Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pirated DVD's Money for terrorism? or a good buy?

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Pirated DVD's Money for terrorism? or a good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I believe the whole thought process behind that was in terms similar to taxes. 75 cents isn't a lot, but if your consumer is well over in the millions category, that amount of cash can seem to be a lot. Even if it seems to be a small amount taken from each invidual sell, there are always ways to turn that bit of cash into even more money. Say you make 3 million, if you have the right connections you could apply that into the stock market and double it. Lots of variables but don't be fooled by visible numbers, try to see the invisible and the possibilities for the future.

If terrorists are to be feared, I don't think intimidating a stockbroker should be that difficult.
    Yes but like i said there is lots of competition going on in the pirated DVD,s buisnes, and if you do sell more then 1000 DVD,s someone will notice.
    Selling pirated DVD,s hapens mostly with people te seller is acuinted to, becose there are alot of people how now how to make pirated DVD,s.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Oh sorry about that, it seems I expected that to be a retorical question. If Pirated DVDs were go that far, I assume Anime Productions will just huff it out. This is my prediction since I don't think companies producing a product overwhelmingly popular would fall to such an extent. Especially since anime is becomming more and more popular, you know replacing the old ninja turtles with Naruto, and shutting out those pesky love all no hate kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gigi2005 View Post
    Ye but way would terrorist,s sell pirated DVD,s for fundings, selling pirated DVD,s isn,t realy a profiteble buisnes there is lot,s of compatition.
    And the DVD,s themself aren,t much worth eather, you get 5 DVD,s for $2,50 that,s 50 cent per DVD and blank DVD cost somthing like 15 cent per DVD.
    The you also have to crack the movie you wan,t sell and burn it onto te DVD, that cost,s time and electricety so lets say that cost,s 10 cent on elektricety.
    That means that from the $2,50 only 75 cent remans, and half of that is supose to go to terrorist fundings then even if you sell alot it won,t be enouf for terrorist fundings.
    But compare this to the Original Costs of producing the pirated content (e.g. paying actors, script writers, special effect companies, marketing and distribution, etc.) the profit margins are several orders of magnitude greater. And if the pirates only sell only a few thousand DVDs, its still all profit, as theres no need to pay back bank loans and investors.

Which brings us back to the original content produces. The growing popularity of Anime does not translate to growing profits for Anime production companies. (After all, if everyone is buying bootleg DVDs and merchandise, where do these companies make money from.) Recent Japanese government statistics show that both the Manga and Anime markets in Japan have been SHRINKING, partly due to changes in the demographics of the market, and partly due to the influence of downloads and pirated media. They also show that only the most popular Anime series are profitable, with the vast majority of anime productions losing money on their investment. The trend for Japanese media companies to buy into American distributors (ADV Films, GENEON USA, Bandai Entertainment) or to directly enter the US markets themselves (Toei Animation of America, Bandia Visual USA, Kadokawa Pictures USA) is an attempt to compensate for the shrinking Japanese market. But recent US Market statistics show that licensed Anime DVD sales growth have leveled off, and sales of the less popular niche market anime series have actually declined. And estimates are that as much as 60% of all anime and anime merchandise sales involve bootleg pirated merchandise. If the US market is already taken by bootlegs and pirated free downloads, its obvious on whats going to happen to the Anime production companies
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hmm.. i dont think pirated movies profits goes to the fund for terrorist..
    I sell this stuff so i know how this thing works... ^^ in malaysia that is...
    if the case in thailand.. china... i don't know.. :/

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

In the context of pirated material over in Iraq, I wouldn't be surprised if some money trickles into terrorist groups....I'm not sure how much extortion there would be in Iraq, but I would assume terrorist groups would definately have a slice, but that could be said for any sort of business venture in Iraq I guess...extortion is extortion....
    I'm not sure some sort of direct deal would be set up though (like the guy literally works for terrorist groups, and recieves a small percentage of his sales)...It's plausible I guess...

But from what I've seen on tv people peddle and sell guns and ammunitions openly in the streets, so you could just go to the market and by an AK or something. If there was one guy I'd be more worried about, it'd be him. I'm guessing that the military has most likely prohibited the open sale of arms in Iraq though? I'm sure you (Fled) could provide some insight into that though....cuz I don't actually know how it works over there now.

I'm not sure if any of you have seen the movie called "Prisoner of the Mountains," but it's a Russian film that takes place in Chechnya...it has a bit of a reference to this type of debate. Corrupt Russian soldiers would sometimes sell their guns for money, booze, etc, which would end up right in the hands of Chechen fighters. (This stuff actually happened, but the film brings it up as well).

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

And estimates are that as much as 60% of all anime and anime merchandise sales involve bootleg pirated merchandise. If the US market is already taken by bootlegs and pirated free downloads, its obvious on whats going to happen to the Anime production companies
    60%!! Thats alot more then i exspected, i thought it would be somwhere arount 20%.
    Is pirating DVD,s really that popular, then its really a siruis probleme.
    But i have to say,though i don't have any pirated DVD,s i olmost watched all my Anime on Youtube.
    Maybe i should buy an Anime, i whas thinking of buying the hole colection of Basilisk.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    In the context of pirated material over in Iraq, I wouldn't be surprised if some money trickles into terrorist groups....I'm not sure how much extortion there would be in Iraq, but I would assume terrorist groups would definately have a slice, but that could be said for any sort of business venture in Iraq I guess...extortion is extortion....
    I'm not sure some sort of direct deal would be set up though (like the guy literally works for terrorist groups, and recieves a small percentage of his sales)...It's plausible I guess...

But from what I've seen on tv people peddle and sell guns and ammunitions openly in the streets, so you could just go to the market and by an AK or something. If there was one guy I'd be more worried about, it'd be him. I'm guessing that the military has most likely prohibited the open sale of arms in Iraq though? I'm sure you (Fled) could provide some insight into that though....cuz I don't actually know how it works over there now.

I'm not sure if any of you have seen the movie called "Prisoner of the Mountains," but it's a Russian film that takes place in Chechnya...it has a bit of a reference to this type of debate. Corrupt Russian soldiers would sometimes sell their guns for money, booze, etc, which would end up right in the hands of Chechen fighters. (This stuff actually happened, but the film brings it up as well).
    Yeah, open arms dealing is illegal, but it still goes on however because the people who do not want to join the IP (Iraqi Police) or the IA (Iraqi Army) still want to be able to protect themselves. That said the other part of the people who want to do soldiers harm can buy from these same guys and thats why it's illegal. We try our best to shut these people down and reassure the local population that their own forces are there to protect them, but as you can see from any news station it doesn't always work out for the better..Think about this though, with as much money as this guy is making selling guns wether he has to give a % to his "boss" does he really need to sell DVD's? I would seriously doubt that the two are connected except in a few rare cases.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

terrorism?!
    that's stupid!
    from where i am pirated dvds doesn't support terrorism...jesus! i even know them most of them are muslims and chinese which by the i usually by one myself. sometimes the gov. raids them and after a couple of hours it's back to business...it's like cycle in here. but terrorism?! c'mon!
    Last edited by rematche; Apr 16, 2007 at 04:30 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Money for terrorism? Not a chance. A good buy? Not at all.

All of these are easily obtained with a high speed internet connection and a little patience. You'd be better of downloading them(And if you want buying them when available) then paying for something when you don't know what you're buying and what quality it is.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast