+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Our President is a MORON

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Our President is a MORON

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    no... this isn't Vietnam...

>.< people treat the soldiers with respect, not so in the Vietnam days... my dad went to Vietnam and he didn't get a heroes welcome, and neither did anyone else... they were spat on and looked down on and people were always asking them if they killed kids and stuff... not cool...
    I wasn't so much talking about the treatment of the soldiers, more so the reasons for going, the useless of it and the innocent people that were killed ( remind any one of Iraq?)

But yes, It was disgusting how they were treated. What ever the politics behind a war/invasion, we should always stand behind the troop who put their lives on the line, no matter what for

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    horay for comparing Iraq and Vietnam.. Time to stop this war before we lose that many again

First of all I support the troops 100&#37;, I do not however support the politians decsion to send them there.

The only thing I agree with in Iraq is the fact that they got rid of Saddam. But they are still there! really need to get out, too many innocent civilians are dieng, too many soliders are dieing.

Heck we still don't even now the real reason we are in there. Don't say to create democracy, there are heaps of countries out there that have dictators, why not help/invade them aswell? The closest thing any one can come up with is oil..

And so much for democracy if Bush keeps veto'ing ( then again, you did vote for him)
    U were missing the point of what I was tryin' ta say. We make such big deals 'bout the number of troops we're losing in Iraq, but I was sayin' look at the number of troops lost compared to our previous wars. Not that I'm sayin that any loss of life is any less significant, I jus' sayin' that our troops r better protected and trained than they were back then. They, better than anyone, can understand and cope with war and casualties. It doesn' matter the reasons why we're over there anymore, 'cause it's too late ta argue over that. Like I said "there's no use cryin' over spilled milk, jus' clean it up."

I want u ta chew on this for a while, think 'bout this,"What does Bush know that he can' tell us?" What is it that he knows 'bout Iraq that he couldn' tell us and still can't? We holler that he lied ta us, so what's new? Every politican has lied ta us, even past Presidents; Roosevelt and Lincoln included. Whether or not it was for their own interests or the interests of National Security, all politicians have their secrets. We're already over there, let's finish the job and with some honor and dignity. Something MY DAD Never Got To Do! My dad never got a handshake, never got a thank you, all he got was spit on and was called a "baby-killer." It wasn' 'til we moved here ta Georgia that he finally got some respect, people here shook his hand and thanked him for his service. Somethin' he never got and he beamed from it. For the first time in his life, he held his head up high. He was always proud of his service, now he's able ta show it. In war people die, it's up ta us ta honor their sacrifice. The solders out there r not stupid, they knew what it was they were signin' up for when they joined the military. I'm jus' sayin' let's believe in them and let them decide what's what, instead of playin' politics as usual. Oh, and FYI: I never voted for Bush,
    Last edited by Joe Mage; Jul 13, 2007 at 06:15 AM.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi_sensei View Post
    I won't say he is dumb if he was dumb he wouldn't be the president, dont you think? ......People just have different ways of thinking that's all. you need to look at this problem from another point of view. This war was inevitable. I know how everyone feels when their love ones die in the battle field. But every soldier knows what their fate is gonna be like when they join the military, so is their own decision to fight every war that comes their way.
    It's their duty.
    No, he's just dumb. This war was SO NOT INEVITABLE!!! We could've avoided it by simply looking for Bin Laden instead of messin' around with Iraq. Yeah, Saddam was an evil dictator, and MAYBE, just maybe he had WMDs. But Bin Laden attacked us, not Hussein. Totally could've avoided this mess.

And I was in the Army. I'm not dead. It's not every soldiers fate to die in a war. It's every soldiers fate to become skilled "warriors", but that's about it.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    No, he's just dumb. This war was SO NOT INEVITABLE!!! We could've avoided it by simply looking for Bin Laden instead of messin' around with Iraq. Yeah, Saddam was an evil dictator, and MAYBE, just maybe he had WMDs. But Bin Laden attacked us, not Hussein. Totally could've avoided this mess.

And I was in the Army. I'm not dead. It's not every soldiers fate to die in a war. It's every soldiers fate to become skilled "warriors", but that's about it.
    I haveta disagree wit u 'bout war (in general), it IS inevitable. The longest peace the world had, in recorded history, was with the Roman Empire and lasted 800 years; despite that, the empire was riddled with internal strife and violence; often perpetrated by the emperors themselves. Peace only comes in intervals, sometimes lasting a long time or only a short time. As long as mankind exists, there will always b war. As long as people need space and resources and we have leaders wit personal ambitions, war will continue ta exist. The only eternal peace is in death and if u wanna end war's existence, u must end mankind's existence. And I don' know 'bout u, but I don' feel like ending my existence jus' yet.

And ur right 'bout a solder's fate, a "true warrior's" purpose is ta protect those who cannot protect themselves and try ta keep war from those innocents who have nothing ta do with combat, not ta die. I have a profound respect for our armed servicemen, u included, regardless of how long they've served and whether or not they fought inna war. I salute our Armed Forces and give thanks ta those who served.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I haveta disagree wit u 'bout war (in general), it IS inevitable. The longest peace the world had, in recorded history, was with the Roman Empire and lasted 800 years; despite that, the empire was riddled with internal strife and violence; often perpetrated by the emperors themselves. Peace only comes in intervals, sometimes lasting a long time or only a short time. As long as mankind exists, there will always b war. As long as people need space and resources and we have leaders wit personal ambitions, war will continue ta exist. The only eternal peace is in death and if u wanna end war's existence, u must end mankind's existence. And I don' know 'bout u, but I don' feel like ending my existence jus' yet.

And ur right 'bout a solder's fate, a "true warrior's" purpose is ta protect those who cannot protect themselves and try ta keep war from those innocents who have nothing ta do with combat, not ta die. I have a profound respect for our armed servicemen, u included, regardless of how long they've served and whether or not they fought inna war. I salute our Armed Forces and give thanks ta those who served.
    You're welcome--for starters. ^_^

Now, on to business. I have to disagree with you on the whole war thing. War is never inevitable. Every war we've had in the history of mankind could've been easily avoided. Power corrupts most people, so the people in power think that it's neccesary to fight a pointless fight over a resource that they probably already have in thier own country. I think the only war that was ever justifiable would have to be the Civil War. It's the only war known to man that was actually for a worthy cause. WWII would probably have to be another one. Every other war--ESPECIALLY the crusades--was pointless and a waste of human lives.

Humans are just so accustomed to violence and war that people just think war is neccesary or inevitable. But if you think long and hard about it, does it really seem right to kill off thousands of people over a beef between two people?

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Bush is a dishonest cheat with no integrity in his body... You can sit there & say all presidents lie, but the ones we tend to love are the ones who prosper themselves & their country...

Yea' these are bad times, but when it wasn't.?. Especially if we are talking about the Middle East & there conflict of interest amongst each other... They have been fighting each other since the Biblical Times... Everyone knows how America is dependent on oil & how are supply & demand is in use of it... We know that the Middle East has oil over that way... Instead of saying we are fighting for a secure future of our oil surplus... He gives off a bullish story of W.M.D. & to help with freedom over there... (What happened to Bin Laden.?... Your guess is as good as mine!!!) Now I am not knocking off freedom, but this is Bush we are talking about... Do you actually believe he cares like that... If, so then where was he when 9/11 & where was he when Katrina hit & don't get me started on what his mother said... What about him not caring for the people in the U.S.?. I guess you can say him going after oil is to better America's economy or is it.?.

Lets say that this is for freedom & democracy... Do he actually think that this is the best way to go... Like I said they have been fighting amongst each other since the beginning of Christ... This is just a battle that America isn't meant to fight... I mean we can help with supplies, medicare, & stuff like that, but fighting shouldn't be an issue unless that was the last resort... We never really had a first so who can say.?. We are already fighting a losing battle cause if you believe in the Bible it already says that "the East will not be defeated..." And we all know who is the East...

If we do defeat the Middle East we probably do it the way we did Japan... And if that happens I wouldn't want to see what's in store for tomorrow.

"Live for today cause tommorrow isn't coming for you..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    You're welcome--for starters. ^_^

Now, on to business. I have to disagree with you on the whole war thing. War is never inevitable. Every war we've had in the history of mankind could've been easily avoided. Power corrupts most people, so the people in power think that it's neccesary to fight a pointless fight over a resource that they probably already have in thier own country. I think the only war that was ever justifiable would have to be the Civil War. It's the only war known to man that was actually for a worthy cause. WWII would probably have to be another one. Every other war--ESPECIALLY the crusades--was pointless and a waste of human lives.

Humans are just so accustomed to violence and war that people just think war is neccesary or inevitable. But if you think long and hard about it, does it really seem right to kill off thousands of people over a beef between two people?
    I haveta agree wit u on the Crusades, it was a complete waste, but I have stated the reasons for my belief of the inevitablity of war and I stick by it. It's not jus' 'cause of poor leaders that we fight it is also over land, of which we don' own it's jus' on loan from nature, and the scarcity of resources. Look at the history of the world it's riddled wit these "justifications of war." I not sayin' it's right, I'm jus' sayin' that this will never change, 'cause as long as these reasons exist, war will exist. And these reasons will never cease to exist. I have never, nor shall ever, become accustomed to war, I've jus' accepted that as long as mankind continues to exist, that we will have wars. Like I've said, the only way ta end wars is if we end mankind's existence. And I'm not ready to become extinct jus' yet.
    Last edited by Joe Mage; Jul 13, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Bush is a dishonest cheat with no integrity in his body... You can sit there & say all presidents lie, but the ones we tend to love are the ones who prosper themselves & their country...

Yea' these are bad times, but when it wasn't.?. Especially if we are talking about the Middle East & there conflict of interest amongst each other... They have been fighting each other since the Biblical Times... Everyone knows how America is dependent on oil & how are supply & demand is in use of it... We know that the Middle East has oil over that way... Instead of saying we are fighting for a secure future of our oil surplus... He gives off a bullish story of W.M.D. & to help with freedom over there... (What happened to Bin Laden.?... Your guess is as good as mine!!!) Now I am not knocking off freedom, but this is Bush we are talking about... Do you actually believe he cares like that... If, so then where was he when 9/11 & where was he when Katrina hit & don't get me started on what his mother said... What about him not caring for the people in the U.S.?. I guess you can say him going after oil is to better America's economy or is it.?.

Lets say that this is for freedom & democracy... Do he actually think that this is the best way to go... Like I said they have been fighting amongst each other since the beginning of Christ... This is just a battle that America isn't meant to fight... I mean we can help with supplies, medicare, & stuff like that, but fighting shouldn't be an issue unless that was the last resort... We never really had a first so who can say.?. We are already fighting a losing battle cause if you believe in the Bible it already says that "the East will not be defeated..." And we all know who is the East...

If we do defeat the Middle East we probably do it the way we did Japan... And if that happens I wouldn't want to see what's in store for tomorrow.

"Live for today cause tommorrow isn't coming for you..."

Man, I just don't get it. It's a fight of biblical proportions. They've been goin' at it for centuries without our interference, so why the hell do we need to be over there??? All it's doin' is making our gas like 4 dollars a gallon!!! I DON'T LIKE RIDING THE CITY BUS!!!

We did fine for so long without actually having to go in to battle, then this dumbass gets elected and we're sitting in the crapper! I know that if I seen the same two people fighting for more than ten years, I'd just leave those to mofos alone. There's no point in trying to stop a fight when both sides refuse to concede.

Screw oil! There's a handful of other forms of energy. And we've got hybrid cars now, which means that soon we'll have electric cars. All digging for oil does is hollow out the Earth. We're already almost out of fossil fuel (by "we", I mean the planet), why make it worse? >_<

I need to quit before my cubicle walls go flyin'... Joe and Inuruto, I'm gonna add you to my network as soon as I get a chance. You seem like cool peeps. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast