+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Osama Obama

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Osama Obama

Well, i'd feel very uncomfortable if he was president and Muslim.

in know that our country just isn't ready for that kind of thing. we've only had one president that claimed to be something else than Christian. that was Kennedy, and he was given a lot of lip, people questioned if he'd be loyal to the US above the Pope. he said yes of course, but it would be natural for people to be concered.

and, even though he proclaims to be Chrisitan and have gone to the same church for 20 years, his name still makes people uncomfortable. now, i know it's not right and a man should be judged by his character... but something like 9/11 had never happend to the US before, and the people are scared... it would take a lot from Obama to "prove his worth" so to speak, but if he wants that chance of becoming the next president... he's going to have to bring it.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

ugh... ever heard of seperation of church and state?

Because the non-Christians here are pretty sick of the presidential candidates making the podium into a pulpit to court church dollars and the sheep-like support of the masses.

baaaaa

Give me an atheist. At least I know he'll think with his head and not with a thousand-year old book half of the world doesn't believe in anyway.

Why do you need to be CHRISTIAN to be a good person?! O-o;

That we don't know exactly where Obama stands on his faith is a good thing. It means he keeps it where it belongs: in the church and at home with his family.

Newbie kyzr is off to a good start kyzr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    ugh... ever heard of seperation of church and state?

Because the non-Christians here are pretty sick of the presidential candidates making the podium into a pulpit to court church dollars and the sheep-like support of the masses.

baaaaa

Give me an atheist. At least I know he'll think with his head and not with a thousand-year-old book half of the world doesn't believe in anyway.

Why do you need to be CHRISTIAN to be a good person?! O-o;

That we don't know exactly where Obama stands on his faith is a good thing. It means he keeps it where it belongs: in the church and at home with his family.

ExACTly. I'm a Christian myself, but =very= strongly opposed to religion in leadership. As the commander-in-chief, one's job is to make decisions about legislative, economic, and diplomatic issues. I don't see where God plays into any of these.

I hope Obama gets it, I truly do. It doesn't matter if he's black or white, Muslim or Christian... goodness, I wouldn't care if he was a Jewish homosexual with purple polka-dotted skin and a weed habit. He's an amazing orator, and the words coming out of his mouth make sense. End the war, save money, look good, this is how, this is why. He sees what we need, and he plans to get it for us. It's a shame that anyone would let his faith or his appearance get in the way of his cause. He's really got something to offer our nation through his election as President.

Not like Hillary, who's playing on Obama's negatives alone. (I don't listen to anything she says about men... she sure can pick 'em...)
    Or McCain, whose body is already beginning to decay, and will soon be very much dead.

[Draw me a sheep!]

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that it's absolutely rediculouse that people wont vote for obama because he's "muslim" or "christian" or whatever he is! It shouldn't matter their religion, as long as they're good in the office and has good ideas to help the country. And as for the name thing, I think it's rediculouse people would actually take that and make it apart of who they're going to vote for. And the only reason Obama was whearing those cloathes is because he wanted to respect the people's culture, was he not? It shouldn't matter anyway, as long as he'll so whatever he can to help the country, it shouldn't matter the least bit.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing about the whole religion and politics is you have to appeal to the people. It you look at the demographics of America, the majority are Christian whites. Christianity might not be a major religion around the world but its a big part of American culture. Also looking at person's religion can say alot about who that person is. If the person is a dedicated Christian then its a given they will have familiar morals. Islam is not a very well known religion and considering that alot of terrorism has been connected to this particular religion, it doesn't have a very good reputation. In one way or another, Christianity has a major influence on anyone in this country. In the end, its the majority who decides what kind of leader we will have.

I can't say that Obama will win for sure. All I know is that even though he is leading right now its far too early to tell who will be the democratic representative. In this race, we are going to end up with a bad president.

Newbie Alina sedai is off to a good start Alina sedai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xbeyondxthexgravex View Post
    no obama was not the one that swore in on the koran it was some senator or something they just swore in on the same day obama was actuly rasied prodistion by his mom who was white and he never even meet his dad who was muslum and from kenya. so i pretty sure he was never muslum and i know he was not the one who swore in on the koran.
    Ah ok, i was misinformed then, which happens, I saw an artical the other day that said the KKK supports Osama. i fell over laughing at the stupidity of some people who actually believed that

Um, how can I put this? YOU'D BETTER VOTE!

I don't care who you vote for--it's not my business--but I care when people say they're not voting. Your one vote could make or break the election. Do you want another G.W. Bush in office??? No? THEN VOTE!!!!
    I personally liked Bush, my father voted for him, i was not old enough to vote at the time. (i was 16 ) Yea now that i think about it i may vote, its just a pain to get absentee ballots.
    Last edited by Alina sedai; Mar 09, 2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: typos :>
    My Baby

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I can't say that Obama will win for sure. All I know is that even though he is leading right now its far too early to tell who will be the democratic representative. In this race, we are going to end up with a bad president.
    Only if you're a Conservative Fundimental Christian/Jewish Republican.

The rest of us are pretty excited about the idea of a race between a fairly moderate man of integrity on the right, fairly moderate democrat of color on the left and totally bats*** insane independant who can't seem to stay out of the race in spite of losing 2 or 3 times already. Whatever happens, it can't be worse than the current situation (and on that, the "majority" would seem to agree... judging from an approval rating somewhere in the 20s).

And for the record, plenty of "terrorism" has been committed by Judeo-Christians as well. Spanish Inquisition, the slaughter of the Aztecs, the theft of Native American land, the Holy Wars... heck, there are a few cases in the Bible where great religious leaders have ordered the slaughter of entire cities of "infidels" because they refused to believe in God (except the virgin women which were to be raped and kept as personal slaves).

Yeah... Christianity's so much better than Islam by default.

Give me a break.

Morals can exist without religion... and they can be grossly lacking even within it.

At least a good muslim president wouldn't drink, sleep around or feel comfortable in debt. (3 things I'd consider pretty good signs of character). And since Obama's wife isn't stomping around in a burka (or even hijab), I think it's safe to say, whatever he is: he isn't a scary fundimentalist.

If someone's supposed religious denomination is enough to buy a vote, I sincerely worry for this country...

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly think that because Obama and Hilary are both Democrats that whichever becomes President, the other will become vice-president. They're already talking about doing that and they can do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast