Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obligatory Marijuana Debate. Legalize or No?

Quote Originally Posted by Demi View Post
    Really the only reason I enjoy reading this debate topic is to see how many people listen to any TV commercial they see, or those who blame their own or their acquaintances F'd lives on marijuana when in all reality its the person, not the drug's fault.
    Glad that I could entertain you. I like the TV commercials, which they are made from the true facts of drug use. Drugs don't make choices, people do. I understand that. How can you make the right choice if you are engaged in a mind altering drug? Its not likely you can. Drugs can play a major part in ruining lives, I have seen it, therefore I know its true. I'm certainly not saying everyone who smoked pot is going to have there life ruined. Just the ones that are totally addicted and abuse it.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Glad that I could entertain you. I like the TV commercials, which they are made from the true facts of drug use. Drugs don't make choices, people do. I understand that. How can you make the right choice if you are engaged in a mind altering drug? Its not likely you can. Drugs can play a major part in ruining lives, I have seen it, therefore I know its true. I'm certainly not saying everyone who smoked pot is going to have there life ruined. Just the ones that are totally addicted and abuse it.
    Don't be offended by what I say its just my philosophy. Let me start off with weed isn't to harsh of a mind altering drug it usually just makes me happy and hungry, I usually make the same decisions high or not.

Yes a drug can play a major part in playing out someones life but its ultimately their choice to choose between the drug and themselves... no matter how addicted you are or how bad you abuse something you can always overcome yourself and your desires.

I used to be stuck in the past and some people know this about me, what I'm saying is that I kept being negative so much about my past that my past became the drug but I saw my wrongs and changed because its my future which is important (let me thank weed for that).

Being addicted to something won't totally ruin your life some people will see that and will change one day. Changes are necessary!

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    People fight so hard to get it legalized all the time, yet I know it won't happen
    Never say never.

People fought for equal rights for women for their right to vote, people said it would never happen. People fought for equal rights for African Americans so they can do basic everyday things, like marry someone who was white, hold the same job as a white person, ect ect. and they said it would never happen, and in some cases, they're still fighting today.

Circumstances change, and the force of change cannot be stopped, only slowed down.

Eventually it will happen. The very fact that it is Legal for medical use in over 13 States should stand testament to that.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Never say never.

People fought for equal rights for women for their right to vote, people said it would never happen. People fought for equal rights for African Americans so they can do basic everyday things, like marry someone who was white, hold the same job as a white person, ect ect. and they said it would never happen, and in some cases, they're still fighting today.

Circumstances change, and the force of change cannot be stopped, only slowed down.

Eventually it will happen. The very fact that it is Legal for medical use in over 13 States should stand testament to that.

That's very true, but women's rights and weed is a big difference. =p

And I hope America does wise up, because it would help most people economically to legalize it. But hell, there are still old conservatives like Bill O'Reily who literally try to fight it. And there are a helluva lot of conservatives in the US.
    So it may happen, but I don't expect it soon. And if it does..then YEAY!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

if you're going to fight with Arrianna, it's best to post research supporting your opinion.
    both to refute her thoughts, and to show the other people reading this thread that there are more to legalizing marijana than "we like it we want it"

but f**k what i think, nobody gives a damn about other peoples opinions in the kind of debate.
    always feels like arguing for the sake of arguing, and not trying to convince the other person~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 12, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    That's very true, but women's rights and weed is a big difference. =p

And I hope America does wise up, because it would help most people economically to legalize it. But hell, there are still old conservatives like Bill O'Reily who literally try to fight it. And there are a helluva lot of conservatives in the US.
    So it may happen, but I don't expect it soon. And if it does..then YEAY!
    So you are perfectly fine in letting a drug that is illegal for very good reasons and still being resurched on legal to make a quick buck even though its harmful to a person?... Isant that like selling your soal to the devil for money? But arnt we suppose to stop people like that? But yet people get all pissed off about tobacco and alcohal?... Is it just me, or do you smell the hypocrocy there as well?

Like you guys, I have seen people use weed before, and it had really screwed up their lives. I went to Vista High in the small county of vista which here in Cali we call little mexico, pot usage was prevalent there, and it mite as well have had been legal as you would always see people getting halled off because of possesion and would see people smoking it after class... Guess what, when it came around to graduation only about less then half the student body passed... Guess why most people failed or dropped out... It was because of pot because people were getting so high and used it so much that they didnt know their left from their right. No I am not jokeing they were that stoned... Imagen that EVERY WHERE if this crap was made legal.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    So you are perfectly fine in letting a drug that is illegal for very good reasons and still being resurched on legal to make a quick buck even though its harmful to a person?
    But there is no data or research that suggests that it is harmful to anyone. You can't die from it. It doesn't give you lung cancer. It makes you hungry.

... Isant that like selling your soal to the devil for money? But arnt we suppose to stop people like that?

But yet people get all pissed off about tobacco and alcohal?... Is it just me, or do you smell the hypocrocy there as well?
    Alcohol causes more than 13,000 drunk driving deaths a year. 87% of people who develop lung cancer got it from smoking cigarettes and is the leading cause of lung cancer related deaths in men and women. Yet these are all sold and taxed and generate revenue for the country.

Like you guys, I have seen people use weed before, and it had really screwed up their lives. I went to Vista High in the small county of vista which here in Cali we call little mexico, pot usage was prevalent there, and it mite as well have had been legal as you would always see people getting halled off because of possesion and would see people smoking it after class... Guess what, when it came around to graduation only about less then half the student body passed... Guess why most people failed or dropped out... It was because of pot because people were getting so high and used it so much that they didnt know their left from their right. No I am not jokeing they were that stoned... Imagen that EVERY WHERE if this crap was made legal.
    Ok, you went to school with a bunch of mexicans, who subsequently dropped out, and who were also avid weed smokers. I wouldn't blame them dropping out on weed, i'd blame them dropping out because of who they generally are as a person.

I smoked weed through highschool, and so did a lot of my friends. We graduated just fine. Weed did not make us morally irresponsible, we knew what we had to do and we smoked weed while doing it. I maintained a 3.1 gpa while being an avid pot smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    if you're going to fight with Arrianna, it's best to post research supporting your opinion.
    both to refute her thoughts, and to show the other people reading this thread that there are more to legalizing marijana than "we like it we want it"

but f**k what i think, nobody gives a damn about other peoples opinions in the kind of debate.
    always feels like arguing for the sake of arguing, and not trying to convince the other person~
    Explain to me why this post is directed towards debate and not asskissing Arriana.

Her NIDA research is refuted when 13 states in the US are passing laws to decriminalize marijuana and acknowledge that it has Medical benefits, while more states are presenting bills of the same nature also. Her Psychological drug Abuse stance isn't getting anywhere especially when on the subject of Pot.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The states already wastes billions (far more then what they would stand to gain if they legalize it, or even reduce the punishment for crimes relating to it) enforcing a drug law that doesn't work.

Even if they lessen the penalties for possession of small ammounts can save millions, proof of which can be seen up here in canada where you if have less then an ounce of pot and only get a fine and the substance confiscated.

Personally, I think it should be legalized and heavily regulated. Why do I think this? Because compared to other drugs that are legal, like Booze and smokes, Pot is virtually harmless in comparison.
    *Wow! I swear this debate will never die! It's like we have this topic up every two months, LOL!*

I agree with you however, It would be EXTREMELY hard to regulate something that's easily produced by a seed falling in the dirt. I think it's the main reason it's not legal right now. We could put a tax on it and have it sold like packs of cigarettes, but at the same time; we'd still have streed dealers and other various pot dealers. Just because it would be legal, it wouldn't change the fact that the same people providing to pot smokers now would still have the same access to their weed. So the penalties, I'd imagine wouldn't be too different.

I'm all for legal pot--so long as the users are responsible, but alchohol kinda proved that there's far too little responsible users of recreational substances. Plus, there's all thes bogus commercials that spit false info about pot--making it sound like heroin or crack. I just don't think it'll happen. There's been too much "pot-slandering" for it to ever be legal and have the masses be comfortable with it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 13, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast