Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pathetic clergymen (Walmart boycott)

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: pathetic clergymen (Walmart boycott)

My guess would have to be Woolworth's.....used to be a huge retail company that's pretty much vanished.

In my opinion, I can't stand Walmart and choose not to shop there. The only time I ever go into Walmart is if my friends or family have to go there to buy something, and I MIGHT buy some candy. But other than that one exception, I don't go to Walmart.

Every area that I've seen a Walmart built, the entire area goes completely downhill. Now, I can't actually blame that 100% on Walmart, but it looks like a correlation between the two, and does make some sense.

I live close to a small city (it's more fitting to call it a town), that originally had a small Woolco store when we arrived. The majority of the stores in the town are small stores, some of them chains. The area was pretty nice, and business was evenly distributed. For a small town, it was fairly nice. However, Woolco was bought out by Walmart, which then took its place, and of course, had to upsize the store.

Low and behold, when this started happening, it started getting more business, driving down the sales of other stores in the area. Pretty much they've destroyed any competition in the town, and the only other stores that do brisk business are dollar-store-chains. I can guarantee that the majority of the people now are either on par or below the economic line, and the place has turned into a complete waste of space.

Any new businesses have trouble staying open, because people would rather save a couple bucks at Walmart. Right now, the Walmart is planning on leaving the mall it's currently in, and moving to a new building, which is creating problems for the other stores in the mall, because they know that they will recieve no business if Walmart isn't there. Even WITH Walmart being in the mall, the other stores simply clasp on for sales, and generally they only last maybe a year or two at the most, soon to be replaced by another store which will eventually leave.

The double whammy, is that the Walmart put a McDonald's in the store, McDonald's being another chain that seems to drive down the area that it's in.

I don't think that the people who religiously shop at Walmart are there because they really care about the politics of retail chains, they shop there simply for low prices. Having a poll of "where would Jesus shop" is pretty stupid, because who is really going to take their time thinking about their answer over that? It's an absurd question......The only people who would be able to provide a decent argument would be someone familiar with the Bible and someone who was aware of retail chain politics.......And the people at Walmart are simply their to shop.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    My guess would have to be Woolworth's.....used to be a huge retail company that's pretty much vanished.
    lol yeah, I guessed they have pretty muched vanished, but it is a major grocery store in Aust, there everywhere. Or are we thinking different companies here?

gee... is it just me or does the church want to ban/boycott everything these days?

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Woolworths broke off into little sub-sects, so the stores over in Australia might be subsidiaries of it.

I think 'church' boycotts are only valid if it's coming from the head honcho's....like, if the Vatican sent out a boycott call, or the head Anglican leaders and whatnot.
    The 'church' is split into so many different sects that it's hard to really say 'church' as an all encompassing term.

From what Fayt was saying, this was done by a couple of clergymen, and doesn't sound like a full-church backed boycott. As long as you can raise enough money to fund an add, and airtime, any nutjob can air something.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I think banning Wal Mart is pretty much impossible so long as people care about saving money however pathetic Wal Mart may be. I think there is a document somewhere on Rotten.com that adresses employees about the issue of people throwing phesis on the walls of the bathrooms over and over, just to give you a picture of their lowlyness.

Anyways, as long as people care about saving an extra buck Wal Mart will stand tall, like that bully at school.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking at what is said in the Bible about the way Jesus lived, I don't think He would shop. From what I gather, He was supplied food by people He visited. He never had any money... when the government came looking for taxes, he sent someone to geto fishing and the fish had a few coins in its mouth.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    . I think Wal-Mart shouldn't be boycotted.
    They should all be burned down. The ashes from the collective Wal-Mart burnings should then be collected and placed at ground zero for a nuclear test. The resulting radioactive material would then be collected and cast into the fires of Mount Doom.

As for Jesus shopping at Wal-Mart...Jesus was Jewish. He'd shop wherever he could keep Kosher. Last I knew Wal-Mart sold pork.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie fookongmick may be famous one day fookongmick may be famous one day
    Thanks

But they really have proof for making such acquisitions regarding Walmart? I mean, Walmart really offer low rates for products sold there though.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Students and Scholars Against Corporate Misbehavior

I try not to shop at walmart after learning about it in my geography class a year ago. Though sometimes I end buying little things like storage boxes from them since I don't know where else to buy it.

If they are gonna boycott walmart I don't see why they had to drag Jesus in with it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast