+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pluto not a planet anymore

Newbie Xorr may be famous one day Xorr may be famous one day Xorr's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pluto not a planet anymore

actually the only real planet in jupiter, the rest are only satilites.

Newbie xAngevil Envyx may be famous one day xAngevil Envyx may be famous one day xAngevil Envyx's Avatar
    Thanks

They must already remove Pluto to the main planets 'cause it's now just called 'the Dwarf Planet'...At first it's confusing but as time goes by it will become common to us...

'Touka Koukan'
    hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
    nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
    sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
    sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

We already know that the universe is vast and endless, but adding celestial bodys just because they fit the principles of being round, does not qualify it as a planet in my personal perspective. I mean if that that's the case then any round object can be named a planet! Great question!

BlueFox1

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a definition of a planet large celestial bodies in the solar system that revolve around the sun and shine by reflected light. i got it off any online dictionary. i think pluto thinks that it bigger than an asteriod and revovles around the sun, and pluto has bin a planet since the early 1900's and no one complained. and what the hell did pluto ever do to them

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard that too. We were talking about it in Science class and It really got confusing at first then I got used to getting 8 planets.

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

A planets a planet no matter how big it is. They came up with 3 rules of what a planet is.

It must orbit a sun.

It must be big enough that it is round.

It must be big enough that it's gravity has cleared the space around it with no other objects around.

First, there are a lot of planets, literally hundreds, that have no sun around them.

Second, pluto is round and it does orbit the sun, but it hasn't cleared it's area.

Third, the earth is round, orbits the sun, but it also hasn't cleared it's area, because of the moon it will never be able to clear the area.

Jupiter also fails the 3rd rule.

There is a reason that they changed Pluto from a planet, and that's because they found the other planets behind pluto, and because of political reasons they weren't allowed to call these planets, planets, so they changed Pluto to a non-planet.

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

I refuse to learn new planets! I had trouble enough putting those in order, I don't need them to be adding that soda can floating around as a planet or whatever. Leave Pluto alone, it worked well that way, it was little and blue and stuff. They need to leave it be a planet. Geez, what's the deal? Just because it's all the way out there and icy and stuff they have to say "No, that blob of ice isn't a planet. Take it off the list that's been around forever" Honestly you silly scientists, can't you leave things be?
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sincere View Post
    I refuse to learn new planets! I had trouble enough putting those in order, I don't need them to be adding that soda can floating around as a planet or whatever. Leave Pluto alone, it worked well that way, it was little and blue and stuff. They need to leave it be a planet. Geez, what's the deal? Just because it's all the way out there and icy and stuff they have to say "No, that blob of ice isn't a planet. Take it off the list that's been around forever" Honestly you silly scientists, can't you leave things be?
    Ignore my best friend she has just gone insane today. lol j/k I think that the scientist need to get there facts straight, and figure out which planets are really planets.... Pluto has been considered a planet for a long time. I think it will take a while for us to except it as not being a real planet.
    Last edited by White_Mage88; Sep 13, 2006 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Because of Typos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast