+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents and Kids

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Parents and Kids

No, absolutely not. It isn't right for a parent to push their child(ren) into doing something the kid themself doesn't want to do. It's not right and so wrong. It upsets me when I ask kids, "did you want to that?" or "so you like doing this??" and then they reply to me, "No. My mom made me do it." or "No. I hate this. But I'm in it because it's what my dad wants.." It's so unfortunate for them to have to go through that. What right does a parent have to tell their kid to do something that they don't want to do when it's of a personal matter such as the way to dress, or a certain sport to play, or even who they hang out with! They are not their children! They have no rights over this. But unfortunately, since they are the parent and boss... they can do whatever the hell they want to do. And that sucks. No, it isn't right and shouldn't be done.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Parents and Kids

One sad example is my cousin... he is not good at music... he does not have the talent for it, he like it though but he does not like to play in a band or so, he likes to play for him... and i also like that he plays for him... but his mother -my aunt- makes him play on the church band... just to say that "her" son plays in a band... My cous hates it.... I know that cos he was is our hispanic church band.... and on practices he didn't want to play seriously... he didn't want to play in the band!!!!! He got out of our band - by his own... and his mother made him play on the anglo church band... he is playing there now... but 'cos he does not care and he does not have the talent.... he plays horrible.... i love my cos to death... but that is not his field... and he is ther cos his mother... it is very sad....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if it is that they just want you to try new things, then I think it's fine. But to force a child to do something just cause they enjoy it or something doesn't seem right. Arriana makes a good point too.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    First of all it isn't butting into their kids life it's called being a parent. Secondly if your parent wants you to then yes, you should do it. If you try it and don't like it you can quit but how can you know if you don't try? As long as a parent isn't trying to live out a fantasy through their kids then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    What she said.
    If the kid tries it and does not like it after a couple of lessons then don't make it stay there. But the parents have every right to coax their children into trying things. It's good for your development as a human being.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Its what parents do they butt into their children's life's and make them do things that they do not want to do because its mostly for the good of the kid thats why they do it and being a parent is just that.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Parents and Kids

We cannot forget that most parents do it 'cos they think is the "best" for their kids. Most parents want the best for their kids. An dthey try their best. Being a parent I imagine it is not an easy task. Maybe a parent is doing that 'cos he/she is ignorant (not evil or dumb just ignorant). There are parents though on the other side, they mean on everyway to control their kids as robots... that's is just wrong.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Okay, yes all of you have good points, but we musn't forget that some parents do it because they forget who's life it is. In some cases, the parent wants to live a life they never had. So they live it through their kids. And this isn't right. Yes, the make their children do things because its of good intentions, but sometimes guidance just doesn't cut it. And that's what needs to be fixed.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Look at arriana's post. That should settle this up in a nut shell. Is it ok for parents to try and get their kids active in things, yes. Is it ok for them to use this as a way to live out their fantasies and desires, no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast