+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Parents and Kids

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Okay, yes all of you have good points, but we musn't forget that some parents do it because they forget who's life it is. In some cases, the parent wants to live a life they never had. So they live it through their kids. And this isn't right. Yes, the make their children do things because its of good intentions, but sometimes guidance just doesn't cut it. And that's what needs to be fixed.
    Yes, but as I said, some parents do that cos they feel that is the best. PLus out there society has insecure parents that are dissapointed of themselves and they want their kids to be proud of themselves and they want to be for once proud of one thing they have "done."
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Yes, but as I said, some parents do that cos they feel that is the best. PLus out there society has insecure parents that are dissapointed of themselves and they want their kids to be proud of themselves and they want to be for once proud of one thing they have "done."
    Once again, an example of "living the wrong life". They did bad in their lives, so they push their children into becoming and doing things that they couldn't. Most times it's to better the child, but in some unfortunate cases, it's just the parent being selfish, not really getting over their own life.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Once again, an example of "living the wrong life". They did bad in their lives, so they push their children into becoming and doing things that they couldn't. Most times it's to better the child, but in some unfortunate cases, it's just the parent being selfish, not really getting over their own life.
    That's why i NEVER said all parents I said SOME or MOST... I know there are out there bad intentions....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I AM a mother. And, I don't know about everyone elses kids... But I can say from my OWN exprerience, that I dont have to force my kids to do anything. I encourage them, and I help them better establish the things I can tell they are NATRUALLY interested in.

An observant parent will see a childs natrual interest and potential with certain activities. Because many children will express their own interests, you just have to keep your eyes open.
    And if the kid DOES sit and watch basketball on TV, it wouldnt hurt to bring them to a park with a basketball hoop, and see what they can\want to do.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Forcing a kid to do a sports or play music wrong but somtimes it can also be a good thing.
    For intense what if the kid watches tv al day and dosn,t go outside to play then forcing him/her to play or to go an a sport isnt a bad thing, also if your kid is the victi of a bully forcing the your kid to go an selfdefence is a very good idee.
    There are also some sports that teaches children and peopol very useful things like swiming and self defence.
    Also forcing a to somthing like cleaning up his room or to go to school taeches them a great deal not only do they learn to clean there room but also that somthings just have to be done.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think everyone has some good points here. I believe parents should push their kids to do cirtain things IE: play outside, read, learn manners and so forth. In that same setting their are things like some others have said that shouldn't be pushed onto kids just because. I wasn't pushed into doing anything I didn't like really, (except for growing up in a horrible house and thats another topic) so I got to learn everything on my own, now I won't say thats always a good thing because I got into a lot of trouble sometimes. My dad always warned me by telling me what was right and what was wrong but he also told me that I had to learn everything for myself no matter what he said so I did. Had I been forced into being a more of a school person I might be in a different place now but I doubt i would be nearly as street smart or have the common sense I have now. As it was said earlier their are cirtain things that kids should be somewhat forced into when they are young but as they grow the responsibility should slowly weigh onto them as to what they should and should not do. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    First of all it isn't butting into their kids life it's called being a parent. Secondly if your parent wants you to then yes, you should do it. If you try it and don't like it you can quit but how can you know if you don't try? As long as a parent isn't trying to live out a fantasy through their kids then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    Indeed all said here is so right.

When the Kid comes of Age he/she will make there own choice but untill then. The Parent is to help there kids get strong, and into new things. ^^;
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

True, but sometimes the parent doesn't know what's good for the kid. The parent get's the kid into things that they think the kid'll like, or they themselves like. Just because the dad of the child used to be the captain of his school football team way back when, doesn't mean that his little boy is going to like football. Yes, he can introduce the sport to his child, but if the child doesn't seem to like it, that is where the parent doesn't know when to stop or keep on going. Sometimes the parent gets too into the situation and too into their own past, that they forget that it isn't their life. It's their child's. That's why there are so many teens and children who are soccer players, ballerinas, cheerleaders... and do not enjoy it one bit. Some of the times it's the parent who forces the kid into doing things.

It's one thing to encourage a child, it's another thing to force them to do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast