Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Parallel Universes?!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Parallel Universes?!

one of the leading theories in this subject came out in a special issue of Scientific American, the october of last year i think. based on the compounding theory of succesive parallel dimminsions we start with a linear dimmension where when our universe ends, another is created.

compounding on that is the plane theory that while all universes end, there is not only one at any point in time. in fact several universes exist, each starting from a big bang like occurence, the theory states that a universe should be defined as the limit light has traveled from the true point of orrigin (location of the big bang), but that the "multiverse" is really an enourmous all encompassing cosmological plane that has several universes with colliding horizons. when the horizons collide the to parralell universes fuse into one.

the third stack is known as the "prism" theory, where as each universe in the plane theory gets older parts of it are eventually atracted intoa singularity simmilar to the orriginal big crunch. this causes another big bang within a present universe, the result is that teh new big bang pushes itself outside the horizon of the one before it, this can't make it collide with another horrizon, however, so it must now progress up.

the finnal piece to the theory is relative to all the others past teh linear theory. this states that there are infinite parrallel universes, each acting out a percentage of all possible outcomes of every action. so if one were to roll a dice then 1/6 of teh universes would have teh die land on a 1, 1/6 one 2 and so on. while this is simmilar to the parralel universe Chubz bashed for us, it has the fundamental difference that in this theory there are no "opposites" and therefore would not be a "1st universe", "2nd universe".

this is a very brief summary, enjoy.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe it is posible but there is no way we could possibly get there. You cant go in a black whole and that would be the only rthing you could possibly get there with.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I believe in parallel Universes.

The Membrane Theroy is a mixture of String Theroy and another theory, right?(sorry i forgot the other name..)

Newbie kiara may be famous one day kiara may be famous one day kiara's Avatar
    NY USA hanging out with the teen titans lol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micronian_ace View Post
    Yes, I believe in parallel Universes.

The Membrane Theroy is a mixture of String Theroy and another theory, right?(sorry i forgot the other name..)
    yup that would be correct. I think it was also with the chaos theory although I could be wrong.

Newbie Alternative ZERO may be famous one day Alternative ZERO may be famous one day
    Thanks

so far, i don't.....

i think it's a really farfetch'd issue and it looks as complicated as time travel and probably more complicated and less believable than the existence of a god....i'm open for possibilities that would soon pop up in the near future tho...but as of now i don't believe in such things coz i see no concrete evidence and theory that "kind of" proves that there are such things that existed....if i'm wrong and someday i see a proof of it, i'd certainly stand corrected...i do believe that proving the trruth that there's something like a parallel universe can change how humans think and their viewpoints on life....there's too many things that could end up as untrue if there is such a parallel universe, making the world and life more complicated....i think some theories are better left as mysteries, like a song says.."it's better to save the mystery than surrender to the secret".....

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a song, it matters not of what it says...

I do believe you may have your language wrong oldmagic, the universe is the total objects and whatnot throughout space, I do believe the word you are looking for is dimension, or something.

And as you mentioned an increase of complication on regular life... why would you say such a thing? This 'parallel universe' we're talking about could be scientifically or medically advanced, maybe even both. It would be in the best interest of the world if it was to discover said dimension.

Ahem, why would the thought even cross your mind that this is far fetched? Wasn't it, years ago, the very thought of space travel was in the same boat you're putting another dimension in? But we have traveled through space many times even though the task of attaining the travel was complicated.

'i think it's a really farfetch'd issue and it looks as complicated as time travel and probably more complicated and less believable than the existence of a god'

Now why would you say that, because the idea seems foreign to you? The question was merely do you think there is, not would we be able to contact and I think you confused your mind into a state were it thought that was what was being asked, or so I've come to assume.

There really isn't any kind of concrete proof that can attest to these kinds of things. Science was made up as we went along, giving everything a special little name and a definition so nothing can really be true and right. The proof you seek is never going to be found unless it is made up and even then it can never obtain the title of absolute truth. Seeking the answer is a lost cause in fact, society only forces you to know what the pretend answer to get ahead in life. Such a lovely thing isn't it.

No theory is good left as a mystery, we, the human, desire some kind of real truths in our lives so it would only bring suffering to some, not all and therefore no one special. These answer must be found to say merely that it was another solves enigma, another victory for man.

So many of you people who have posted aren't seeing the what this question encompasses. If we do find another dimension, one with people and the whole shabang, what does that mean on our end? Is all we've done throughout life just a lie? Is our reality real, or is their's the real one? Are we all but a reflection of them? A small fragment of a human, not really there but still holding tight to the illusion that we are.

Maybe I'm just being being mad, but I do really think that there is no reality here just thoughts of it, yup, I'm just mad..
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Newbie Alternative ZERO may be famous one day Alternative ZERO may be famous one day
    Thanks

increased complications, yes it could happen if we do discover such a thing, you said it might be more advanced. advancements in technology did made life easier and all but it does brought lots of complications with it, more questions that awaits to be answered, more threats in life, etc....it would be in the best interest of the world, yes i do agree with that but that's not the only possibility that it may bring...i'm not going to get stuck with just one possibility...

'i think it's a really farfetch'd issue and it looks as complicated as time travel and probably more complicated and less believable than the existence of a god'

farfetched in a sense that in our present time, human knowledge in general is simply not enough to really comprehensively prove it as a generally human truth since it's still not easily or naturally introduced....back then ideas like space travel and even flying were farfecthed but that doesn't really mean that all of the ideas who are in that (like you said) "same boat" can be done or proven as fact and will be out of the farfetched line....if it gets to be proven someday and if i get to see that day... or if someone shows me enough proof, i'll definitely stand corrected....

'There really isn't any kind of concrete proof that can attest to these kinds of things. Science was made up as we went along, giving everything a special little name and a definition so nothing can really be true and right. The proof you seek is never going to be found unless it is made up and even then it can never obtain the title of absolute truth. Seeking the answer is a lost cause in fact, society only forces you to know what the pretend answer to get ahead in life. Such a lovely thing isn't it.'.

..i quite agree on you regarding this, even though we humans seem to know too much(at least in other people's perspective) we can never fully understand the said subjects...we all go by human truth, not really sure if it's the total truth that fully tackles it...just smidgens of understanding.....i never said anything that it's untrue or true, it's just that so far i don't believe it because there are not too much things that can make me believe in it....i'm just looking for concrete proof(or just anything that can make me shift belief regarding it) regarding the existence of parallel universes not the concrete truth coz looking for that can be next to nothing.....

****i stand with my "some theories are better left as mystery", coz proving a theory might counter anything that has been proven before. even though that's a good thing so we could find the real answer, but then again not all curiosities end up with positive outcomes...and oh, as far as quoting the song goes…I do prefer it than out of place madness….

****this is already and totally off topic so if you wanna broaden the discussion regarding it, we could just healthily discuss it on pms....

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmagic View Post
    Do you believe it is possible? I don't mean going to another parallel universe. I just mean theoretically. You know, for every cause there is an effect. Some things that didn't happen in our universes happened in another. Or rather created another where it did happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmagic View Post
    A multiverse is a set of many universes. There are many specific uses of the concept, as well as systems in which a multiverse is proposed to exist in. It can mean:

In physics and cosmology:

* Multiverse (science), a consequence of some scientific theories which results in conclusions necessitating more than one universe. This is often a result of attempts to rationalize the underlying mathematics in quantum theory to cosmology.
    o The Many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics, which proposes an alternative to wavefunction collapse. Every non-deterministic event actually "splits" the world into both branches.
    o Bubble universe theory (also known as Bubble theory), in which new universes bud off from old ones.
    o Oscillatory universe, a theory that the universe undergoes infinite "Big Crunches" followed by "Big Bangs." Each universe succeeds the next.
    o Chaotic inflation theory, which proposes an open multiverse theory.
    Ahh... no. I'm with Chubz on that. There may be "dimensions", multiple universes, but I very much doubt they have anything to do with each other. Trousers of time and all that is just what it came from, fiction.

I see no reason there cannot be multiple universes however coexisting in different dimensions or whatever. We really don't have the language to discuss it do we? All I do know is that according to a documentary I saw there is a theory out there that multiple dimensions may be the reason for light acting like both a wave and a particle. The idea is that light particles are so small they actually interact inter-dimensionally at some level and the wave action is actually light bouncing off other light particles etc from other dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    Interesting link Holder. I'll have to find the time to read it all.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast