+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The piggy flu... the major freak out

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

The piggy flu... the major freak out

Lately here at school, on tv and many many other places the topic 'of the moment' is still the piggy flu as my professor calls it.
    To be honest, I am tired of it. I really think that the media has used the fear to get people to freak out and sell more medicine.
    Neumonia kills, asthma kills, bronquitis kills, car accidents kill, and the list keeps going on. And we don't hear that as "OMG NEUMONIA!!!!" There are so many things that can kill our weak and vulnerable body... that I thinka major freak out has been made out of this 'new' illness...
    What about the bird flu? it is not even mentioned anymore... what's next? the worm flu?
    Let us be wise and not let the media use our fear to control our lives.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The piggy flu... the major freak out

I agree the hysteria is overdone but that is the media for you. I will stil eat ham and go to the petting zoo. That's right, I live dangerous.

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Its not that the media is trying to put fear into us in which we will buy more medicine some crazy plot to boost the economy or anything. This is something to watch out for just for the good of others, but its not for one to be a germ freak. People need to wash their hands more anyway to be more sanitary. Also flu season is coming..

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

The only reason why people are freaking out about this is because it’s new, people completely disregard the fact that the regular flu kills more people every year then the swine flu does world wide. I just know that I am NOT going to get the vaccine when it comes out. It’s over hyped, overly exaggerated, over played, and overly ridiculous.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

lebasiara (Oct 06, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's another thing for you to consider, since the Media has wrongly dubbed H1N1 as the "Swine Flu", it has badly hurt the pork industry. This has effected the price of any pork related product, I even see it when I unload the supply truck at work, the price for Bacon has gone up in the last few months.

All this in light that medical experts, the people we really should be listening too have said that it is "Impossible" to contract H1N1 from eating pork products.

Yet the media likes the sexy name "Swine Flu" more then what its really called, because it scares people and makes people watch the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I just know that I am NOT going to get the vaccine when it comes out. It’s over hyped, overly exaggerated, over played, and overly ridiculous.
    I'm just going to say to you that which I have said to the people I work with won't be getting the vaccine: You're an idiot, and if you get sick, stay the hell away from me.

Just because you think that the whole issue is over hyped, the severity of what H1N1 can do to the human body has not been over hyped. They've been pretty forthcoming and accurate when reporting the fact that it can kill you. That and as young male, 22 years of age, and I'm included in this too, being 24 years of age, are at a higher risk of contracting it.

I work in the service industry, and since I come into contact with hundreds of people every day, I will be getting my vaccine, not for myself, but for the protection of everyone I come in contact with.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed, pork doesn't cause swine flu... Though I wouldn't worry anyway because I know exactly where my pork is coming from.*Looks out in pasture* Yep.

I really am not going to die from "swine flu." Regardless of what the docs say. Unless there is a world wide epidemic of the plauge, I shrug it off. I have far more important things to worry about than things I can't control.

I was considering getting the vaccine for the same reason as aceman67. I work in a small, enclosed, office environment... One person has a little head cold, everyone else gets it. (Which is what happened to me actually. I hate being sick) I don't want to catch it, and I don't want to spread it, either. I might not die, but someone else certainly could.

Even pumped full of drugs, you can still catch it. Though it reduces the chances quite a bit.

I got the flu shot last year... And guess what I got? THE FLU!!! Which turned into a horrid case of bronchitis. I missed almost two weeks of friggin' work because I was half dead.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I am well aware of what it can do, that fact is not lost on me one bit, but then again so is the regular flu and what it can do to you and more people die from that then H1N1 and there for do not think of it as necisary to get, plain and simple. Also your remark of calling me an idiot (even though you say you say so to every one else who decided to not get it) is greatly uncalled for you blubbering blow hard.

Also, like Spike rose, I to work in a confined space and if some one gets sick many other people do as well. I don't like being sick nore do I like to infect other people which is why I am very cairfull about it and take messures against it and go see my Dr. to see whats up.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    I got the flu shot last year... And guess what I got? THE FLU!!! Which turned into a horrid case of bronchitis. I missed almost two weeks of friggin' work because I was half dead.
    Next to nothing in medicine is absolute about anything. Just because you got vaccinated for the flu, doesn't mean that you will not catch it. And since you got it anyways, if you hadn't gotten the shot, you would still have gotten sick regardless.

As for you assuming that you won't die if you catch H1N1, tell that to those that have died, which to date (as of today) number at 4,504, 212 of which have been in the last 7 days.

You know what they say about people that assume. You make an ASS out of U and ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Also your remark of calling me an idiot (even though you say you say so to every one else who decided to not get it) is greatly uncalled for you blubbering blow hard.
    Cry me a river, for I don't care. You not getting the vaccine senselessly puts those around you at risk, something that can be prevented. You call me a blowhard, so be it. I call you a fool.

Idiot id⋅i⋅ot –noun
    - an utterly foolish or senseless person.

- Moving to Debate and Discuss, since we seem to be having such a lovely conversation.

- 2,400th post
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 06, 2009 at 11:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast