Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Point Of Violence

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Point Of Violence

This has been in my mind for quite some time now, what is the point of violence? People go around hitting each other for no reason... Well maybe there is a reason but it dosen't need to resort to fighting me personaly hate it and only enjoy it when people are messing around not real i just wanted peoples thoughts...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Point Of Violence

Unfortunately, u can' generalize violence. I despise violence myself, but people have different opinions 'bout and reasons for performin' violence. Some reasons r justified, most aren'. It's jus' one of those things that depends upon the perspective of the individual.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Violence is not the answer!

Well, most times.

There are times when you find people who are NEVER willing to listen to you and go into a form of denial, believing they are always correct. At least, on the topic at hand.
    There are times when you find people who are NEVER willing to change their ways and constantly disturb and harrass the general public for what THEY believe is right.

As much as it only RIDS of the problem at hand, Violence answers these.

However, MOST times, violence is never needed. However, most people wish it would resort to violence so that they can solve it quickly and easily without risking the idea that you're ultimately wrong.

- - - -
    Because think of it this way: What if you were a wise man... or... er... woman... or dog...?
    And everything you knew was right, and everything you said was right. And everyone around you believed you for everything you said. But one day, a person with huge testosterone tries to defy you. At first, it's easy to dodge and defeat his questions and answers. But as you keep going, you realize he's learning more and more from you, trying to find out what makes you wrong... you keep going until he finally hits it... YOU'RE WRONG! You are able to buffer that idea with how you reason your way out. But you know this won't hold you for long, and all these people who once admired you, will begin to believe that you and everything you said was one big phony of an idea- JUST because you were wrong about one thing.
    Sadly, that is the truth, they WILL do that.

So in this case, you wish violence would be a way to solve the answer. Afterall, if you can somehow distract the general media from the politics and move straight onto war, you have definitely won on your point no matter what. Afterall, with the man defeated, he's nothing more than just a dying dog giving his last barks and growls. A mad man.

- - - -

Now, I'm not saying that those who declare war are "wise men"... however, I am saying that on some of their minds, their mentality assumes them to believe THEY ARE in a way "wise".

That's one of the hundreds of reason why people REALLY use violence for.

A barbaric way of showing who's right by making sure the one who's challenging you will never even THINK of trying it again.

It works, but it's not always the best way to solve things.

Violence is usually stemmed from short-tempered "perfectionists" who most-of-the-time believe it's stupid for people to think they're wrong. They never listen to the people's reasons or even look upon their actions in another view, they just want to believe they're correct. (by the way, perfectionist has nothing to do with being prissy or having a neat and orderly house... it can even be a jock who's captain of the football team)

But again... for those who NEVER listen... for those who NEVER want to listen...
    Violence is to either make sure they'll WANT to listen, or make sure they're never heard of again. (Afterall, most people need a leader... and if this fool becomes a leader, who knows what will happen)

... though, we can all tell that this does have amazing backfires.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Violence is not the answer!

Well, most times.

There are times when you find people who are NEVER willing to listen to you and go into a form of denial, believing they are always correct. At least, on the topic at hand.
    There are times when you find people who are NEVER willing to change their ways and constantly disturb and harrass the general public for what THEY believe is right.

As much as it only RIDS of the problem at hand, Violence answers these.

However, MOST times, violence is never needed. However, most people wish it would resort to violence so that they can solve it quickly and easily without risking the idea that you're ultimately wrong.

- - - -
    Because think of it this way: What if you were a wise man... or... er... woman... or dog...?
    And everything you knew was right, and everything you said was right. And everyone around you believed you for everything you said. But one day, a person with huge testosterone tries to defy you. At first, it's easy to dodge and defeat his questions and answers. But as you keep going, you realize he's learning more and more from you, trying to find out what makes you wrong... you keep going until he finally hits it... YOU'RE WRONG! You are able to buffer that idea with how you reason your way out. But you know this won't hold you for long, and all these people who once admired you, will begin to believe that you and everything you said was one big phony of an idea- JUST because you were wrong about one thing.
    Sadly, that is the truth, they WILL do that.

So in this case, you wish violence would be a way to solve the answer. Afterall, if you can somehow distract the general media from the politics and move straight onto war, you have definitely won on your point no matter what. Afterall, with the man defeated, he's nothing more than just a dying dog giving his last barks and growls. A mad man.

- - - -

Now, I'm not saying that those who declare war are "wise men"... however, I am saying that on some of their minds, their mentality assumes them to believe THEY ARE in a way "wise".

That's one of the hundreds of reason why people REALLY use violence for.

A barbaric way of showing who's right by making sure the one who's challenging you will never even THINK of trying it again.

It works, but it's not always the best way to solve things.

Violence is usually stemmed from short-tempered "perfectionists" who most-of-the-time believe it's stupid for people to think they're wrong. They never listen to the people's reasons or even look upon their actions in another view, they just want to believe they're correct. (by the way, perfectionist has nothing to do with being prissy or having a neat and orderly house... it can even be a jock who's captain of the football team)

But again... for those who NEVER listen... for those who NEVER want to listen...
    Violence is to either make sure they'll WANT to listen, or make sure they're never heard of again. (Afterall, most people need a leader... and if this fool becomes a leader, who knows what will happen)

... though, we can all tell that this does have amazing backfires.
    Well...someone's been doing their homework.

Nice phychoanalysis, because that is how every war in history was started, other than in more ancient times where it was mostly for land.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    This has been in my mind for quite some time now, what is the point of violence? People go around hitting each other for no reason... Well maybe there is a reason but it dosen't need to resort to fighting me personaly hate it and only enjoy it when people are messing around not real i just wanted peoples thoughts...
    Violence has no point that's why its violent its done out in a thoughtless rage most of the time its cause the person is drunk

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1 View Post
    Violence has no point that's why its violent its done out in a thoughtless rage most of the time its cause the person is drunk
    Lemme correct myself.

Wars get started for THREE reasons. LOL

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Violence does have a point, sometimes you do have to use the old saying, "Fight fire with fire." The only time Violence won't exist is when nothing exist.

I agree that violence shouldn't be the path taken, but somethings can never come to an end there will be no resolution without striking your enemy. It should be a last resort, and never used over something petty like an arguement or accident (spilling a drink on someone or stepping on someone shoe by accident, I've seen fight about both).

I've only been in one fight in my life that was in the first grade, and that was only because I didn't know any better. I've never had to make a fist since then its alot easier to let the water roll off your back.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that violence is there to protect your interests...

be them noble, or greedy, i think violence is something that is basic to human nature and cannot be avoided for extended periods of time.

do i partake in the violence cake? um... i hit Soshi when he won't shut up and he's being mean... i suppose that's the biggest of the chunks i take...

^_^

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast