+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Parents and Kids

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    But how is one to know if they like something if they never try it. I was afraid to go swimming until my father tossed my butt in. Poof! like magic I could swim, and on hot summer days I am very thankfull of that. I know its a lame example but if parents dont expose their children to new things how will the child determine what he or she likes. We could just let our kids sit and watch TV untill their 18 then kick em out and say "good luck". Would that be better?
    A better example would be a friend of mine whose mother forced him to take piano lessons. He wanted nothing to do with music he just wanted to go out and play. Now he is majoring in music at University and is married to the prettiest wife he met through the music program. He thanked his mother publicly for making him take those lessons.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want them to act like adults then yeah, I mean if a child wasn't raised right then he/she will never listen to you but because you never raised him right, but if you did butt into their lives then they say I hate you or something like that, though my step-cousin is a little off with these questions, like he says to his auntie, "auntie do we got school tommorrow?" even though its saturday lol.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

It's one thing to make sure your child does his homework but it's another when you sign them up for all these damn classes. Ballet, baseball, piano lessons, karate, spelling bees. Man you have these kids on overload.

Take Karate for example. These mothers sign their daughters up for Karate to learn self defense. But they don't want to do it in the first place. They don't practice at home, they don't want to be there, they make up excuses not to go, they hardly come to class, etc.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

How come everyone today is too much of a pussy to smack their kids around? That's what I want to know: why are parents afraid to beat their kids? When I was a kid and I screwed up, my parents beat my ass. We didn't have a conversation about it. I didn't have a "time out." In fact, I've never even once been grounded in my life. What's the point? Send your kid to his room and make him play video games and read comic books all day? Great idea, why don't you take him to a psychiatrist while you're at it so she can pull some disorder out of her ass to hide the fact that you're a bad parent?

Kids today need a good beating every now and then. If you don't beat your kids when they fall out of line, the next thing you know your son will go off and bang some dude in the ass just out of spite. You tell them to clean their room, they say "no," you smack them. It's simple; it works. Don't listen to these assholes on TV with their bullshit hippy psycho babble; if they had it their way, every child would be raised in a pastel colored room with Philip Glass pumped through the speakers 24 hours a day. Then again, it might not be all that bad because it will make your kids complacent, so it won't be as hard for them to swallow when they realize that they'll be spending the rest of their lives chained to a desk in a cubicle writing reports to make someone else rich.

The problem is that kids today think their opinions matter. By not beating your kids, they get a skewed perspective of reality where they start thinking that they have it rough and that they can get away with dying their hair and listening to Insane Clown Posse. That's where you need to come in and put the law down.

Remember: never take shit from your kids. You make payments on the house, utilities, their clothes, school, and their food. You own them. If they don't like it, they can move out. If you love your kids, love them enough to beat them so that they don't grow up to be idiots.

note: this is an article that i've just found to relate to this thread.
    source: click here
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you parents sign their kids up for more then their kids can handle. The kid also needs to have a life of it's own. You know play time and time to hang out with friends. Instead of having all these projects needing to be done. Also it would be great to have a family time you know once a week sit down and play games watch a movie get to know your kids. Find out what they like to do and what they are interested in joining. Do boy scouts or girl scouts with them or if they join something volunteer and help out with it. You would be amazed at how much your kid would love it. Just because you don't like something and your child does don't stop them from doing the activity meaning sports or something like that.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

lol All i know is, that i want my child to be like me , so id side-force things i've done onto them, why?, because im a batter person than others, >.< of course i dont agree with forcibly getting a child to sumthing they dont like, i'd stop there if they say they dont, theres no use forcing because it'll just end up them hating it.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Parents and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post

How come everyone today is too much of a pussy to smack their kids around? That's what I want to know: why are parents afraid to beat their kids? When I was a kid and I screwed up, my parents beat my ass. We didn't have a conversation about it. I didn't have a "time out." In fact, I've never even once been grounded in my life. What's the point? Send your kid to his room and make him play video games and read comic books all day? Great idea, why don't you take him to a psychiatrist while you're at it so she can pull some disorder out of her ass to hide the fact that you're a bad parent?

Kids today need a good beating every now and then. If you don't beat your kids when they fall out of line, the next thing you know your son will go off and bang some dude in the ass just out of spite. You tell them to clean their room, they say "no," you smack them. It's simple; it works. Don't listen to these assholes on TV with their bullshit hippy psycho babble; if they had it their way, every child would be raised in a pastel colored room with Philip Glass pumped through the speakers 24 hours a day. Then again, it might not be all that bad because it will make your kids complacent, so it won't be as hard for them to swallow when they realize that they'll be spending the rest of their lives chained to a desk in a cubicle writing reports to make someone else rich.

The problem is that kids today think their opinions matter. By not beating your kids, they get a skewed perspective of reality where they start thinking that they have it rough and that they can get away with dying their hair and listening to Insane Clown Posse. That's where you need to come in and put the law down.

Remember: never take shit from your kids. You make payments on the house, utilities, their clothes, school, and their food. You own them. If they don't like it, they can move out. If you love your kids, love them enough to beat them so that they don't grow up to be idiots.

note: this is an article that i've just found to relate to this thread.
    source: click here

I am in so much agreenment with you!!!!! I now thank my parents for every beat that they gave me everytime I screwed up!!!! I am where I am now because they thought me to be educated, they thought me the value of RESPECT THE OLD PPL and others. And most of all they thought me how to respect them. Today's parents are being litaraly being disciplined by their kids. Kids seem to have authority over the parents, that is just out of order.... If you beat ur child moderately it is not going to cause TRAUMA IT IS NOT!!! what is going to create is discipline, something that no-a-days is missing really bad 'cos parents have become way to easy on kids. The kids now a days need discipline... if you parents don't do anything when they can... next thing theya re going to see is their child on jail... just because they didn't put limits in the house so when they got out the house, they didn't know how to follow the law... the parents never thought them how to....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    But how is one to know if they like something if they never try it. I was afraid to go swimming until my father tossed my butt in. Poof! like magic I could swim, and on hot summer days I am very thankfull of that. I know its a lame example but if parents dont expose their children to new things how will the child determine what he or she likes. We could just let our kids sit and watch TV untill their 18 then kick em out and say "good luck". Would that be better?
    That's true. I mentioned too, that I may never have taken an interest in music, dance, and other fields in the arts if my parents never enrolled me in all sorts of classes without bothering to ask me things like, "Darling, would you like to learn how to ...?" My parents always were the sort who believed in an extensively well-rounded education. So it came to be that I got my lessons in music, swimming, gymnastics and art. And Chinese. Those that I decided I didn't like I dropped after 1-2 years (my parents insisted that I sit through the classes for at least a year, just in case I changed my mind about not liking them).

Of course, this depends on what sort of decisions we're talking about and how old the child is.

And about the beating... I'm not against spanking kids, as long as the spanking doesn't get out of hand (and turns into abuse). My sisters and I got whacked a lot while we were growing up, and though I wouldn't exactly like to look back on all that caning, I must say it did a great deal in disciplining the three of us. I'd get smacked if I refused to go for piano lessons. I'd get smacked if I said I didn't want to stay back after school for gym. I swear if I have kids in the future they'll be smacked too if they go out of line or try to be funny with me... that is, until they're too old to be smacked. I don't think I could ever be the nice, gentle mom who bakes meatloaf every week and drives to school just to give my kids their lunchboxes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast