+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obsession and People

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Obsession and People

Some of us simply like things and forget them after time, others become seemingly obsessed with things and can't get them out of their mind. I guess at one point in everyone's life they have been obsessed with one thing or another. Whether or not it was a dangerous obsession is a different story.

I am going to start off by saying that I know what obsession can be like, I have to live with it everyday. I have OCD. For those of you who don't know what OCD is, it is called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Here's a link that will surely help you understand, unless you are simply closeminded:

About OCD | Obsessive Compulsive Foundation

What I want to know is for those without OCD, what do you think makes them obsess over things? What do you think makes some people and not others obsess over certain things, and why those certain things? All are obsessions dangerous?

This sort of thing has always been sort of fascinatiing to me for some reason. Maybe some of you can give me some answers :]

Questions or comments anyone? ^-^
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obsession and People

I don't have it, but i think i know why people do. Usually ppl that have it, have chaotic lives with not many things in/under their control. With all this lack of control, they need to find something be in control of. When they find that thing they usually become obsessed with it, which gives them a little feeling of control in their lives.

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm...makes sense. I suppose there could be many reasons why people have obsessions, considering so many people are different and lead all sorts of lives.
    Thanks for your opinion, I love to hear everyone's side, and everyone's thoughts are helpful :]
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it has to do with trauma
    sometime in their life something happend to shake them up
    and like miroku said they use obsessing over little things to feel steady and in control of something...
    some people count steps
    some people have to have their front door locked
    and even though they think its locked they'll obsess over it and stop what their doing to go back and lock the door
    just to make sure ...
    I think its a security blanket for people who've been through trama ...
    like when your little and hiding in bed because you're scared theres a monster in your room
    so you pull up the covers and close your eyes and tell yourself over and over there's nothing there
    and by saying that you convince yourself everything will be alright ....
    well i think ppl with OCD convince themselves these obsessions will steady them and if they keep it up everything will be alright.
    and when something interferes with their obsessions they feel unbalanced and vulnerable and the really bad ones have panic attacks
    cuz their scared of something ... what idk ... its different for everyone
    and no I dont have it but I've seen it a few times
    Last edited by KimiFemi; Feb 19, 2008 at 10:54 AM.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have OCD, but I know some people who do. I think people with obsession have them because there usually to busy working on something to relize there starting to become obsessed with something. So I think its due to stressful living or something around those lines.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread