+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The piggy flu... the major freak out

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: The piggy flu... the major freak out

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post

btw... if I am not mistaken for th ebird flu it was said that BILLIONS of ppl would die in the US... which... none of them did...
    As I said it is good to be wise when listening to the media...
    I thought our population was 300 million?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Utena Tenjo View Post
    I thought our population was 300 million?
    I know... but that was the prediction... ask the ex-president Bush...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, flu is flu in my opinion. One may be worse than the other, or even deadlier but if you can die from normal flu, H1N1 or "swine flu" shouldn't be a scary issue. At least there's a vaccination for it, or the possibility of one (I'm not sure if there is or not, I haven't really cared too much to read up on the swine flu a whole lot). Either way, it's just gettin' pumped up so news networks can increase their ratings.

I haven't had an influenza shot since I lived in Hawaii like, nine years ago. I'm considering getting one this winter, however, I may simply just say "screw it." Everyone I know except for me got sick with H1N1 but me--not too long ago. So, I don't think it is a big deal. Everyone who got it--that I know--got better.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

lebasiara (Oct 07, 2009), Scourge (Oct 07, 2009), Spike'sRose (Oct 08, 2009)

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed, flu is flu.

And of course nothing in medicine is perfect. Which is why I'm still only just considering getting the shot. Like I said in my first post, you can pump yourself full of drugs and still catch it. I was just complaining because that was the first time in a long time I had ever been THAT sick. And I can't really blame anything or anyone so I blamed that stupid flu shot! LOL! (I hate getting shots >.<)

To be honest, I'm more worried about dying on my morning commute to work than from "swine flu." Just this morning I almost got rear ended by a moron that wasn't paying attention. Going 60 mph. Groovy.

I assure you I won't die from piggy flu. If I do, you can say, "I told you so."

Sickness is something that you have zero control over. You can prevent it, sure... Staying healthy and keeping your body strong is the best way to fight getting sick. There are so many strains of the same virus... And it keeps chaning. Which is why they have to keep coming up with new vaccines.

Until the plague starts ravaging the world again, I won't really worry too much about the piggy flu right now.

Just my opinion, though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike'sRose For This Useful Post:

lebasiara (Oct 08, 2009), Scourge (Oct 08, 2009)

Newbie gts16774 may be famous one day gts16774 may be famous one day gts16774's Avatar
    Thanks

H1N1 is harming the hog industry more than it is infecting people. Anyways, I agree with the masses. Flu is flu. Thousands die each year from it, h1n1 or not. I am sure the shot is perfectly safe but I have necer gotten a flu shot and I'm not about to start now. If it's my time it's my time.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gts16774 View Post
    H1N1 is harming the hog industry more than it is infecting people. Anyways, I agree with the masses. Flu is flu. Thousands die each year from it, h1n1 or not. I am sure the shot is perfectly safe but I have necer gotten a flu shot and I'm not about to start now. If it's my time it's my time.
    Now that I think about it... why did they call it the "Swine Flu"? when it had nothing to do with the pigs?
    As severaol of you have posted now the 'pig' market is hurt. even thought they have tried to re-name it people stil think about it as the "swine flu" so if you eat pig you get it. Also playing with the majority of ignorant people. The most powerfull mob you can have is an ignorant mob which wouldn't think for themselves and belive every single word you say blindly.
    Of course within that mob there will be a few 'idiots' like us that will speak up when needed
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes the population is less than a billion so that number is not correct. As for me I will eat pork rinds since I live with no fear.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

lebasiara (Oct 09, 2009), Scourge (Oct 09, 2009)

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

Well, okay, H1N1 is a bit of a scare. But I think someone in B.C. died from it recently and there are at least two known cases on my university campus (which is quite small compared to someplace like UBC). I thought I had it, but it turned out to be a really bad cold. I think it's just important to be aware of it, though, and not stress too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast