+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The piggy flu... the major freak out

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The piggy flu... the major freak out

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Cry me a river, for I don't care. You not getting the vaccine senselessly puts those around you at risk, something that can be prevented. You call me a blowhard, so be it. I call you a fool.
    I just love getting people riald up and pointing out their hypocracy in that your suppose to enforce AO rules as a MOD and end up breaking it your self. WAY TO GO CHAMP!!
    But in all honesty I don't give a rats arse about what you think either. You think I am an idiot? Fine by me. I think your an Blowhard? Fine by you. See we are both on the same page.

Back on topic. If people believe they should get the vaccine, good for them, I am not saying its pointless or a money waster, and I know it saves many peoples lives from proventing them from contracting it. Other people like my self, just don't seem to feel that it is needed for us with this vires. If I get H1N1, well thats egg on my face and will make sure to hall my skinny rear to the Dr. ASAP.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    ...I got the flu shot last year... And guess what I got? THE FLU!!! Which turned into a horrid case of bronchitis. I missed almost two weeks of friggin' work because I was half dead.
    Tough luck!!! It was known last fall that the flu vaccine of last year wasn't a good 'match' for the viruses in circulation. But by the time they realized this, it was too late to change the vaccine already in production... This years mix is much closer...

Also keep in mind that the H1N1 Vaccine is not a substitute for the normal yearly 'Flu' shot...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

I hate to disagree with you Scourge, but even though it's over hyped, I will say I'm getting the vaccine. Not because I'm a afraid of death, but shit man, the symptoms of Swine Flu are more severe then normal flu. (vomiting, vomiting, vomiting, and more vomiting.)

And even if it won't kill you, you're just another person infected and that means you can spread it to someone else who might die from it.

So yeah, this isn't the Spanish Flu or Bubonic Plague, but it is still a pandemic and shouldn't be brushed off.

Newbie chaosfire3d is off to a good start chaosfire3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Lately here at school, on tv and many many other places the topic 'of the moment' is still the piggy flu as my professor calls it.
    To be honest, I am tired of it. I really think that the media has used the fear to get people to freak out and sell more medicine.
    Neumonia kills, asthma kills, bronquitis kills, car accidents kill, and the list keeps going on. And we don't hear that as "OMG NEUMONIA!!!!" There are so many things that can kill our weak and vulnerable body... that I thinka major freak out has been made out of this 'new' illness...
    What about the bird flu? it is not even mentioned anymore... what's next? the worm flu?
    Let us be wise and not let the media use our fear to control our lives.
    I totally agree with you on that. the media needs to give it a rest already.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Utena Tenjo View Post
    I hate to disagree with you Scourge, but even though it's over hyped, I will say I'm getting the vaccine. Not because I'm a afraid of death, but shit man, the symptoms of Swine Flu are more severe then normal flu. (vomiting, vomiting, vomiting, and more vomiting.)

And even if it won't kill you, you're just another person infected and that means you can spread it to someone else who might die from it.

So yeah, this isn't the Spanish Flu or Bubonic Plague, but it is still a pandemic and shouldn't be brushed off.
    Dually noted Utena, I would hate to get some one else infected, or hell get my self infected by some one else who didn't get the shot who could have provented it by getting the damn shot them selves... Still, as it stands, I am not getting the shot. I may change my mind, or I may not.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have a shot take it, but I settled for a mist. And remember Flu is a gift that keeps on giving.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

As I said before, first it was the bird flu epidemic which was killing a lot of people... in its time... and what was the shot for it? wanna guess? Tamiflu... about 4 years have pass by after the bird flu... and after the media stopped talking about it... many people suddenly are not dying anymore from it... now the new ill fashion is the H1N1. Which again... it is an epidemic...
    The interesting thing is that in Japan there was a warning about Tamiflu and its psychological side effects on people between 10-20. Warning
    I am actually affraid of taking the shot and I am not going to take it unless extrictly necessary.
    Even though I am pass that age I am not sure how my body is going to react to the shot.
    Thanks God I am fine so far and I hope I don't have to take that medicine once used for the bird flu...
    Maybe tomorrow will work out for the "f.o. Flu" (freak out flu) which is going to kill millions and millions of ppl.

btw... if I am not mistaken for th ebird flu it was said that BILLIONS of ppl would die in the US... which... none of them did...
    As I said it is good to be wise when listening to the media...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast