+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pluto not a planet anymore

Newbie Elegarzard may be famous one day Elegarzard may be famous one day Elegarzard's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Plan boosts solar system to 12 planets

yeah but looking at the new defention of a planet (wich is very unclear) you can make a large amount of things a planet

I mean come on were the people who think jupiter is a planet when you can't even land on it

Newbie quikster11 may be famous one day quikster11 may be famous one day quikster11's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see the point of having more planet. I say if i goes around the sun in a circles, that a planet, if not, then it's not important to me and anyway Pluto is not even close to the sun and planets after that is too far to the sun to receive any light or anything

Newbie Elegarzard may be famous one day Elegarzard may be famous one day Elegarzard's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah the problem is there are 100s of comets and astroiods that go round the sun and pluto does recive light from the sun

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Well scientists officially took Pluto off the list as being a planet today. So we're now down to 8 planets for the moment.

They had some big conference....and decided Pluto is no longer a planet.

"PRAGUE (Reuters) - Scientists from around the world on Thursday approved a new definition of a planet, downgrading Pluto's status to leave just eight classical planets.

After a heated debate, 2,500 scientists and astronomers voted at the International Astronomers Union General Assembly that Pluto, which has been called a planet since being discovered in 1930, would be put into a category of planets called "dwarf planets."

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

And to add on to Chubz post.

Much-maligned Pluto — named for the god of the underworld — doesn’t make the grade under the new rules for a planet: “a celestial body that is in orbit around the sun, has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a .x .x . nearly round shape, and has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.”

Pluto is automatically disqualified because its oblong orbit overlaps with Neptune’s.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i was just watching the news the demoted pluto saying it was to small
    becuase if they conciderd it a planet they would have to call every small body
    in our system a planet wich makes no since. i agree with him on that
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku powerxxx may be famous one day powerxxx may be famous one day powerxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Pluto not a planet anymore

some of you might of heard this, that pluto has been kicked out of the solar system
    and became a dwarf planet instead of planet [ it contains many of the characteristics of a planet]
    i read this on msn and several over sites, what do you guys think about this
    and the topic
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14489259/
    Power -xxx- aka -M.Ali
    I Fly Swiftly through the air
    I Spread My Wings Without A trace

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pluto not a planet anymore

yes i heard this to but umm the FINAL decision hasnt been decided. 30 out of 745 scientist cam to vote on weather pluto should be a planet and the FINA DECISION is not yet to be cocluded. but pluto as of now is a dwarf but still ha it's tittle as a planet.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast