+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil dependence

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks

Oil dependence

http://www.vsocial.com/v/9b1927c83d8b9e618770159db8cee169' height='286
    funny video aside

What do you believe is being done to remove our depentance of oil/gas by our goverments as a whole? And what can be done? Granted to change the power socre of 6billion people is no easy task (yes I know not everyone has the money for oil but they're effected by it.)

Personaly I can't drive and perhaps never will be able to so gas prices don't effect me directly aside form heating and cooling.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Drug addictsion: Oil

hmmm sorry to say i also cann't drive..but i know my mom hates it and i know i always can't some places.but i know it is hitting the US hard.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

no matter how much gas cost people will have to pay for it or not be able to make it to work to make money.So they could charge 10 per gallon and we would have to pay for itlets just hope that doesn't happen tommorow but its unfair either way.

Code Name Wind

Newbie Dysdaimon may be famous one day Dysdaimon may be famous one day Dysdaimon's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps the gas prices rising is just one of the events on a long chain of events that eventually lead back to the core of pollution: human greed. Think about it, over the years, with people reproducing like rodents and more and more people using cars, the source of the oil to make gas is being mined dry, which causes a high decrease in the planet's natural reserves of oil. As if that's not bad enough, the amount of pollution (mainly by cars and factories) have damaged the ozone layer permanently. Who benefits from all this? Easy, the companies that sell the oil and demand more. Eventually, at this rate, twenty dollars per gallon of gas might soon become the new "cheap."

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Oil dependence

Changed the title.

I believe that safe replacements of oil in fuel have been found already but they are being held back by oil companies.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

It is true that there are alternatives to gasoline vehicles as a transportation. I just wished they made cars that are gas efficient more stylish.

On the grander scale of things, I would like the US to invest more into its public forms of transportation. It would be nice to have bullet trains similar to that of Japan/Europe.

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that safe replacements of oil in fuel have been found already but they are being held back by oil companies.
    I 100% follow you on that one,
    The companys choose to hold them back so they won't loose profit,
    Instesd they screw us over with outrageos prices for gas!

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are talking about replacing the gasoline in our cars with a substitute it exists, ethanol. However it isn't the oil companies holding us back. It's ourself. Ethanol has been around for quite some time now, and though it was supposed to replace our gasoline years ago it has failed misserably. The cost of making any kind of good ethanol that is effective uses corn I believe. However this ethanol gets less to the gallon than gasoline and actually costs more. Any other type of replacement(ie electric hybred) has already come out in mass production. It's just not probable. For everyday people who are always in a rush the cars have no power. This isn't back to the future. We can't run our cars on some local trash.

Plus changing the entire system of gasoline to another product? It would take years. And it would not be a smooth transision. A lot of other companies would suffer from this. Gas stations, car companies, would all have to adjust. It would cost a lot of people money. Not just oil companies.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast