+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pinoys...identity crisis for life.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: pinoys...identity crisis for life.

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    nope...can't compare to a pinoy.
    I sincerely wonder if you could actually handle a day in my shoes (working and living in a culture that isn't your own, functioning in a language that isn't your own, in a society where "other races" account for less than .001% of the entire population).

Or perhaps spend a day as a little black girl growing up in an all-white neighborhood?

Maybe as an untouchable in India... born into the lowest class possible thanks to your karma in a past life without hope of yourself or your children ever escaping the societal stigma of being virtual human trash.

Or you could be the little bi-racial boy in the fourth grade at one of my schools who no one will play with, be partners with and is told to "go home to America" at recess. He's a full Japanese citizen who speaks only Japanese.

These are all very real identity crisises... ones that people have no choice but to overcome around the world every day. I don't think any of them are any less for that struggle because they don't share your uber-amazing nationality.

But um... yeah... you're pinoy so you're auto-awesome!

is that what you're going for with this thread?

Racial pride blurs the lines into racism when it becomes exclusionary. You're walking a rather offensive line here ^^;

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, Tsurara has a point...not realy sure what your trying to go for with this. Mixing is what happens when people are allowed to travel freely. (edit)...it happens. its the future of the world.

I myself am Chinese Dutch Indonesian, and that combination was nothing but trouble back in Indonesia...my family basicly had to leave (For our own safty) due to the bigoted "pure blooded" Indo's...they moved mostly to the US and Europe. But that never changed the fact that my mother grew up Indonesian...even if everyone else labeled her a chinese dutch indo...not just an indo...you are treading a thin line there...
    Last edited by Jepray; Feb 01, 2008 at 09:47 AM.
    Don't Panic

Newbie japanheavenguy may be famous one day japanheavenguy may be famous one day japanheavenguy's Avatar
    Thanks

for me, i didn't really know my identity, i just know my parents are Chinese, so that's all...i didn't really care what race i am, i just know i have to live wonderfully everyday, just being as a normal person, or else you might be called "hybrid" by other people....

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I sincerely wonder if you could actually handle a day in my shoes (working and living in a culture that isn't your own, functioning in a language that isn't your own, in a society where "other races" account for less than .001% of the entire population).

Or perhaps spend a day as a little black girl growing up in an all-white neighborhood?

Maybe as an untouchable in India... born into the lowest class possible thanks to your karma in a past life without hope of yourself or your children ever escaping the societal stigma of being virtual human trash.

Or you could be the little bi-racial boy in the fourth grade at one of my schools who no one will play with, be partners with and is told to "go home to America" at recess. He's a full Japanese citizen who speaks only Japanese.

These are all very real identity crisises... ones that people have no choice but to overcome around the world every day. I don't think any of them are any less for that struggle because they don't share your uber-amazing nationality.

But um... yeah... you're pinoy so you're auto-awesome!

is that what you're going for with this thread?

Racial pride blurs the lines into racism when it becomes exclusionary. You're walking a rather offensive line here ^^;
    really awesome?! and racial pride?! nope...you misunderstood. besides to a pinoy, racial pride is impossible to accept. and all those things you've mention up there it also happens here...believe it or not but not openly...yet obvious. to put it simple, there's a discrimination between pinoys and pinoys but not towards foreigners...ironic. reason...mostly is because of identity not race according to a study conducted in here. for example apl.de.ap of the black eyed peas, before he became famous..he was born in the philippines and suffered discrimination because of his identity not because of his race. and even though he first arrived and lived in the us he was still hated by pinoys (fil-ams)...until he became famous that is. another...also in the philippines, there's a major stereotyping amongst state and provinces...again, not because of race but because of identity differences. since like i said earlier...ya have to be a pinoy to understand this. don't believe me? try asking a native pinoy or an immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    its not an Invasion, its just people, no ones putting a gun to your head and making you change you heritage...it happens.
    please read philippine history on the wiki.
    Last edited by rematche; Feb 01, 2008 at 09:50 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, sry being american i keep forgeting that in some places and cases people do put a gun up to your head...So i'll retract that last statement. But isnt all this anaimosity towards each other and others just ignorance...what justifys anyone to judge another based soly on a name others have hung on them???
    Don't Panic

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    ok, sry being american i keep forgeting that in some places and cases people do put a gun up to your head...So i'll retract that last statement. But isnt all this anaimosity towards each other and others just ignorance...what justifys anyone to judge another based soly on a name others have hung on them???
    who knows? this issue has been for more than a hundred years and yet until now there's no solution to it. only if all pinoys will stand united but that's reaaallllyyyyy impossible because of the identity crisis itself. ever wonder why the philipines was never considered an asian country by most asians?
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2