obama credit for the government actions that you do like... And yes, running up the national debt is bad, but are you really saying that this is worse then having the World Economy fall into a Great Depression?!?!

And I've been backing up my statements with links to news articles posted by reputable news sites. As far as the claims that you've been making, to quote a Ronald Reagan campaign slogan... "Where's the Beef???"
    I personaly believe that Bush and McCain would have done better on one simple fact, and that would be on that they wouldnt be spending so much money on pointless things and pay offs and trying to pass bills costing trillions doller which Obama has. I am sure you have seen his speach, we are in a finacel mess and he spends millions on making it look like a state of the union address as it was dect out with every damn thing and he talks about that we need to make sacrifices. Also, I say AGAIN the reason why this all happened was because of Gov. FORCING banks and buisnesses to give out bad loans to people who couldnt not afford it and if any one said no they were putting their job at risk and could be fired. This IS what happened which you fail to understand. Gov. tied so many instatutions down with stupid burrocratic nonsense that it costs tons of many in time, energy, and effert. Why do you think so many buisnesses make so much money by going over seas? Its not just because of cheap laiber but also because they don't have to deal with a bunch of burrocratic red tape and lobiasts.
    It is also VERY VERY VERY ILLEGAL for Gov to own, interfear, and telling buisness what to do and how much they get payed, If I recall that called socielistic dictatorship. GM is a prime example, Gov. put the power into the unions who are backed by Gov. instead of the people who actually own the buisness and know buisness in general and look at what happened. You are only pointing out at whats wrong but not the cause.

And it would not fall into a great depression, let the buisnesses fail and collaps, the pieces of said instatutions would be sold off, let economic darwisom do its job like its suppos to instead of keep inflating them and supporting them untill they explode. Ever sense Gov. got involed in banks and buisnesses over regulating and forcing bad policies every dip now turns into a roller coaster which we are seeing now. Sure we will still be hit hard but things would fix it self. As for the people who lose their jobs, they can go find another one but instead Gov. is making every one suffer for the actions of buisnesses for doing something wrong which Gov. told them to do in the first place.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I personaly believe that Bush and McCain would have done better on one simple fact, and that would be on that they wouldnt be spending so much money on pointless things...
    Word? You really think so? When McCain was running for presidential office, he said that he wouldn't mind keeping our troops in Iraq for another five to ten years!! Bush had already wasted our money by sending troops there in the first place, when we REALLY needed to be in Afghanistan! One of the main reasons gas prices were so high a year or so ago and the reason our country is so effing broke is because of Bush's actions! You really think that wasn't pointless?

You can say, "Oh, well Saddam Hussein did this...." So, what?! He didn't attack us, I doubt he would have for quite some time and I think we'd have seen it coming. Our money was wasted the minute Bush decided to fight his daddy's battle. Yeah, maybe our money is still goin' down the drain, but ya gotta spend money to make it, right? You're not really lookin' at the big picture here. The economy is stabilizing. So, it couldn't just be businesses doing all the grunt work, as far as keeping this country's money issues in check. I doubt that it would be possible, without assistance from the government.

*I think someone already may have posted this link in an earlier thread, but here it is anyway...*
    US economy sees signs of stabilisation: Rediff Business News, Latest India business news, India Economy news, World Business, Finance news, Latest business headlines, business videos and business articles.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    ... And it would not fall into a great depression, let the buisnesses fail and collaps, the pieces of said instatutions would be sold off, let economic darwisom do its job like its suppos to instead of keep inflating them and supporting them untill they explode. Ever sense Gov. got involed in banks and buisnesses over regulating and forcing bad policies every dip now turns into a roller coaster which we are seeing now. Sure we will still be hit hard but things would fix it self. As for the people who lose their jobs, they can go find another one but instead Gov. is making every one suffer for the actions of buisnesses for doing something wrong which Gov. told them to do in the first place.
    In other words, you dispute the FOX Business article, basing your arguments on a hypothetical scenario that can never be tested, since the World economy has already been stabilized by the actions of the Obama administration...

So I ask again... "Where's the Beef???"... Can you provide links to reputable websites that back up this argument??? Or do you expect us to simply take your word on this?!?!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get people who complain that the government is spending too much money to get the US out of a ressession!

I've talked with some economists (there's two in my WoW Guild) and they said that in order to come out of the current economic crisis, Money must be spent. That means that we have to go out and start buying and spending money, and the Government must start investing money in things like Infrastructure and services that are vital to the economy (Like the Auto Industry and Banks). Not only does this create more jobs and save jobs that are in jeopardy, it will keep the economy from tipping over and going from a recession to a depression. Go ask your grandparents and great grandparents what living in the '20s and '30s was like, they'll tell you.

Want to know what got the US out of the last Depression: World War II. I'm not saying that we should have another world war, I'm saying that the money spent on that war kick started the economy to the point that it was at one of its strongest points during the 1950s.

Its going to take YEARS to get out of the slump we're in now. And its going to take BILLION$ to make it happen.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Sep 11, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Ace, Len, we have to have the money in order to spend the money and we have no money, we have been barrowing money from other countries and spending it to get our selves out, but at the same time we are digging another hole for our selves because iventualy we have to pay them back and when that time comes we will be unable to and all this happens all over again and we just keep digging ours selves a new and deeper hole. And correction, its costing TRILLIONS not billions. Thats what people are getting mad about. If we had the money we wouldnt be in debt, if we have the money we wouldnt be needing to go to other countries for money, if we had the money then we wouldnt be having all these economic pit falls, if we have the money people wouldnt be pissed about all this spending. But we don't have the money and thats why people are angry. Not to mention the value of the daller is shrinking because of the Fed printing money like crazy which devalues it making it even harder to pay for things.
    Len, as I just pointed out, which is also pointed out in that FOX buisness news report. The consiquences from all this spending of money we do not have which is that we are just digging a deeper hole and it becomes an endless cycle. Yes the world econemy is stablizing slowly, but with all the money being spent, once again money we do not have and had to barrow, which we will have to pay back is just a bandade on a gaping wond and all of this will happen again as we are not addressing the real problems but instead are making it worse and worse every time it rolls around.
    Not to mention if the HC bill passes which will be costing us trillions more makes it even harder to pay off.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I don't get people who complain that the government is spending too much money to get the US out of a ressession!

I've talked with some economists (there's two in my WoW Guild) and they said that in order to come out of the current economic crisis, Money must be spent.
    Thank you! I've been saying that in numerous other threads! In order to make money, ya gotta spend it! It's the one economic rule that I know and it works.

Ace, Len, we have to have the money in order to spend the money and we have no money, we have been barrowing money from other countries and spending it to get our selves out, but at the same time we are digging another hole for our selves because iventualy we have to pay them back and when that time comes we will be unable to and all this happens all over again and we just keep digging ours selves a new and deeper hole. And correction, its costing TRILLIONS not billions. Thats what people are getting mad about. If we had the money we wouldnt be in debt, if we have the money we wouldnt be needing to go to other countries for money, if we had the money then we wouldnt be having all these economic pit falls, if we have the money people wouldnt be pissed about all this spending. But we don't have the money and thats why people are angry. Not to mention the value of the daller is shrinking because of the Fed printing money like crazy which devalues it making it even harder to pay for things.
    Len, as I just pointed out, which is also pointed out in that FOX buisness news report. The consiquences from all this spending of money we do not have which is that we are just digging a deeper hole and it becomes an endless cycle. Yes the world econemy is stablizing slowly, but with all the money being spent, once again money we do not have and had to barrow, which we will have to pay back is just a bandade on a gaping wond and all of this will happen again as we are not addressing the real problems but instead are making it worse and worse every time it rolls around.
    Not to mention if the HC bill passes which will be costing us trillions more makes it even harder to pay off.
    This country has been in debt for a LOOONG time, Scourge. Obama isn't the #1 reason we're in debt. We have had this debt since WWII! It never went away, it just declined after WWII. It went up when Regan was in office and a bit more when Bush/Quayle was in the White House, then down when Clinton was running things. It went up again with G.W. Bush and down just a bit before Bush left and Obama started running things. Now we're seeing signs of stabilizing. We've always owed other countries money. Come to think of it, before we got all that money from China, Japan was one of the biggest holders of US debt for the longest time.

Anyway, here's a link, if anyone's interested. It's a 'National Debt Clock'.

U.S. National Debt Clock

Currently, we owe $11,791,318,143,634.67.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Sep 11, 2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: punctuation error

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Everyone agrees that the national debt is a serious burden on the US economy and sooner or later has to be dealt with. But the chances fixing the national debt will be ZERO% is the world economy topples into another 'Great Depression'. So we have to get our priorities straight....
    • First, get the World Economy functional again so its no longer threatened with collapse
    • Address the issues that are hurting US competitiveness in the World Markets to improve the balance of trade and the loss of US liquidity
    • And once the US economy is healthy enough to stand on its own two feet, address the national debt through decreased expenditures, closing tax shelters/loopholes and increased taxes
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

I am already aware of that Atomic, why do you think its been getting worse and worse? Because every time things like this pop up we dump tons of money on it, once again money we do not have, making us deeper in debt, and when its time to pay for it, we tumble again because we cant pay for it so we continue to barrow money and giving IOUs to pay for the debt we are in already by creating another debt that we are unable to pay laiter on which makes the debt even deeper. Thats the cycle we are in and the reason why people are pissed and for some reason people on your side of the fence are unable to grasp and understand. Its like putting a bandaid on a gun shot wond with out proper treatment, you stop the bleeding temporarily but allow it to get infected and fester, making it worse and worse as time goes on.

The problem with that Len is the stupid spending caused by the Gov. I am all for every one fixing the econemy and straighteneing things out, but after a while every one, even the people in Gov. become lax as their is no sense of urgency any more and the fixing of national debt sits on the back burner and then those in power spend their money on such waistfull issues when they could be better spent fixing our debt, like Atomic has said and I agree with him in that this has been happeneing for years. And every time something like this happens thats the plan every one makes Len, but NO ONE fallows through. And when things come back to the debt which we are unable to pay back it bites us in the ass hard... Again... Its the same thing over and over again.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast