+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: personalitys

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

personalitys

so i was reading, like always, but amazingly this was a college book. one that actually makes you smarter and whatnot but anyway the book was called theories of personality and it went through the ideas of that of; freud, jung, and a few other, and it got me to thinking, what is personality really? it is the essencence that make up us, but what is it exactly that helps mold us? our enviorment?was it already planned in our dna? what is your idea's? and while talking about it who do you recken is closest in there theist of the theripst's?

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: personalitys

Personally, I think there are some parts of our personality that is already there when we were borned and some that develops over time. No one can start out as a blank slate (as in there is absolutely no knowledge, no preferences, absolutely nothing). Because we all have emotions and a nice big ol ego when we're born. Then I think that after a while, you start to learn and be able to change your personality to what you desire. Just my thought.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRoseofHell View Post
    Personally, I think there are some parts of our personality that is already there when we were borned and some that develops over time. No one can start out as a blank slate (as in there is absolutely no knowledge, no preferences, absolutely nothing). Because we all have emotions and a nice big ol ego when we're born. Then I think that after a while, you start to learn and be able to change your personality to what you desire. Just my thought.
    I agree. You are born with your very own distinctive personality. Your genes have nothing to do with it. Maybe later on in life, your parents, friends, surroundings, music and actions will dictate what kind of personality you have. For experience helps us learn and grow. What kind of person you want to be totally depends on what course in life you choose to take. If you hope to be a kind hearted person, start doing good deeds. If you want to be a president, start a war, LOL.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

i think we pick it up when we are just babys and then remold our selves when we are around the age of 12

Do to others as you see fit

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't agree with any of you. You don't have any original personality all your own when you come into the world. You were in the womb for around 9 months by yourself and truly not alive for a long time.

When you grow out of infancy and become a toddler, (infant = newborn - around 2) you start gaining basic reason skills (common sense) and slight understanding of the things around you sort of dawns. When you learn what things are and what happens when you do certain things, that is when you start to gain a personality.

It doesn't make sense to me that a newborn baby could have anything more than basic bodily functionality. In my head personality is the mind. Every lesson you learn in life is stored there, that is where all your words come from and all your thoughts.

Many people say the soul is your personality, but I think that's nonsense. The soul would be more the body, the vessel of life than the personality. Your personality is who you are, can you honestly say that all your thoughts come from the soul? The soul may only be the life force within us that keeps us going when emotion and other intangible circumstances become too heavy.

As far as I go, you learn your personality when you start to understand the world and the things in it. And.. I don't think your genes would have anything to do with your personality, it may effect some preferences or aspects of your outer body but they're only the body's makeup. It's all away from the soul and the mind, and it's a tangible thing.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I thin everything in us and around us make our personalities- our genes that our parents give us firstly, then everything you meet in your life- the way people around you treat you, the way destiny treats you...

I'm sure some things you inherit from your parents but mostly it's how you're grown up... But this is not a matter to argue about because we can't really now... we talked about this in school and we almost had a fight about this, we didn't clear it out in the end anyways...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant really say for sure but i think that personality is wat makes up a persons thoughts and there heart

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Personality is a piece of mold, a different kind of mold...
    Then it's handed to a bunch of people, from different places.

Depending to where the place is, what's happening, and what the people do with it, the chemicals in the mold will react differently.

In the end, the product is a personality of the present.
    Personality is not a sure thing, it is a living being within the present.
    Afterall, personality is YOU.

Whether it's your body's personality, your emotional reaction, or your mental equations... all of these different factors are YOUR personality.

Did you have an original one? Why would it matter if you're different now than you were two seconds ago? Are you unhappy with who you are now? Then do what's best: Change.

You are always yourself no matter what. Even if you pretend to be someone else, you know who you really are... whether ugly or beautiful.
    You can't change by just pretending to change. You only change by learning, choosing, living.

In my definition: The personality, is the "quality" of a "person".
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Jul 07, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast