Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

It's fun to watch people fight for Pot.

Because I really can never see any US president/congress ever passing a bill that states that Pot will be legal no matter what anyone says.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright I hate it when people bring pot and science together BECAUSE ALMOST EVERYTHING hurts you, ever heard of oxygenation?

Now with that out of mind let me go on ahead and put my experiences on the line (please don't blast me with all your opinions if you don't like what you read).

I am a pot smoker and have been for the past year before that I was a VERY unmotivated person and didn't like leaving the house much, pot helped me to become a very productive citizen since and also my "depression" which a hospital diagnosed me under is also gone.

My body so far isn't harmed at all in my mind, hell cigarettes made my body so unhealthy I couldn't even function sometimes so I think marijuana is definitely a step up.

Do I think marijuana should be legal? Yes I do, its a plant made by God and its been used since old days and doesn't have a high cancer rate like cigarettes do.

Pot isn't even a drug to me I think some people need help and if you feel the need to smoke pot you should be able just like if you were stressed and needed a cigarette or liquor.

I'll end my reply with is marijuana addictive. No its not, maybe to some people because they need more to fuel what their body/mind wants but I can go weeks without smoking one bit and so can my friends.

Please don't put down something just because it seems dangerous or harmful, weed is a peaceful herb that makes all the people I know happy... make love not hate!

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX View Post
    Your NIDA research is based off tests done in the 90s. Where as tests done in the last 10 years just disprove every link you put up there? I think you are the one needed to get up to date.
    Right... the one article in 2001 is about addiction in general. I have given numorous links to research that are all dated within the last 4 years. Links like this: Addiction Inbox: Marijuana Withdrawal from 2007 discussing the research done in the last 10 years. You're grasping at straws Ken.

I don't know where you think I said this
    You are right, I was mixing you up with someone else on that topic from previous discussions. It's your denial of this that I was thinking of:
    NIDA - Research Report Series - Marijuana Abuse
    "Marijuana users who have taken high doses of the drug may experience acute toxic psychosis, which includes hallucinations, delusions, and depersonalization - a loss of the sense of personal identity, or self-recognition.10,15 Although the specific causes of these symptoms remain unknown, they appear to occur more frequently when a high dose of cannabis is consumed in food or drink rather than smoked."
    By the way, it's reference is publications in 1998, I know of no research since then that has disproven it. If it exists provide it (though you have already admitted to the hallucinations).

This quote just proves how harmless Pot is. SO I don't know what your aim was when posting it.
    It was pertinent in showing the importance of physical vs psychological addiction, something you seem to feel is utterly unimportant but the physicians treating drug addictions say otherwise. If you actually follow the link back to the entire article it does mention marijuana on the subject.

You also confuse deadly with unsafe. It is unnecessary to die in order to effect your life and others.
    "Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision."
    Considering all the lives I have seen ruined by "lazy" your attempts to trivialize it's effects still fail to impress me.

... and now I really do have to put the conversation up for the night. I hope there will still be some popcorn left when I return EmoNightmareRose.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 12, 2009)

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Right... the one article in 2001 is about addiction in general. I have given numorous links to research that are all dated within the last 4 years. Links like this: Addiction Inbox: Marijuana Withdrawal from 2007 discussing the research done in the last 10 years. You're grasping at straws Ken.
    I'm not disputing the withdrawal symptoms of Marijuana, i'm disputing that withdrawal from marijuana is harmless. If you are arguing 'low grade-flu' withdrawal symptoms are something serious then you need to see the movie Transpotting.

It was pertinent in showing the importance of physical vs psychological addiction, something you seem to feel is utterly unimportant but the physicians treating drug addictions say otherwise. If you actually follow the link back to the entire article it does mention marijuana on the subject.
    It is unimportant when linked with marijuana, which is what I've been saying this whole time. You can't compare the psychological addiction of heroin, meth, crack cocaine with Marijuana.

You also confuse deadly with unsafe. It is unnecessary to die in order to effect your life and others.
    "Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision."
    Just because it is labeled as a Schedule I substance doesn't mean it meets the criteria. I wonder why since it is considered Schedule 1 that so many states still pass legislation that It has Medical benefits.

Considering all the lives I have seen ruined by "lazy" your attempts to trivialize it's effects still fail to impress me.
    You still fail to show me how lives are "ruined" by marijuana. You keep throwing links of how marijuana could be a psychologically addictive drug but that has nothing to do with marijuana being any sort of threat to anyone. You seem to have this mental image of a pot head described exactly like the characters in the movie Reefer Madness, which was the exact biased propaganda film for a smear campaign that ran before it was illegal in the first place.
    Last edited by KenX; May 11, 2009 at 09:28 PM.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

It's just the entire idea of this cracks me up. It isn't a necessity. People fight so hard to get it legalized all the time, yet I know it won't happen, so I bring out my points that can go either way. So no sweat off my back.

I mean everyone's still going to do it if whether it's legal or not, and if the government doesn't want to get money off it that's they're choice. Keep on fighting to make it illegal, so whatever.
    I can do it I want to, and I do. Other people get medical reasons.

Either way I guess people are still always making money off it. There movies, books, and more about weed.

And yes, Arianna, take a seat and watch how more and more people fight for pot that they could just go get outside their house =p.

Last edited by EmoNightmareRose; May 11, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not fighting its just showing support and one day soon enough weed will be legal, it costs way to much money for it not be legal and once it is legal they are just going to tax the crap out of it just like tobacco.

I don't think the government really hates weed I think its more along the lines of big tobacco companies that put it down along side with people in power, who would smoke ciggs if you could legally smoke weed not much I'd tell you that now.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Demi is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I just happened to find this site and this topic, and have nothing other to do than throw my 2 cents in so.. (Also if I offend you in any way I apologize, im just sharing my opinion)

I have smoked pot before, and I have to say, people are demonizing the @#!% out of such a harmless plant when compared to other drugs like meth, cocaine, heroin, alcohol, cigarettes etc.

In my opinion I believe it should be legal, but I know that this isn't going to happen any time soon, and to add with that, If our government decides its going to turn down such an easy money maker, so be it.
    Everyone that wants to do it still will, regardless if its legal.

Really the only reason I enjoy reading this debate topic is to see how many people listen to any TV commercial they see, or those who blame their own or their acquaintances F'd lives on marijuana when in all reality its the person, not the drug's fault.

/end rant

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Arianna, why don't we focus the attention on how Hemp could be a number 1 cash crop in the United States?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast