Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

okay if they can legalize tobacco why cant they legalize pot? whats the difference from it being illegal if alot of the popluation can get it from a doctor, or down the road. Yea its just a plant, but they rule on whats allowed and whats not.
    pot really is not that bad compared to the thousands of harmful drugs out there. Which many people can create from going to the local pharmacy. which is more likley to cause an explosion than a terrorist attack. the only thing bad about it is the money that goes into it, it can drain your money quite fast and into a homless shelter, if it gets bad enough which doesnt happen all to often for pot.

If pot were legalized it would gross alot of money back into our economy. Its not going to go away unless the plant suddenly died. which isnt likley to happen, so why not just legalize it and majorly tax it. Major money goes into pot so i think the goverment is really kinda stupid not to put their greedy hands into it.
    The only way to make people stop doing any kind of drug is to give the hard truth, and alot of rehad time.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX View Post
    Arianna, why don't we focus the attention on how Hemp could be a number 1 cash crop in the United States?
    Already checked into it and the claims are overblown. It's not illegal to trade in hemp just grow it here and the demand is already being met by imports from Canada. Other plants have already filled the rest of the market and have created some really nice products.

Her NIDA research is refuted when 13 states in the US are passing laws to decriminalize marijuana and acknowledge that it has Medical benefits, while more states are presenting bills of the same nature also. Her Psychological drug Abuse stance isn't getting anywhere especially when on the subject of Pot.
    On the contrary it is better evidence then the laws passed since laws being passed has nothing to do with evidence so much as the power of lobby groups, as you have said yourself concerning it's initial illegalization. 13 states passing it just means that they are ignoring federal law and legal channels to appease lobby groups who want their high.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I have yet to see someone who actually got their life ruined by weed I wonder were all these people are..?
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. Multiple people have told you they know people whose lives were ruined by it but you don't care do you? May I point out that denial like that is considered a symptom of drug use and addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    According to the United Nations World Drug Report in 2007, 16.8% of those ages 15-64 years of age smoke pot....

In the United states, 12.6% of those 15-64 use pot.
    Thank you for proving that relaxed laws do increase use.

The number of people self admitting for rehabilitation of marijuana use has doubled in the last few years. I gave a link to a forum for families who are dealing with relatives who are users in order to receive support from others in the same position. The first post I ran across was a mother at her wits end. Now tell me that there has been no effect and back it up with actual facts.

Listen, i used to deal so I know how this works.
    ... and you have just lost any last remaining legitimacy for your opinion. I have said that those using said mind altering drugs are the last people whose opinion I would consider, you just managed to find a group whose opinion I value even less on the subject.

And actually I think if I remember correctly the only reason weed isn't legal so far is because of tobacco companies from the early 40s...
    Ironic considering that the reason tobacco can't be made illegal is because the government made a law requiring that a certain minimum amount be grown every year during WWII, before they knew the effects it had. Funniest part is that that is about the third version for why marijuana was made illegal I have heard. It sounds like a lot of people wanted it gone for multiple reasons.

[edit] Oh, I just thought I would add this little link: Legality of cannabis by country. A lot of people.[/edit]

Maybe the FDA can't say it is either safe or unsafe so they are still waiting for more studies to prove the benefits or what not for marijuana.
    The FDA has already said it is unsafe for several reasons such as it being impossible to control the dosage. Those who push for it's legalization just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    if you're going to fight with Arrianna, it's best to post research supporting your opinion.
    both to refute her thoughts, and to show the other people reading this thread that there are more to legalizing marijana than "we like it we want it"
    Thank you Abu but considering you were attacked for suggesting that people should actually use *gasp* facts I think you are going to have a long wait. In cases like this it does come down to "we like it we want it" and whether enough of society agrees with them to give in.

... and now for the popcorn.
    Last edited by Arrianna; May 16, 2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: adding link

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 18, 2009)

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. Multiple people have told you they know people whose lives were ruined by it but you don't care do you? May I point out that denial like that is considered a symptom of drug use and addiction.

Ironic considering that the reason tobacco can't be made illegal is because the government made a law requiring that a certain minimum amount be grown every year during WWII, before they knew the effects it had. Funniest part is that that is about the third version for why marijuana was made illegal I have heard. It sounds like a lot of people wanted it gone for multiple reasons.

[edit] Oh, I just thought I would add this little link: Legality of cannabis by country. A lot of people.[/edit]

The FDA has already said it is unsafe for several reasons such as it being impossible to control the dosage. Those who push for it's legalization just ignore them.
    First off let me tell you my statement that you quoted at first was sarcasm (har har) sure there are people who have had their lives ruined by weed but how many...? I really doubt the number is high (another not too witty joke).

I know its illegal in many countries I was just specifying why it wasn't legal in America yet.

Ah but let me bring up something that the FDA does let slip through the cracks that is more damaging than marijuana (Cymbalta) a drug I was givin by a hospital to cure my non-existing depression that gave me which didn't only make me worse but gave me serious vomiting issues...

WTF is that sh*t the FDA lets that crap through but can't let marijuana through? By the way Cymbalta is on the top 20 most dangerous drugs by the FDA it has caused suicides, many stomach issues (ulcers, vomiting, etc.), and so many more I don't want to list.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah but let me bring up something that the FDA does let slip through the cracks that is more damaging than marijuana (Cymbalta) a drug I was givin by a hospital to cure my non-existing depression that gave me which didn't only make me worse but gave me serious vomiting issues...

WTF is that sh*t the FDA lets that crap through but can't let marijuana through? By the way Cymbalta is on the top 20 most dangerous drugs by the FDA it has caused suicides, many stomach issues (ulcers, vomiting, etc.), and so many more I don't want to list.
    N/A (not applicable) Cymbalta is a prescription drug. What is being discussed is not prescription drugs but "over the counter" legality. There is already a drug made from marijuana that is sold in prescription form and as others are developed and determined safe by the FDA there will be more. It is not necessary to "legalize" a drug for it to be approved as medication by the FDA. Sometimes a drug slips through the system, yes, but the FDA is much better at catching them first then most countries equivalent. That is why it can take up to 10 years longer to get a drug approved in the US then in other countries but some would say it is worth it to not find out about possible birth defects etc through experience as opposed to laboratory results.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 19, 2009)

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Already checked into it and the claims are overblown. It's not illegal to trade in hemp just grow it here and the demand is already being met by imports from Canada. Other plants have already filled the rest of the market and have created some really nice products.
    Getting it from Canada isn't going to make the U.S money. Or Maybe you like the fact that the war on drugs is a big fail. Perhaps you enjoy the idea that Drug Lords in Mexico and South America profit from gang wars over said drug. Or maybe you think the war on drugs is a success, and in that case you'd just be labeled an idiot.

On the contrary it is better evidence then the laws passed since laws being passed has nothing to do with evidence so much as the power of lobby groups, as you have said yourself concerning it's initial illegalization. 13 states passing it just means that they are ignoring federal law and legal channels to appease lobby groups who want their high.
    No. They accept the medical benefits it has so they decide to make Medical growing legal. Active State Medical Marijuana Programs - NORML

Thank you for proving that relaxed laws do increase use.

The number of people self admitting for rehabilitation of marijuana use has doubled in the last few years. I gave a link to a forum for families who are dealing with relatives who are users in order to receive support from others in the same position. The first post I ran across was a mother at her wits end. Now tell me that there has been no effect and back it up with actual facts.
    The only thing that mother is worried about is Some guy who smokes pot being around her kids. Which is perfectly understandable. I also think it's a good idea that people want to live a sober life away from marijuana. But that doesn't mean they are doing it because their lively progress was somehow halted by pot. The People who blame their problems on pot are the same type of people who complain about being fat even though they keep eating unhealthy junk food and don't diet and exercise.

... and you have just lost any last remaining legitimacy for your opinion. I have said that those using said mind altering drugs are the last people whose opinion I would consider, you just managed to find a group whose opinion I value even less on the subject.
    "Hurr dhuur i used to deal pot so my opinion is invalid huur dhuur"

You are labeling my opinions as biased and dismiss my rebuttals since I used to deal pot. Well I think your Opinions are biased based solely on the reasoning that you have never tried pot so any rebuttal you post therefore should be dismissed and not be considered.

Why if i was a distributor would I want pot legalized if I know it will put a lot of dealers out of work and considering getting full-time jobs?

Looks like a lot of them think it's ok for personal use. hmmm.

I'm confused. When said "impossible to control dosage" does that mean impossible to control how much weed is given to an individual? Or how much THC content is in the actual plant? If this is the case then yeah it is possible to control dosage, Growers do this all the time. Usually the THC yield in any strain is 15-20% Highest yield so far is 34%.

Thank you Abu but considering you were attacked for suggesting that people should actually use *gasp* facts I think you are going to have a long wait. In cases like this it does come down to "we like it we want it" and whether enough of society agrees with them to give in.

... and now for the popcorn.
    The Fact is Marijuana is not harmful to anyone (allergic reactions aside). There are still no known deaths cause by the use of pot. You haven't shown me anything that leads to suggest Marijuana is completly unsafe to anyone. All you have done this whole debate is cling to your "Marijuana Abuse" stance, which can be arguable about anything.

I believe too many people are Addicted to Anime. I think Watching too much anime ruins a persons life. Why? An Anime addict spends upwards to $100+ average a week to support their addiction. An Anime Addict is a socially awkward person usually avoiding social interaction by getting their Anime Fix.
    Anime Addicts tend to have low self esteem but get a false sense of acceptance by posting on Anime Forums. A person who is addicted to Anime sits at home running up cholesterol levels and getting more obese while supporting their Anime addiction.

Major clinical research into the drug has been stymied by politics and controversy. And the known facts about marijuana are often laced with spin and emotion.
    Last edited by KenX; May 17, 2009 at 05:24 PM.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe too many people are Addicted to Anime.
    Wait, since when did Anime become a dangerous drug? I need to go find an underground hook up for that now? Sonuva.......

For those who believe a pothead's opinion is invalid.......Shakespeare smoked it. Should his contributions to literature be considered invalid due to his altered mind state? What about Freud? Leary? McKenna? Manson(either)?

I've sold and bought drugs myself(Sarcastic crowd: NO,REALLY?!!) and most of the dealers I know aren't Boogymen that the brainwashed masses are taught to think they are......they's just normal people like you and me, trying to make a livin in a world that's making that harder and harder to do.

Anyone who doesn't care for my opinion can just move along.........*Cough Cough* Arrianna*Cough Cough*
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

N/A (not applicable) Cymbalta is a prescription drug. What is being discussed is not prescription drugs but "over the counter" legality. There is already a drug made from marijuana that is sold in prescription form and as others are developed and determined safe by the FDA there will be more. It is not necessary to "legalize" a drug for it to be approved as medication by the FDA. Sometimes a drug slips through the system, yes, but the FDA is much better at catching them first then most countries equivalent. That is why it can take up to 10 years longer to get a drug approved in the US then in other countries but some would say it is worth it to not find out about possible birth defects etc through experience as opposed to laboratory results.
    I already see an issue with that drug, it is made with synthetic THC which can easily be overdosed if I remember correctly since its not a true form of THC. What I want is marijuana to be legal and for people to stop poking so much hate...

And Arrianna here is a page to read about why synthetic THC isn't too safe, after all anything man made usually isn't safe.

Marinol Isn't Marijuana:
    Synthetic Solution

And TaurusDemon23 I didn't even know that Shakespeare smoked that's so fricken AWESOME lmao no wonder his plays rock the house. And yes I really haven't met a big bad mean dealer yet... all my friends are harmless honestly. And I think KenX was being sarcastic about the anime thing... or at least I hope he was.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

A good number of people that i know depend on medication because Marujauana has not been legalized but really now that they have lisenses it is much much easier so my answer is Yes it should be legalized.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast