+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: oprah right or wrong?

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: oprah right or wrong?

Ok well it seems your all in agreeance here in the debate forum. so I'll take the crappy "Oprah sucks" side.

Yes schools are overcrowded and falling apart in many areas but they have to be fixed with tax money, yeah money that the government takes from you. You see when Oprah takes her America hating publicity circus to Africa to spend all her money, that she got from us Americans, on improving the youth of a desperate nation, she is slapping us in the face. Can't you see it she says "I'll take your American money and give it to Africa and then you'll have to pay even more taxes cause I wont fix your stuff cause Africans are better than you!" Then when she eventually gets all our money into Africa and all the kids are getting better educations than ours she will become Empress of Africa and destroy us all. So Watch out all you Empress Oprah lovers, she will not sleep, she will not eat (well maybe a bit), she will not stop untill your all dead. Then She'll do a make over on your house and move African kids into it.

P.S. I'm sorry Oprah.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    Ok well it seems your all in agreeance here in the debate forum. so I'll take the crappy "Oprah sucks" side.

Yes schools are overcrowded and falling apart in many areas but they have to be fixed with tax money, yeah money that the government takes from you. You see when Oprah takes her America hating publicity circus to Africa to spend all her money, that she got from us Americans, on improving the youth of a desperate nation, she is slapping us in the face. Can't you see it she says "I'll take your American money and give it to Africa and then you'll have to pay even more taxes cause I wont fix your stuff cause Africans are better than you!" Then when she eventually gets all our money into Africa and all the kids are getting better educations than ours she will become Empress of Africa and destroy us all. So Watch out all you Empress Oprah lovers, she will not sleep, she will not eat (well maybe a bit), she will not stop untill your all dead. Then She'll do a make over on your house and move African kids into it.

P.S. I'm sorry Oprah.
    Yes, so true. They're are plenty of really poor areas in the US. Like Kentucky, which has a lot of really poor rural areas. She could have built some schools there.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

P.S. I'm sorry Oprah.
    Oh come on. You've done a much better job of playing devils advocate before. Is it so hard to come up with claims she had other motives then charity?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry its hard, I like Oprah. I'll try harder.

Ever wonder where Oprah helps the most? Poor, urban, predominantly black areas. Now she's spending money in Africa rather than here in the states. I pose a question to you all. Is Oprah racist? As an African-American woman is she being more African than American? There are many places here in the states that could really use the kind of help that she only seems to offer to people of her own ethnicity. Southern California's public schools are almost all criticly overcrowded but they receive no help because they are mostly hispanic. Middleton Idaho, a very poor farm and migrant worker town just had both its junior high and high school burn to the ground, will they receive help? No, because the communtiy is less than 1% black. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that Oprah doesn't help people that aren't black she just doesn't help people that don't live in areas with at least a high percent of black people.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie The bouncer is off to a good start The bouncer's Avatar
    Thanks

People think america is the greatest place in the world but its the worst I hate these dammed people that think they own the freakin world. I think africa should have a school too so people there could get an educating without all the trouble of getting into america

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry its hard, I like Oprah. I'll try harder.

Ever wonder where Oprah helps the most? Poor, urban, predominantly black areas. Now she's spending money in Africa rather than here in the states. I pose a question to you all. Is Oprah racist? As an African-American woman is she being more African than American? There are many places here in the states that could really use the kind of help that she only seems to offer to people of her own ethnicity. Southern California's public schools are almost all criticly overcrowded but they receive no help because they are mostly hispanic. Middleton Idaho, a very poor farm and migrant worker town just had both its junior high and high school burn to the ground, will they receive help? No, because the communtiy is less than 1% black. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that Oprah doesn't help people that aren't black she just doesn't help people that don't live in areas with at least a high percent of black people.
    Muuuuch better. See now that's a point someone can try and refute. I don't know enough about her to try though.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know who Oprah is (actually, I've seen her in magazines, but whatever), and I don't live in the States; but judging from the posts I've read, some of you probably disagree with Oprah placing a school in Africa.

I don't want to say this, but: There's actually poverty in America??? With all the American movies I have watched, not one of them have every portrayed that. Anyways, with Oprah placing a school in Africa... I wouldn't consider it as "wrong". But, considering the poverty-struck states in America, I wouldn't consider her decision "right" either. I mean, if I was her, I would've treated my country first. But, think of it this way: She probably thought that one of America's millionaires could build a school in America, that's why she treated Africa, a poverty-struck country.

...Or maybe because she thought there were more uneducated kids there in Africa than in America, that's why she placed Africa as her first priority. I don't know...

mmhmm.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to say this, but: There's actually poverty in America??? With all the American movies I have watched, not one of them have every portrayed that. Anyways, with Oprah placing a school in Africa... I wouldn't consider it as "wrong". But, considering the poverty-struck states in America, I wouldn't consider her decision "right" either.
    Well movies don't tell you everything. There just works of fiction most of the time, and they tend to focus on the good things. They're areas in the US that have very poor ppl. There just not talked about much. Oprah could have easily found a urban or rural run down school to rebuild.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast