View Poll Results: Will Obama be Assassinated?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's a dead man walking

7 25.93%
  • No, Obama lives on

10 37.04%
  • I couldnt tell ya....

10 37.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OBAMA Wins!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: OBAMA Wins!

Like all presidents before him, somehow he will screw us over.
    It turns my sotmach to hear all these horrible predictions. You people havent even givin' him a freaking chance! What! Are you Miss Cleo now? Do you all have crystal balls and tarot cards that you're reading?!?!?!?! How do you KNOW whats he's going to do?

The way I see it, Obama intends to betray some, if not all, of the principles America is founded on; no wonder America's enemies the world over rejoice. That must not happen.
    Agaiin... you don't know that! What information do you have that even makes you believe such a thing... Im seriously asking for sources. Where is the real, non biased, information you have that indicates Obamas INTENT to betray!?

Hell this isn't even the topic at hand in this thread! If you want to talk about how you think he will do, theres an enitrely different thread open for that.

And Psychical.... no one said ANYTHING about all people who don't support Obama being racist. What WAS said is that poeple who would plan to assassinate Obama would likely be racist. (Although Im not sure I agree with that. Every presisdent should realize that, just because of their possition, and because there is always an opposing side.... They are a target for hatred. Race aside.)

Either way,your OBVIOUS defensiveness was unwarrented, and appears to be something to be leary of. You may not be racist, but if you're not... its pointless to jump to the defense on this particualr topic.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Nov 06, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    It turns my sotmach to hear all these horrible predictions. You people havent even givin' him a freaking chance! What! Are you Miss Cleo now? Do you all have crystal balls and tarot cards that you're reading?!?!?!?! How do you KNOW whats he's going to do?

Agaiin... you don't know that! What information do you have that even makes you believe such a thing... Im seriously asking for sources. Where is the real, non biased, information you have that indicates Obamas INTENT to betray!?

Hell this isn't even the topic at hand in this thread! If you want to talk about how you think he will do, theres an enitrely different thread open for that.

And Psychical.... no one said ANYTHING about all people who don't support Obama being racist. What WAS said is that poeple who would plan to assassinate Obama would likely be racist. (Although Im not sure I agree with that. Every presisdent should realize that, just because of their possition, and because there is always an opposing side.... They are a target for hatred. Race aside.)

Either way,your OBVIOUS defensiveness was unwarrented, and appears to be something to be leary of. You may not be racist, but if you're not... its pointless to jump to the defense on this particualr topic.
    You're being defensive, not me. In fact, what's gotten into you all of a sudden? If you're quite confident Obama's the man, then you shouldn't be reacting the way you just did.

If you'd like clear, well-defined, and reasonable discourse, fine. I'll give you just that. But I expect the same from you too.

First, let me tell you where I'm coming from to help clear things up. I'm in my twenties, I'm conservative, previously liberal (I was liberal thanks to college indoctrination, mind you; before college, I didn't really give a hoot), and I'm also Roman Catholic. I study at a Jesuit university known for its Left-leaning tendencies. However, I don't let my being conservative get in the way of seeing things as they are; in fact, I would vote a Democrat in a heartbeat if he consistently proves, without even a speck of doubt, to be the better candidate through and through; gender does not matter, neither does race. He could be gay - which I find disagreeable - yet I'd throw my hat in for him if he promises to represent and defend America - especially MIDDLE America - and all that she holds dear, and proves capable of doing so; his sexual proclivities are none of my business.

Should you let me continue, I will not present here my own conclusions or opinions regarding Barack Obama, much less lies, rumors, and innuendo, as that would only ruin my credibility. Instead, I intend to shed some light on details regarding Barack Obama - his history, positions, public statements, associations, and whatnot. In fact, I want to jump the gun here, and say he's been less than honest. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'd like to know whether you'd agree to be level-headed here with me before I continue. Otherwise, I might as well shout these words into the wind if you'd rather ignore what I have to say.

If you think I'm beating a dead horse here, you're wrong; just because he won doesn't mean we as citizens cannot in any way influence his plans and decisions.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Um... wha? Where have I been defensive in this thread?

You don't like Obama, you want to discuss weather or not his views are in line with what benefits America? Fine! However I suggest you address that in the other thread, as it does not have anything to do with how likely it is Obama will be assassinated.

However I won't be discussing it with you... you've already insulted me in that thread (and now you want me to keep a cool head? Aint gonna work). As it is, I wasn't being defensive at all until you started telling me what I was or wasn't aware of. I hate when people do that!!!! Then you went on to further instruct me on how I should express my views. I'm a grown woman! I don't need instruction from you honey. .
    ... Not Ever Again...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

Rook (Nov 06, 2008)

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

@Rook

I think this thread... is a bit negative... generally speaking. How would you feel if you stumbled upon a poll discussing your odds of being murdered?

I'd like to think, any person with common knowledge of our nation, its history, its struggles (esspecially that which surrounds racial tension). Any person with that knowledge already KNOWS what the possibilities are! We already know how likely it may be. ESSPECIALLY those of us who've been victims of racial decrimination! Princesslady knows! She is the one who started the thread about those idiots who had an Obama assassination plot! She\I\we get it!

Worrying about something horrible happening... before it happens. Is negative. My crazy @ss knows that better than anyone! Ask any therapist and I bet they'll agree. Mind you, we're all worried. But the power in which you feed that worry, I feel is the issue at hand. I sincerely believe the more energy you put into this negative worrying, and predicting (which seems cold blooded to me). The more power you are giving to the negative forces in the universe... Yeah thats right... I think on a cosmic level. I've seen it happen, when people get so consumed, worrying about something bad. They put their energy into it... and BAM... Of course that bad thing happens!

Not that I'm saying Obabma would ever be assassinated over an AO thread. But if you combine the hatred of those who would plot to do such a thing... with the fear and worry of others (which FEEDS the hatred, because hate just LOVES to be feared). Then ultimately you have an unstoppable beast! While we cannot not control the hatred of others. We can control how much we feed into it. This thread... is like shoving applesauce into the mouth of little baby Negativity.
    What your talking about sounds a bit more like how terrorism works.

(not that im saying thats wat it is, it just seems like to me,
    im not sure though, so please dont take offense.)

I honestly dont think AO was goin that far lol.

Unless "AO" actually stood for "Assasinating Obama"
    then were in the green haha.

It may be a bit negative in a sense i guess, but its not a bad negative.
    Doctors, emergency care units, police, military, they all must prepare for the worst.
    Its not being negative really, its looking out for others.

Its how security works.

Think about it, if someone couldve been a bit more negative and thought "hey someone
    could just hijack a plane and crash it into the twin towers" that tradgedy could have ben prevented.

Unfortunately since our nations security couldnt councieve such a "negative" idea, "terrorists" did.

Hence 9/11.

Being negative isnt always negative.

Unless:
    (your positive that being negative is actually negative. = terrorists) (ooh, by this i dont mean to
    define terrorism, i just mean it has significant correlation.)

(your negative on negativity that cancels each other out and blooms dandelions of positive = security.)

Being negative can be both constructive and destructive.
    The same goes for being positive.
    Its all in your point of view.

Oh and if i stumbled upon a poll discussing my odds of being murdered,
    first id be flattered to know someone thinks im important enough to have a poll
    on whether or not ill be murdered lol.
    Second, i may have been the one to start that very poll since my first assumption on the
    matter is unlikely.
    And third id like to know what my odds are lol
    Cuz obviously if theres a god, i know hes not letting me know those odds.
    Last edited by Rook; Nov 06, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
    Yay-yea?

Thanks

What your talking about sounds a bit more like how terrorism works.
    I honestly dont think AO was goin that far lol.

Unless "AO" actually stood for "Assasinating Obama"
    then were in the green haha.
    AAAaaaaaahhhh! You have no idea how bad I needed that laugh!

And uh, I am exaggerating the powers of this thread... but I'm speaking toward the power of negative thinking as a whole.
    ... Not Ever Again...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

Rook (Nov 06, 2008)

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Since peach pretty much summed up what I was going to say, there is no need for me to even point that out.
    Thanks peach

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Um... wha? Where have I been defensive in this thread?

You don't like Obama, you want to discuss weather or not his views are in line with what benefits America? Fine! However I suggest you address that in the other thread, as it does not have anything to do with how likely it is Obama will be assassinated.

However I won't be discussing it with you... you've already insulted me in that thread (and now you want me to keep a cool head? Aint gonna work). As it is, I wasn't being defensive at all until you started telling me what I was or wasn't aware of. I hate when people do that!!!! Then you went on to further instruct me on how I should express my views. I'm a grown woman! I don't need instruction from you honey. .
    Fine then, you don't have to. But don't you go projecting yourself onto me like that. I would've thrown abuse and said all sorts of demeaning, untrue statements about you if I wanted to insult you. I didn't, I was only pointing things out. I've done my best to keep my own biases out of the way, and... Oh well.

You are entitled to your own opinion, after all.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name one View Post
    Like all presidents before him, somehow he will screw us over.
    Now this is negative as f***!
    Haha, if anyone needed an example of negativeness,
    this guy is the blue ribbon winner.
    Yay-yea?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast