+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The old Dating Double standard.....

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

The old Dating Double standard.....

Okay here something i would like to throw and see if this generates a discussion. It sure merited a lot of reactions here at work.

Assuming that society accepts that all men and women are equal ( totally equal this would be like yeah in a perfect world.), should it be an issue if a woman dates a guy/guys at the same time? I mean if a guy cheats the reaction is like major drama but feedback would be there must be something wrong with the girl.....

What would your side be on this one.

Ask men Url on the topic.
    In the dating world, it is not very difficult to generate controversial topics of conversation, which, if discussed with the opposite sex, often end in disagreements. The behaviors and practices that have become ingrained in dating etiquette often lead to double standards between men and women.

Actions that are acceptable for guys are frowned upon if women act that way, and vice versa. This phenomenon is subject to much study but, for now, let's take a look at some of the most blatant double standards in the ever-complex world of dating.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The old Dating Double standard.....

you have to remember that even if men and women are completely equal, the majority of the world is still a monogamous culture, meaning we only have one mate at a time, while there are exceptions to this, so yeah, it is an issue, especially if the other party involved doesn't like it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Franco (Apr 03, 2009)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is a clue, you are dating, date as many people as you want whether you are male or female. Until there is a ring on the finger (commitment) dating someone is meaningless no matter how attached they are. If you are in a committed relationship and go out with someone else you should be flayed no matter what your gender is.

See, I believe in equal opportunity flaying.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Mar 10, 2009)

Otaku Genma758 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I belive that love is all the same no matter what usually you can find it when your actually looking for it. when your not it doesnt appear. And i also belive that men and women are equal actually i prefer women to be over men. but i cant say that cause i mean comon women there are alot of things we cant do without eachother. we need to be as equals and i belive we are.

the dating part gets me tho. see i take dating very seriously cheating is bullcrap i dont belive in it at all. thats why hate ppl that have cheated on there person with somone else but everyone is right here if one person cheats it usually means that there is somthing wrong with the partner. But that still doesnt give you the right to cheat no matter what.
    The Man Who Knows War

And the Cutie at his Shoulder

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Here is a clue, you are dating, date as many people as you want whether you are male or female. Until there is a ring on the finger (commitment) dating someone is meaningless no matter how attached they are. If you are in a committed relationship and go out with someone else you should be flayed no matter what your gender is.

See, I believe in equal opportunity flaying.
    I agree with the ring on the finger bit, but keep in mind that in most places, "Dating" for more then six months and living together is considered by the government to be Common Law, and there might as well be a ring on the finger as far as "The Man" is concerned.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

... and if you live in a place with common law marriage then living together is a commitment and should be treated as such.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

There'll always be some form of 'sexism', in some way or other, for or against each sex. A woman might be frowned upon for going with (by "going with", I mean sleeping with/having relations with) various men. Dating, and having relations with someone, are two different things. I can't see a woman really being frowned on really bad simply for the idea of dating a few guys at a time, if its just dating. So in actual fact, as much as women might be frowned upon for certain things in the social term of things, in actual fact, the legal side of things will smile upon women, and less upon men. Maybe I'm getting into a touchy subject on this - but I'll stick out my neck and say yes, the law will be inclined to be less severe, simply because the lawbreaker is a female, and not a male. Even in prison, there are instances of women given single cells to themselves, and a caged garden, with plants and a tea table, and then you have cells with over-crowded men in them, who get out for (hopefully), an hour a day. I've seen this numerous times in documentaries, and on the net. Yes, its true, but I think it differs from state to state in some respects in America? Anyway, as for the ring thing, I agree with that wholeheartedly. Let's just remember its a legal commitment, designed to be, or to frame, an emotional one. The ring still doesn't stop someone going out with someone else, and yes, lets say that will be frowned on.

Me, I, personally, prefer not to get involved relationship-wise with someone who's been with a lot of different people. Male or female. That's my choice, and my preference, and theres a lot of reasons behind it, but I won't really go into it.

... Hmm. You might also want to lengthen this discussion to the effect of culture, too. Some countries would say nothing, or just roll their eyes. Another person in another country might get stoned to death, or something?

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Dating is nothing more then hanging out with a person, usually with the opposite sex. There for a date doesn’t mean the two people have to have any feelings for each other. You’re just hanging out to see if said person is the kind you are looking for
    How ever, if you are in a committed relationship with some one then yes, a man or women seeing others is wrong.

Hanging out. Your just being friends, no interest with other person what so ever and are not looking for any reason to have a relationship, although some times hanging out quickly goes through dating and turns into a relationship if the two become more then friends.

Dating. Similar to hanging out with another but have intentions to have a relationship and there for looking for the right person. Naturally it is best to date one at a time simply to avoid unnecessary drama do to male and female mentality dealing with competition which always involves aggressive behavior. Although it's not necessarily wrong to be dating more then one person how ever it is a mager head ach.

Relationship. Once you believe you have found the right person then you become committed to that person and that person only and there for should do the utmost best for your significant other and to resolve conflicts peacefully.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast