Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online Dating

no offense to anyone who does that but I think that is stupid. like ur too lame to meet someone in person?IDK that's just what I think.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont really think its a wrong choice, as long as you love eachother and have total trust in each other then thats what matters.
    AND i dont think its lame or stupid, bcuz u can always love someone without physical contact. AND you dont know, what if they do want to meet in person!sheesh.
    You cant just say that ppl in online realationhips have no self esteem or courage, when u havent even met them yet.
    Last edited by Star Girl; Apr 28, 2006 at 08:30 PM.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i think in all dating there is always the problem whether u can trust that person or not. but the biggest problem with online dating is that, that person can easily completely "cover" themselves up. u would find it hard to really tell if somebody was telling the truth about them selve, because there is no eye to eye, body language (physical contact).

and anyhow.. long distance relationship never really work out... it cause that ppl want to be with each other (physically) and nomatter how much technolgy can bring ppl together, its not as good as being by their side.. (i mean how could u protect the 1 u love if they're on the other side of the world).

but i'm not really into the hole online dating thing. i think its just 2 easy 4 ppl to lie over it.. but i can't say that real life is any different.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    Net conversations lack trust and assurance as oppossed to a 'face-to-face meeting/conversation whatever', LOL.
    That is true [not always, though], but even in face-to-face conversations, it can be very much true that the person to whom you are speaking with be also lying or trying to cheat on you. Lots of people are good actors, so one must always be on a look out no matter what kinda dating one is involved in. ^_^

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Something like that happened once, the guy turned out to be someone else .... nice on the net, someone else in reality ...

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    That is true [not always, though], but even in face-to-face conversations, it can be very much true that the person to whom you are speaking with be also lying or trying to cheat on you. Lots of people are good actors, so one must always be on a look out no matter what kinda dating one is involved in. ^_^
    Good pointt... But its more likely a person will play ya over the net... basically because they can. Net conversations tend to give off a less 'serious' atmosphere... or whatever, LOL. Nonetheless there are alot of creeps out there who could care less about betraying their partners trust.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    Something like that happened once, the guy turned out to be someone else .... nice on the net, someone else in reality ...
    I do know a case, where one of my sister's friend has gone through something similar, but it is different in the way that the guy was nice on front, but is totally, I say totally, different on her back. Good thing, she found that out before she accepted his proposal. Haha, some people are just bunch idiots, fooling with vulnerable/nice people like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    Good pointt... But its more likely a person will play ya over the net... basically because they can. Net conversations tend to give off a less 'serious' atmosphere... or whatever, LOL. Nonetheless there are alot of creeps out there who could care less about betraying their partners trust.
    I agree, my friend. I see what you mean! Net is at a little more risk that real life, face-to-face dating, but just for the sake of it, one must be careful, always. ^_^

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i don't know about online dating. I mean the websites they have are just so stupid and stuff. I can never really tell if anyone is actually who they say they are because its soo easy to alter how you see your self online. I did a project and self perception on the net at the beginning at the year and its so easy to miss understand someone. Like for instance sometimes the Avatars and sigs can be miss leading... sorry for this Pigtaru but how do we know that is you in that picture. The only way someone would know is if they already know you off line so a basis of your appearance is already made. These days online is has become so easy to cheat about describing your self.

However, i don't know if this counts but i found my now boyfriend online. We met in Animezone.co.uk and we got chatting a lot and then went on to texting and phone call till it was Expo in London, where we met for the first time and we both had seen pics of each other but because they are pics and can be altered we had an image that we were both taller then what we actually were. But its not really classed as online dating i hope because it wasn't like we were just looking desperately to met someone
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast