Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Obama: Is he a good president?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama: Is he a good president?

Let me be clear. The valor of the canadian military not withstanding its size has never been in dispute by anyone in the know about military affairs. Their toughness is not an issue that is up for grabs either. And in fact the canadian military in world war I entered the fight outnumgbered by any measure before the US did.

Our need for troops in Afghanistan is also not in dispute. Though we missed are chance to stablize that nation when we left after the afghan russian war. What is in dispute is are decision to advance into Iraq once other countries had already lent us a hand for Afghanistan. By fighting in Iraq we have put the allies including those who lived just north of my home in a tough comprimising position.

Had we have perhaps of moved into Iraq after squaring the situation away with the taliban we may have had a lot more support. Here again the fighting capability of military especially Canada's is not in dispute, just the wisdom of the presidents. By the way those calling the shots in this war are civilians, many of who have never seen ground of contention. And they make us look stupid.

It is not to ironic that he joined up with the US Navy. That happens a lot. You see it more with the navy than with other services. It allows people the luxury of traveling countries without citizenship or visas, and passports, or at least it used to. It is also easier to get citizenship if you are in the military. Not to mention we have foreign bases, and I have known a few folks who went on to join the military from some country and get stationed in another country effectively becomeing triple residence.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Canadians cant fight im not being rude or racist they never really haved helped America, they have never really fought in a war okay and I think anybody with a strong army like Russia,China,America, anybody with a half way decent army could whip them. Im not trying to be rude im just saying how I feel.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

I feel that the questioning of Canada's military and support/help for the US is irrelevant in this matter. But that's just me. I feel that the aftermath of US trade is a factor to be considered, not the military status of an ally.
    I think that the judgement of who can 'beat' Canada is biased and should not be done, considering, once again, they are an ally to the United States.

Anywaaay, the entire economic solution can be solved by Social Darwinism, considering that it is using natures laws to rule. But the debt may cripple us, and the bailouts prevent the natural phenomena from taking place. So yes, it is radical, but in such a horrid situation, I believe the saying goes, 'Desperate times call for desperate measures'.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    Canadians cant fight im not being rude or racist they never really haved helped America, they have never really fought in a war okay and I think anybody with a strong army like Russia,China,America, anybody with a half way decent army could whip them. Im not trying to be rude im just saying how I feel.
    You're an Idiot. You're also being rude and insulting. That's not a personal insult directed at you, merely an observation, judging by your closed minded and uninformed response. You obviously don't have any understanding of History, and the pivotal role Canada has played

We've never really fought a war?

You're lucky this over the internet, because if it wasn't I would punch you out. members of my family have fought and died for Canada.

Let me educate you in Canadian Military History: Canada's military has always been a Volunteer force with the exception of a couple months in 1917 after the Battle of the Somme where an entire battalion was decimated (The Newfoundland Regiment suffered 91% casualties). Not conscripted like the United States. While widely known for our Peace-Keeping efforts, we're also known for getting the job done, no matter the cost.

Some of the famous battles Canadians have fought was the Battle of Vimy Ridge In World War I, where a Primarily Canadian force took a strategic hill when every other attempt by British and other allied forces (including the United States) failed to do so. We did so with heavy casualties (over 3000 deaths in a matter of hours).

Another is Juno Beach in World War II on D-Day. Canadians accomplished all their D-Day Objectives faster then the British and US forces, and we went farther inland then any other force that day.

Those are just two examples of two famous battles Fought by Canadian Soldiers. Canada's contributions two both World Wars were pivotal and with out our contribution the out come would have been different I would think. In total, 110,244 Canadians died in both world wars, 7 of them being from my family.

Yes we have a small military, but let me tell you some more things: The United States buys their digital communication equipment off Canada. Canada was the first fully digital military in the world. Canadians pioneered the practice of "Covering and Suppressive fire" at the Battle of Vimy Ridge.

Now, about us 'getting' whipped in a war. You do understand that if any country were to invade us, Canada would have the full support of ALL NATO forces, including the US, right? That's the full military might of 28 countries. And not only that, but they would have to deal with the fact that millions of Canadians would stand up and defend her. Canadian's love their country, we just choose not to flaunt it like American's do.

I'm closing this since people are unwilling to accept the opinions of people with outside points of view.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6