Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirated DVD's Money for terrorism? or a good buy?

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Pirated DVD's Money for terrorism? or a good buy?

So here's the burning question, Do you think that pirated DVD's are a good thing? or do they promote terrorism?

Personally I buy them all the time, I mean come on! You get 8 movies on 1 DVD for $2.50!!! granted sometimes they don't all work but it's $2.50!!

As for the terrorism part, I suppose it depends..Now days anything you pay cash for could possibly be going towards terrorism..Give me your opinions and thoughts

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pirated DVD's Money for terrorism? or a good buy?

Like you said you could be buying something now a days and the money could go for terrorism but if you like what your buying like in your case Pirated DVDs is that going to stop you from buying them? I see it as ok to buy the DVD's. Yes in a way you are ripping off the company but tell me if you can get them that cheap would you really think twice about it. Your mind would not be any where near is this paying for terrorists.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Like you said you could be buying something now a days and the money could go for terrorism but if you like what your buying like in your case Pirated DVDs is that going to stop you from buying them? I see it as ok to buy the DVD's. Yes in a way you are ripping off the company but tell me if you can get them that cheap would you really think twice about it. Your mind would not be any where near is this paying for terrorists.
    I will honestly say that if I knew for a FACT that the DVD's I was buying were being produced by a terrorist hence funding his/her/their efforts that I would stop buying them.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

promote terrorism? not really. promote illegal activity? hell yes. but i dont care, ill buy them if i see them.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

But in the long run, Pirated products of any kind is not a good buy. Besides presenting a inferior product, they also kill the profit margins for the Anime producers. I these companies can no longer make money producing Anime, what do you think will happen for future Anime productions...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

pirated? meeen, even thought it is cheaper it is not a good buy
    advantages are very lil compared with the disadvantages:
    1. Companies will have the risk of a broke because they are not receiving the profit of their inversion
    2. The quality of the DVD is not going to be the same, in fact there is stuff in the DVD that it cannot be burned.... so even u can have the movie or concert or w/e... it might not have what the original offers u.
    3. U have no guarantee of return of ur money if the DVD is not useful or it has some damage.
    I can go on and on.... so.... in short: if u cannot buy a DVD borrow one from a friend or save money for the purpose.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Last I remember, bootleg DVDs were made by regular people like us, who are just trying to make an extra buck. I've purchased most of my bootlegs from some random black dude each time--otherwise, I burn them myself. Unless the people in my neighborhood and at my job are terrorists, I'm not sweatin' it.

It's just some frickin' plastic with a little bit of data on it! Like three dollars is gonna fund Iran's nuclear budget! OMG! Really? >_< Get serious everybody!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Pirated DVD's Money for terrorism? or a good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Last I remember, bootleg DVDs were made by regular people like us, who are just trying to make an extra buck. I've purchased most of my bootlegs from some random black dude each time--otherwise, I burn them myself. Unless the people in my neighborhood and at my job are terrorists, I'm not sweatin' it.

It's just some frickin' plastic with a little bit of data on it! Like three dollars is gonna fund Iran's nuclear budget! OMG! Really? >_< Get serious everybody!
    Well, if 400 ppl buy the DVD for 3 bucks you now have $1200.....
    if 1000 ppl buy it.... $3000.... it might be seen as little.... but $3 bucks for everyone that buys it makes a lot.... I am sure that more than 1000 ppl buy those on the whole US
    I really dunno if it really funds terrorism.... it can but I am not sure.... but it does make a lot of money
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast