+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The piggy flu... the major freak out

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The piggy flu... the major freak out

I just got my flu mist mandated by the militray around flu season, and I asked the corpman, "Will this make me immunie to H1N1?" He said no, hoorah US Military. Doing it that way would have made too much sense.

Newbie wiccachick5 is off to a good start wiccachick5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Japxican View Post
    Well, okay, H1N1 is a bit of a scare. But I think someone in B.C. died from it recently and there are at least two known cases on my university campus (which is quite small compared to someplace like UBC). I thought I had it, but it turned out to be a really bad cold. I think it's just important to be aware of it, though, and not stress too much.
    REALLY BC??? I LIVE IN BC!!!! *runs to get checked* phew, dotn have it, but the H1N1 virus is a really scary thing, becuase of the fact the sysmptons are the same as a cold, that sucks.... i do sometimes wish i could have it, so that i can be immuned to it... but hey thats just me.. but putting jokes aside...
    it is a good topic to post, but do you guys know that the *shots* for swine flu, have the swwine flu in them, hence forth why i will never get the shot
    My love for you was strong, it hurts to carry on, without you by my side, i now have to go hide!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I just got my flu mist mandated by the militray around flu season, and I asked the corpman, "Will this make me immunie to H1N1?" He said no, hoorah US Military. Doing it that way would have made too much sense.
    Technically, this is correct. Acceptance trials of the H1N1 California strain vaccine only showed a 75% effectiveness with a single shot. (Good enough to snuff out pandemics, but not completely effective for the individual) Even in the cases where the vaccine is actually effective, (which starts to take effect at least 10 days after the shot), it still takes the human body a day or two to ramp up against an actual virus attack, and can be initially overwhelmed by a heavy exposure to the virus. There is also the slim chance if encountering a mutated strain on the H1N1 virus, such that the vaccination is not completely effective against it...

There is also the likely possibility that you only received the normal 'seasonal' flue shot, and not the H1N1 vaccine, which is still in short supply with the production behind schedule...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4