+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open trade with Cuba.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Open trade with Cuba.

Do you think America should cease its sanctions and embargoes on the Country of Cuba. I think it should. For one Cuba could benefit from the trade and tourism. America would have a new market for car parts, I mean Cuba is probably one of the few countries that buys predominately american cars besides Canada and America. Plus troops like me stationed in Cuba could take some well deserved liberty (time off) or leave (vacation) in Cuba.
    Last edited by beast; Jul 07, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Open trade with Cuba.

What do you mean "... well deserved liberty in Cuba." as those two words being 'liberty' and 'Cuba' are practacly never used in the same sentance.
    As for the trade and tourism aspect of that, well, those in power do not care much for Americans and ruil with an iron fist. Now I am sure they would be willing to trade, how ever I doubt they will allow tourism in their country being the fact that they would not want any out side influance on their population, they would also continue to try and keep their people from leaving Cuba. For trade, what exactly do they have that we would want? Other then Cuban cigars and I believe suger cane. Just out of curriosity.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jul 07, 2009 at 09:51 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Scourge you make some excellent points but there is one thing you don't understand too well and that is the term liberty in the military is time off. It is different from leave in some regards but to simplify, think of anytime you are not at work as liberty. Weekends are extended times of liberty. That is what I meant. As for What else do they have, well being on a base that is mostly male meeting some senoritas would be nice.
    Last edited by beast; Jul 07, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Thus is the reason why I asked as I was not exactly sure in what sense of the term you were using it as.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jul 07, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Thus is the reason why I asked as I was not exactly sure in what sense of the term you were using it as.
    Yeah I should have thought that one out when i was posting it but it is difficult to think of a civilian term. Weekend or holiday is the best I can think of but that is somewhat inaccurate as the base is open ans active all teh time so people have to work holidays and weekends. Leave would be a term most understand as vacation so you could use them interchangeably here. In hinesight I should have just comprimised and said something different. I will edit that.

Thanks

I already knew its militery term, living in San Diego and the rather large military persanel and all, not to mention some family and half my friends are in some form of service. Also my self working as an engineer and drafter on building the Predator, Reaper, Sky Warrior, and the new Avenger UAVs and there for run into at least one person from every branch service you pick up on some of those terms.
    I was just trying to get a better clarification for others here as most wouldnt quite get it's word usage and figured some one was going to ask.

+ Reply to Thread