+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents and Kids

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Parents and Kids

Do you think that it is right for parents to butt into children's lifes and make them do things that they do not want to do?

For instance do you think that it is right for a parent for force a child to play a sport or do ballet or anything like that just because the parent:
    A: Did it when they were younger
    B: Want there child to do it
    C: Thinks that their child likes it because they watch it on t.v.

In my opinion it is not right to make a child do anything like that they don't want to. If he/she doesn't want to play a sport don't force it upon them let them find out for themself if they want to do it or not.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Do you think that it is right for parents to butt into children's lifes and make them do things that they do not want to do?

For instance do you think that it is right for a parent for force a child to play a sport or do ballet or anything like that just because the parent:
    A: Did it when they were younger
    B: Want there child to do it
    C: Thinks that their child likes it because they watch it on t.v.

In my opinion it is not right to make a child do anything like that they don't want to. If he/she doesn't want to play a sport don't force it upon them let them find out for themself if they want to do it or not.
    I think it is a parents duty to expose their children to different things!
    Forcing a child to so something that he/she hates isn't right but the child should try that thing once because it might be more fun than it seems.
    I had to try things but if I didn't like them, I could stop. That has helped me shape my decisions later in life on experences... not guesses!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright well say you didn't like it but yet your parents continued to force you to do it. What would you do? I myself would refused to go. If I didn't like to do something then I didn't do it. I think parents should let the child ask to do the activity first. Like when I was younger I asked to do Baton and Dance so there for I loved and enjoyed doing it. I was forced into cheerleading and I hated every minute of it. So I think that parents should let the child come to them about a sport or activity they want to do.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

If a child is forced to do something chances are the are not going to enjoy it. I was forced to take piano lessons because I was always playing on it and had taught myself chop sticks and several other songs. I use to love it, but when they made me take lessons, I hated it. I play every now in then so I won't forget how to, but I don't enjoy it any more so much.

I don't think parents should force them to do anything. They could suggest that the child take it, but if the child doesn't want to do it, they probably won't do it to the best of their ability.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

First of all it isn't butting into their kids life it's called being a parent. Secondly if your parent wants you to then yes, you should do it. If you try it and don't like it you can quit but how can you know if you don't try? As long as a parent isn't trying to live out a fantasy through their kids then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    I think it is a parents duty to expose their children to different things!
    Forcing a child to so something that he/she hates isn't right but the child should try that thing once because it might be more fun than it seems.
    I had to try things but if I didn't like them, I could stop. That has helped me shape my decisions later in life on experences... not guesses!
    I agree with that, a chid him/herself cannot make the choice unless he/she has already experimented with many options: sports, music, or whatever
    My parents exposed me to ballet, Piano, singing, sports and I desided I liked piano, sports and singing. But that was after I was exposed to all thoose things. My parents respected my decision.

Alright well say you didn't like it but yet your parents continued to force you to do it. What would you do? I myself would refused to go. If I didn't like to do something then I didn't do it. I think parents should let the child ask to do the activity first. Like when I was younger I asked to do Baton and Dance so there for I loved and enjoyed doing it. I was forced into cheerleading and I hated every minute of it. So I think that parents should let the child come to them about a sport or activity they want to do.
    Not always the kid has the option of refusing. Sometimes when the kid refuses the parents then force the kid even harder. They also qualify the kid as a "rebel." Pretty often this kids grow up with insecurities and fears. And if they don't accomplish what the parents expect, the parents use (sometimes) harsh words as: you are useless, you cannot do anything right or words alike. They might think that using those words they are motivating the kid to do better in what THEY want the kid to do.... and they actually are doing the opposite with the child
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku sazza2488 may be famous one day sazza2488 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Me personally I don't think that parents should make their own child do things. But...The parent should influence them and support their choices what ever they choose.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

That would have sucked!
    I would have tried to eather get kicked out or not go. My parents are strict but allow me to talk to then and have input on decisions that affect me. I don't know what I would do if my parents had all the control over my life!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast