Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

Honestly, what is "good & bad" for us is never clear. Who is right and wrong isn't clear either. FDA, like so many people mentions, I found out that
    A $1.8 million 2006 Institute of Medicine report on pharmaceutical regulation in the U.S. found major deficiencies in the current FDA system for ensuring the safety of drugs on the American market.
    Just pointing that out, even though that was awhile back.

So, is Marijuana harmful? Maybe, but it really depends on the person. Everybody is different, nobody has the same genetics. Some people may die or get sick from it, others wont, but one thing for sure is, not everybody dies from it or gets sick.

Therefore, should it be legal? I don't know. Honestly, legal or not people are still going to use it one way or another.

Personal: no, I never used it & no i'm not sticking up for anyone, just stating what i think of this situation.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Newbie AtreyuMeckia is off to a good start AtreyuMeckia's Avatar
    Thanks

legalize. It will take all the fun out of sneeking it and people will eventualy stop smoking it all except for the ones who really like it. but thats just my opinion on the topic
    day by day we all die a little so make the best of everyday

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX View Post
    Getting it from Canada isn't going to make the U.S money. Or Maybe you like the fact that the war on drugs is a big fail. Perhaps you enjoy the idea that Drug Lords in Mexico and South America profit from gang wars over said drug. Or maybe you think the war on drugs is a success, and in that case you'd just be labeled an idiot.
    What they do in Mexico or South America is their business. Let them have their "fun". Canada, on the other hand, has been exporting hemp to the US for ages now. Maybe the US just doesn't feel that hemp is gonna make the country that much money--although, I believe that hemp oil would save us quite a pretty penny. Canada is kind of better at regulating pot than we are. As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong), there's only two cities or territories that have legal pot, and it's usually sold/ate in shops. And our border patrol in the north is pretty kick ass. Just this last winter or so, a bunch of people were caught smuggling pot from Canada via ice houses on frozen lakes in the Boundary Waters area. So the war on drugs isn't THAT epic of a fail, however the drug war in Mexico has very little to do with us. They're pickin' each other off.

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    No. They accept the medical benefits it has so they decide to make Medical growing legal. Active State Medical Marijuana Programs - NORML
    LOL!

I used to be a member of NORML (via their website)! There's not much proof there man. They don't speak for politiciains, they speak for themselves. Also, their research is conducted indepenently. Arrianna is right. Not every politician is looking at pot from a medical standpoint. Some may be hit-and-miss (50/50) on the whole idea, while others may just want it legal so they can use their age as an excuse, or make up some weird "old people ailment" so they can smoke up legally. Most politicians make decisions that will help them, not our country.

"Hurr dhuur i used to deal pot so my opinion is invalid huur dhuur"
    Yeah, kind of. You weren't even looking at it from a dealer's point of view until you made mention that you used to slang a bit of trees for cash. Saying, "I used to deal, so I know how this works," doesn't mean sh*t unless you can back it up immediately there after. I used to sell pot back in the day, does that mean that I know everything about pot in politics? No! Because I'm not a politician! I DO know that if weed was legal, there'd still be some underground dealing, but that's because I know tons of people who wouldn't hesitate to make a quick buck off of something they have plenty of access to. But that's it.

You are labeling my opinions as biased and dismiss my rebuttals since I used to deal pot. Well I think your Opinions are biased based solely on the reasoning that you have never tried pot so any rebuttal you post therefore should be dismissed and not be considered.
    I smoke! I've made mention of that in several of these debates! I'm not proud of it, nor am I ashamed. I've even defended pot a few times in these debates but, you gotta stop and look at things rationally. Not just from one side because that's the side you're currently on. I doubt that pot will ever become legal over the counter; just because it's too hard to regulate how, when and where it's grown. I could be growing pot in my closet right now, and nobody would know unless they seen it or I told them.

Why if i was a distributor would I want pot legalized if I know it will put a lot of dealers out of work and considering getting full-time jobs?
    Or part time. Like I said, dealers probably wouldn't quit just because they'd have to sell pot a bit cheaper. You don't live in the inner cities do you? Sh*t's tight in the hood, man. I was speaking to a friend of mine who just so happens to be a dealer. I asked him if pot became legal over the counter, would he quit. He simply said, "Hell no!". He also explained to me that he wouldn't worry about losing money, because he'd still be making it. You gotta pay the bills some how and on the streets, that's all some people know. Not everybody graduates from high school, y'know.

I believe too many people are Addicted to Anime. I think Watching too much anime ruins a persons life. Why? An Anime addict spends upwards to $100+ average a week to support their addiction. An Anime Addict is a socially awkward person usually avoiding social interaction by getting their Anime Fix.
    Anime Addicts tend to have low self esteem but get a false sense of acceptance by posting on Anime Forums. A person who is addicted to Anime sits at home running up cholesterol levels and getting more obese while supporting their Anime addiction.
    Dude, I get my ani-fix cheaper than that, LOL. FYE is great (nothin' like $5 used DVDs)! So are fan-subs and awesome deals at the bookstore on manga! Mmm...

Major clinical research into the drug has been stymied by politics and controversy. And the known facts about marijuana are often laced with spin and emotion.
    I'll give ya that one. I have to agree. A lot of urban myths have been spun about marijuana, making it sound like it's meth or heroin or somethin'. But that's what happens when society plays the "telephone" game without knowing first hand what they're talkin' about.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; May 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: "whoops!"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

receiverofhell (May 19, 2009), Scourge (May 19, 2009)

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    What they do in Mexico or South America is their business. Let them have their "fun".
    what the f*ck?

LOL!
    I used to be a member of NORML (via their website)! There's not much proof there man. They don't speak for politiciains, they speak for themselves. Also, their research is conducted indepenently. Arrianna is right. Not every politician is looking at pot from a medical standpoint. Some may be hit-and-miss (50/50) on the whole idea, while others may just want it legal so they can use their age as an excuse, or make up some weird "old people ailment" so they can smoke up legally. Most politicians make decisions that will help them, not our country.
    I would rather take stats from independent groups over the ones with an agenda.

But perhaps NORML is a bit of a lean.

Yeah, kind of. You weren't even looking at it from a dealer's point of view until you made mention that you used to slang a bit of trees for cash. Saying, "I used to deal, so I know how this works," doesn't mean sh*t unless you can back it up immediately there after. I used to sell pot back in the day, does that mean that I know everything about pot in politics? No! Because I'm not a politician! I DO know that if weed was legal, there'd still be some underground dealing, but that's because I know tons of people who wouldn't hesitate to make a quick buck off of something they have plenty of access to. But that's it.
    You are focusing on the negative here. If legalizing marijuana can get rid of 90% of the dealers then awesome. You are referencing petty dealers which don't matter compared to the big time dealers that this would mainly effect. Considering the small time dealers would be GREATLY effected by this it's just a trickle-down effect
    I smoke! I've made mention of that in several of these debates! I'm not proud of it, nor am I ashamed. I've even defended pot a few times in these debates but, you gotta stop and look at things rationally. Not just from one side because that's the side you're currently on. I doubt that pot will ever become legal over the counter; just because it's too hard to regulate how, when and where it's grown. I could be growing pot in my closet right now, and nobody would know unless they seen it or I told them.
    I wasn't talking to you. I could care less what you do.

Or part time. Like I said, dealers probably wouldn't quit just because they'd have to sell pot a bit cheaper. You don't live in the inner cities do you? Sh*t's tight in the hood, man. I was speaking to a friend of mine who just so happens to be a dealer. I asked him if pot became legal over the counter, would he quit. He simply said, "Hell no!". He also explained to me that he wouldn't worry about losing money, because he'd still be making it. You gotta pay the bills some how and on the streets, that's all some people know. Not everybody graduates from high school, y'know.
    The dude you talked to must be some kid slinging dimes and halves of the poor mexican shwag to be that confident. If he was any kind of real dealer deucing up 12+ pounds a week then he'd be smart enough to know that his clientele would be gone if weed were legal. I grew up in stop 6 up until freshman year in highschool

Dude, I get my ani-fix cheaper than that, LOL. FYE is great (nothin' like $5 used DVDs)! So are fan-subs and awesome deals at the bookstore on manga! Mmm...
    ugh jacepalm.jpg

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

You are focusing on the negative here. If legalizing marijuana can get rid of 90% of the dealers then awesome. You are referencing petty dealers which don't matter compared to the big time dealers that this would mainly effect. Considering the small time dealers would be GREATLY effected by this it's just a trickle-down effect
    Big time dealers wouldn't be affected are you serious? They grow mass quantities of pot which they sell off for cheap to the so called "petty" dealers which sell for a higher price to the mass. Legality won't effect their money gain at all... there will always be someone to buy and someone to sell.

The dude you talked to must be some kid slinging dimes and halves of the poor mexican shwag to be that confident. If he was any kind of real dealer deucing up 12+ pounds a week then he'd be smart enough to know that his clientele would be gone if weed were legal. I grew up in stop 6 up until freshman year in highschool
    Dude no one sells shwag now a days everyone knows what bad weed looks like, my dealer also had the same answer so chill yourself out no one quits the game no matter what. FYI he sells over 30+ pounds a week to other dealers and some select people like myself, I'm sure he knows how to make business possible since he's been in the game for 18 years now.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violent For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (May 20, 2009), bratling (May 20, 2009), Scourge (May 21, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

what the f*ck?
    LOL!

BUU!!! WRONG! Big timers typically grow their own--as Violent previously mentioned--so, why would they be affected. They grow massive quantities, do you think they're gonna let all that weed go to waste? Would you?

I wasn't talking to you. I could care less what you do.
    But you were talkin' about someone havin' an opinion based on their smoking habits (or lack there of), so I'm stating that my opinion--the opinion of a smoker--is close, or the same as someone who doesn't smoke. If you have a problem with it, that's on you kid.

Dude, I'm pushin' 29 years of age! Do you think I serously have the time, energy or patience to deal with petty "nickel and dime" pushers?? C'mon now! I haven't bought sh*t off the streets since I was twenty! The guy I was referring to is actually sitting on approximately 70 pounds, so call him what you want, but I believe that his opinion is an extremely valid one.

ugh jacepalm.jpg
    My thoughts exactly...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 21, 2009)

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Big time dealers wouldn't be affected are you serious? They grow mass quantities of pot which they sell off for cheap to the so called "petty" dealers which sell for a higher price to the mass. Legality won't effect their money gain at all... there will always be someone to buy and someone to sell.
    No, i was saying big time dealers would affected as much as petty dealers. But saying the legalization of marijuana won't effect dealers (petty ones for sure) at all. This is wrong. Saying they would be unaffected by the legal marijuana is like saying Famine Babies in Africa shouldn't be starving because they can just eat dirt.

Lets just say that legalization of marijuana converts 75% of americas pot smokers into buying it the legal way. 97 million people have tried marijuana atleast once and 40 millions smoke on the regular. That's 28 million americans buying strictly from shops which means 28 million not buying it from dealers. Which would mean 28 Million people are helping put illegal dealers out of business.

Dude no one sells shwag now a days everyone knows what bad weed looks like, my dealer also had the same answer so chill yourself out no one quits the game no matter what. FYI he sells over 30+ pounds a week to other dealers and some select people like myself, I'm sure he knows how to make business possible since he's been in the game for 18 years now.
    You must live up north and not in one of the states where weed is currently medically legal, because you would know then that dealers don't have near enough clientele as they used to to be slinging it as much as they did before it was legalized (such in the case of california). Dealers who have been in the game that long would know that their business is directly affected by this.

He can keep dealing. That's his choice. But he's an idiot for thinking he can go by scot-free if marijuana were legalized.

And yeah, shwag is still huge in the US and more people buy that than the hydro.

BUU!!! WRONG! Big timers typically grow their own--as Violent previously mentioned--so, why would they be affected. They grow massive quantities, do you think they're gonna let all that weed go to waste? Would you?
    'BUUU!!! WRONNNG' (see how stupid it is when I type it? it's even worse when you do it) No, big timers typically get their product from outside sources such as mexico and the like. Which is a huge problem in this country and which you seem to ignore. 8 plead guilty to smuggling or purchasing 2,200 pounds of marijuana found in Mexican pottery

More tons of marijuana more than you can count are transported undetected into the US every year. Most of that goes to big time dealers who then distribute to smaller and smaller dealers.

The legalization would be a huge deterrent into stemming this process.

But you were talkin' about someone havin' an opinion based on their smoking habits (or lack there of), so I'm stating that my opinion--the opinion of a smoker--is close, or the same as someone who doesn't smoke. If you have a problem with it, that's on you kid.
    It's just because you have misconstrued facts about it, that's all.

Dude, I'm pushin' 29 years of age! Do you think I serously have the time, energy or patience to deal with petty "nickel and dime" pushers?? C'mon now! I haven't bought sh*t off the streets since I was twenty! The guy I was referring to is actually sitting on approximately 70 pounds, so call him what you want, but I believe that his opinion is an extremely valid one.
    I find it hard to believe that a 29 year old anime addict would get weed directly from someone who sits on 70+ pounds at a time. I am also going to presume (correctly) that you have not seen these so called 70+ pounds because anyone sitting on that much doesn't just mouth off about it to people such as yourself let alone show it. So I am considering 2 scenarios here. You are either just spewing words to make yourself not seem as much like some socially awkward anime nerd. Or you were told a lie that your dealer sits on 70+ pounds a week which you tend to believe because lets face it, anime nerds believe everything.

Thanks

No, i was saying big time dealers would affected as much as petty dealers. But saying the legalization of marijuana won't effect dealers (petty ones for sure) at all. This is wrong. Saying they would be unaffected by the legal marijuana is like saying Famine Babies in Africa shouldn't be starving because they can just eat dirt.

Lets just say that legalization of marijuana converts 75% of americas pot smokers into buying it the legal way. 97 million people have tried marijuana atleast once and 40 millions smoke on the regular. That's 28 million americans buying strictly from shops which means 28 million not buying it from dealers. Which would mean 28 Million people are helping put illegal dealers out of business.

You must live up north and not in one of the states where weed is currently medically legal, because you would know then that dealers don't have near enough clientele as they used to to be slinging it as much as they did before it was legalized (such in the case of california). Dealers who have been in the game that long would know that their business is directly affected by this.

He can keep dealing. That's his choice. But he's an idiot for thinking he can go by scot-free if marijuana were legalized.

And yeah, shwag is still huge in the US and more people buy that than the hydro.

'BUUU!!! WRONNNG' (see how stupid it is when I type it? it's even worse when you do it) No, big timers typically get their product from outside sources such as mexico and the like. Which is a huge problem in this country and which you seem to ignore. 8 plead guilty to smuggling or purchasing 2,200 pounds of marijuana found in Mexican pottery

More tons of marijuana more than you can count are transported undetected into the US every year. Most of that goes to big time dealers who then distribute to smaller and smaller dealers.

The legalization would be a huge deterrent into stemming this process.

It's just because you have misconstrued facts about it, that's all.

I find it hard to believe that a 29 year old anime addict would get weed directly from someone who sits on 70+ pounds at a time. I am also going to presume (correctly) that you have not seen these so called 70+ pounds because anyone sitting on that much doesn't just mouth off about it to people such as yourself let alone show it. So I am considering 2 scenarios here. You are either just spewing words to make yourself not seem as much like some socially awkward anime nerd. Or you were told a lie that your dealer sits on 70+ pounds a week which you tend to believe because lets face it, anime nerds believe everything.
    Like I said, you can think whatever you want. I'm not here to change your opinion, I'm simply stating mine. You don't have to believe me when regarding who I know or what they work with, I could care less. I'm not here to compare dealers or advertise. I know that I don't just believe everything I hear if that's what your saying because I've seen proof. I actually get out of the house, y'know. I'm not even home right now!

You can think I'm socially akward, you can say I'm a liar or crazy or whatever, but I bet Bratling can back me up on everything I just said. Plus, I never said that dealers would be unaffected, I said they wouldn't just quit what they're doin' because pot can be sold in stores. That's the point I was stressing. You fail at paying attention to detail. You're putting too much focus on little things instead of focusing on the actual point I was tryin' to make. Instead of trying to make me look bad by saying that my facts are misconstrued or that I've been lied to, you should evaluate youself; because you may have good and valid opinions buy your facts are no more accurate than anyone else's here.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

EmoNightmareRose (May 23, 2009), Scourge (May 26, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast