Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Point Of Violence

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Point Of Violence

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Y'see, it's opinions like that which put our society in the crap-hole it's in now.

There's never a valid reason for violence, war does nothing but waste money and piss off other countries--and does NOT keep people safe, and people who no nothing but negativity and violence don't really get to live as humans, but more like an animal.

Violence is only nescessary when you have to defend yourself, and even then you should only use violence to a certain extent. You need anger management and tons of discipline... >_< Maybe even an anti depressant or two?
    You seem to be missing Rock On's point. To the person who commited the act there is a valid point. Ofcourse rather it is right or wrong is up for debate but there is definitively a reason for the violence behind the actions of each person.

If I'm wrong please correct me Rock On.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

atomik, since when hasn't society thought everything is going wrong in the world? You ever sit around with a bunch of even middle aged adults, talk with them a bit and then they just shake their head at you and say, "man, that's nothing like the good ole' days." I bet you a thousand dollars their fathers and grandfathers said the same damn thing when they were young.

To completely supress your primal instincts (and whether you like or not, you're an animal too, comparing someone to something we all are is pointless) you in reality destroy the very thing that makes you human, nay, a living being. People are so full of themselves and yet they sit in wonder at how animals are able to detect natural events that are seemingly impossible to predict. People have to accept the bad with the good and realize there are some things in nature you can't stop. Violence is one of them.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Violence. Never saw much point in violence. It usually ends up bad for you in the end and just makes your life harder.

But I also understand that violence will never end. Because if there was no violence there would be no such thing as peace. So violence even though most people don't want it is a necessary thing.

Sometimes it may be necessary to use to protect your loved ones. Like for instance, what if someone breaks into your home and tries to hurt or kidnap a family member. Are you going to sit back and try to avoid a violence? I hope you don't.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

hows that violence is a part of self defence some about to rape and say no we can talk it out. bullpoo that wont work if some detremind on rapping you or robbing you you not gonna be ablt to talk it out. a blade, gun, or plan bare fist will normally work. some one broke into your car and see you do there not gonna want to talk about why they broke into your car there gonna run off.after you beat them down there gonna know not to break into your car. violence will always be here not matter how many people say u can live in harmony with one another

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish that we could live in peace, but thats never gonna happen.

Even by some bizzare miracle that all of the world's countries are at peace with each other forever, theres always gonna be people who commit violent crimes.

Why, because it is human nature for people to use any means necessary to get what they want.

Although most of us suppress that nature, not everyone will.

It's just who we are, unfortunately.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

to me violence is funny sometimes like after somebody got beat you walk over to them still on the ground and say one funniest senteces you got knocked the f*ck out or if someones bleeding badly you ask them if your ok. thats makes me laugh violence is a part of life and can be rid from this earth you cant stop animals from fighting and thats violence and if u try u could desrupt the food chain

Newbie Truth may be famous one day Truth may be famous one day Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Violence is only necessary when defending yourself from un-necessary violence. I'm not a violent person, but I like to fight--if that makes sense. Like the old saying goes, "Don't start no s***, won't be no s***!" Now, I don't go around looking for people who have grudges against me, or people I know are gonna want to fight. But, if you start somethin', I can guarantee there will be somethin'. ^_^

But I digress from my point. Violence is entertaining on television and in the media, yes that is true. But when it comes down to the well being of another human being, there's nothing entertaining about it. Pro wrestling, UFC, hell--even footbal is entertaining! But random ass-whoopins? Naw, it's not in me to find that entertaining.
    lol I didn't mean that I go around starting fights! lol I enjoy violence, but I don't like to hurt people! I really don't like to see people get hurt either. But, sadly, most of the time violence and people getting hurt go hand in hand. Can't get the good without the bad i suppose. And truthfully, I agree with almost everything you said...however...there are reasons other then self defense that make violence necessary. People use violence to get there point across. Countries use violence to get there point across. Take south africa for example. You've heard of blood diamonds right? Well in Sierra Leone they chop off the hands of those who don't work OR can't work(Its horrible) in the diamond mines to show the rest of the workers what happens to those who don't bring them diamonds. Same Idea...bigger scale.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    lol I didn't mean that I go around starting fights! lol I enjoy violence, but I don't like to hurt people! I really don't like to see people get hurt either. But, sadly, most of the time violence and people getting hurt go hand in hand. Can't get the good without the bad i suppose. And truthfully, I agree with almost everything you said...however...there are reasons other then self defense that make violence necessary. People use violence to get there point across. Countries use violence to get there point across. Take south africa for example. You've heard of blood diamonds right? Well in Sierra Leone they chop off the hands of those who don't work OR can't work(Its horrible) in the diamond mines to show the rest of the workers what happens to those who don't bring them diamonds. Same Idea...bigger scale.
    Using blood diamonds is a horrible example! It's still un-neccesary violence!! There's no way in hell that violence should be used to get one's point across. What? People can't talk s*** out tactfully?? If you use violence to get your point across, and you're grown; you're a big BABY that needs to work on your temper tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    atomik, since when hasn't society thought everything is going wrong in the world? You ever sit around with a bunch of even middle aged adults, talk with them a bit and then they just shake their head at you and say, "man, that's nothing like the good ole' days." I bet you a thousand dollars their fathers and grandfathers said the same damn thing when they were young.

To completely supress your primal instincts (and whether you like or not, you're an animal too, comparing someone to something we all are is pointless) you in reality destroy the very thing that makes you human, nay, a living being. People are so full of themselves and yet they sit in wonder at how animals are able to detect natural events that are seemingly impossible to predict. People have to accept the bad with the good and realize there are some things in nature you can't stop. Violence is one of them.
    Yes, but humans have something that separates us from the rest of the animals... It's called logic/common sense--whatever you wanna call it. I could care less about natural events and I can accept the bad with the good--that's not a problem. Accepting one's flaws is the first step to loving one's self. But that's not my point. My point is violence is un-neccesary. When has there EVER been a good reason for violence?? Don't even say war!! Because there's no point for that either! "What is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING!" Old people had it right with that song. I know you can't stop violence, it's been a part of the human psyche forever. But I can still strive to be a non-violent person and preach the message of non-violence to others, in hopes of making the world a better place.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast