+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Others opinions influenced..

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Others opinions influenced..

Recently, I've been reflecting about past events that happened to me and I started to wonder about other people's opinions of me because of the company I kept. It doesn't bother me that if they think that way then fine, but if they want to complain to me about the company I kept because they didn't like them. Then I feel that they should tell me so I can walk away from them because they are too opinionated for me to handle. I want others to except me for who I am and not relate me to other people.

Lets discuss;
    1, Should people really base their opinion on others because of their friends?
    2, Has there been anything like this happen to you and it really got you down?
    3, Is there anything that can be helped or is it just a part of society that can never be changed?

Please feel free to add anything else on the topic
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Others opinions influenced..

Im not a influenceable person till certain point... I mean when Im getting into somethin new to me I definely will listen to the other ppl but in the end I'll always do what i feel like it, but when it comes to judge the others i dont listen to anybody I always take my own conclusions

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Lets discuss;
    1, Should people really base their opinion on others because of their friends?
    2, Has there been anything like this happen to you and it really got you down?
    3, Is there anything that can be helped or is it just a part of society that can never be changed?

Please feel free to add anything else on the topic
    Well it is a fact that we are all influenced by other ppl's opinion in a way or another.... some are greately influenced and others just a lil... but no one can say: I am doing this without any influence....

1. No ppl should not base their opinion on others 'cos peer preassure... that's just saying that you are your friend's puppet and not a thinking individual. Yes you can be influenced but not directed by what they say. Make your own criteria based on YOUR thoughts and critics, and your friends saying (to proof wrong or right)

2. yes it has happened to me before... specially when I was on HS... I think most teens have gone through this in their search of themselves... finding who they are...

3. I think that is just part of society... it cannot be changed... of course each generation is different... but it will be the same always... just on a different expression....

Those are my thoughts tho....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

1. doesn't this question seem kind of ironic to anyone other then me? There is a definite difference between basing one's opinion off of what a friend thinks and just taking their opinion for your own... basically this is determined by how comfortable a person is with themselves (are they willing to try making their own opinion or not?) and how well they trust their friends on that particular topic (or person).
    2. A person like me is judged so much that if I were ot worry about it I'd be dead...
    3.However don't be glum there is hope in every society. Mind you, it's not possible to completely change everyone (without taking their opinions from them which would be terribly hypocritical) however if the massesdidchange because of a few who had a better Idea... it wouldn't be the first.

Basically if you want to change the way that you see the world around you look at it a different way... but you already knew that I'm sure (if not it's our little secret now =p)

... and join my rebellion against time.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly i believe that other peoples judgments shouldn't effect you as a person and how u act. everybody has a opinion on everything, which is what we call that freedom of speech.

anyway onto the questions.

1. should we judge people on their friends? well honestly, i say y not? we judge other people on a lot less everyday. we'll judge u on ur haircut, ur general looks, the way u talk, how well u can talk, etc. so ur friends is just another way other people can judge u. but after saying that, we all judge people by the company they keep. but don't forget, friends or the people u hang around u will effect u, if u are easily influenced and the truth is, most of us are.

2. i've hanged around a lot of different people over the years, and i swear people have had there own opinions about me. but i've never been confronted about it. though i wouldn't care either way. they can judge me for who i hang around but i can judge them for what they really are. to judge someone on their actions is always more powerful than to just judge someone from circumstantial things like the friends they hang around.

3. well to answers this one i'm goin to say does everyone have the capability to change themselves? the simple answer to this is yes, but do we want to? no.

the truth is u will never get society from judging other people for the simple fact that everyone just wants to be better than somebody else. i know not everyone has this urge but the majority of people do.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

People should not base their opinions on what others think, fallow someones lead or do anything like that... We should all be individuals and make our own decisions. It is ussually better for us. And sometimes also better for the people around you. I say: "Don't let them influence you. YOU influence them."
    For example, I have a friend in my school, and she is very agressive and rude. Most people just ignore her rudeness, even the teachers do, some people play along with her, and some people just get scared of her (one guy especially ). I just hate such attitude and I knew that she can actually be a very nice girl. So I kept on telling her to stop being rude towards people and so on... Well all I know is that she doesn't act all cool around me anymore and I find her quite a nice person.
    In the same way I TRIED to influence my exe's friends, but they however were not friends good enough and just didn't ask me to come allong ever since. And people who leave you just because you stand up for yourself, don't respect you at all and are not worth your trouble, your company and your friendship...

Well yes, something like that is happening to me right now... I'm very influenced by my parents. But not because they press their opinion on me, but just because I look up to them.
    The case is that they don't like my bf and therefore, from time to time, I think about whether I should stay with him. I know this relationship will bring a lot of trouble in between me and my parents...

Well I don't know what I can do in my case... I guess I just have to live through this. I aint gonna make decisions just because they want me to do something, so they'll have to try and live with MY decisions :P

Well in any other case I just say- stay yourself! People should love you like you are.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say if everyone based their opinions on others opinions when they hear it then we would all be changing what we believe in.In other word we would be fickle.
    changing randomly.

so i have to say that if you do go off of what some one says then you have no mind of your own.

I can see how you can change somethings once you learn about it. For instance i always thought of myself as a democrat mainly cause my grandparents are and i have similar ideas to them but then i talked to my dad one day about the whole war thing and the difference between republicans and democrats and i realized that I'm not either. I don't like all that aether of them believe.

So i say if you take someones opinion and be open minded about it and take in different opinions then thats ok.

but just saying oh they believe in that so i should too then no thats not cool.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Thank you all for posting I just felt that in the past people who knew me held a grudge against me because of the friend I had that they didn't like. I just felt a little sad that people can sometimes be hard to people who are friends with someone they don't like.

I know that we can't get on with everyone but holding a grudge for others because of opinions of their friends is a little saddening. Everyone should be given a chance in my eyes to show if we would get on or not.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread