+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: politicians,what makes a good one??

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: politicians,what makes a good one??

im not turning nothing on you i was just asking. what where YOU doing. thats all.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Jackleonfraust may be famous one day Jackleonfraust may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: politicians,what makes a good one??

i'd say, a good lawer as a spin docctor.

not neccisarily makes a good politician, but a sucessfull one.

also being born into it helps for the public grooming and financial connections.

a series of connections in large buisness backers helps.

belonging to certain groups can enshure success.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927 View Post
    so a good politician needs to be close to the ppl, close to his community, involved, honest(HAHAHAH never gonna happen).... basically live the problems next to the ppl that elected him.... so good politician... I see it hard... Im sorry for those good politicians in the sea on corrup ones... cuz im generalising...
    I agree with you 100%. Good politicians need to now what it is like to live amongst us, to have suffered like we do, go to crappy work everyday just to put food on the table. Those politicians now what it is like to be us and therefore would not only appeal more to the people, but will be able to solve problems faced within communities.

and just a wee bit off topic..

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    help africa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk View Post
    Yeah i can see u know nothing of zimbabwe and the Ruler Mugabe ..
    i tell u how to fix that starving and sick ridden country of zimbabwe get rid of the Leader Mugabe and then u can start cleaning up the mess he left behind... Do yourself a favor and read about mugabe and what he has done to his poor country ...
    Sorry princess lady but what spymonk said is kinda true.
    First of all good on you for what your doing, I hope you make it,
    But if you want to help a country like that you really need to look at their leaders like spymonks said. you could give them all the money in the world, but the leaders would use it on whatever they wanted. I guess they need to change their policital system to one that more democratic ( coming from some one who doesn't know much about politics but the basics)

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    We don't need a good politician, we need a good statesman. And yes, there is a difference.

A good statesman will balance what is good for his constituency with what is good for his country. Sometimes a statesman MUST vote his consciouses on an issue even if his constituency doesn't feel that way. If he has access to information that the general public does not then he must act on it to the best of his judgment, despite the political price at home. He owes to himself, his country, and those who he represents. A good statesmen will not 'bring home the bacon' so he can be re-elected. But he will bring home what his state actually needs and he will fight hard for it. A good statesman will keep his election promises no matter what the political cost unless the cost is to high of a price for the COUNTRY to pay.

If you really want a career in politics but don't want to be like those in power now, aim to be a statesman and not a politician. Aim to be a public servant, not a public master. Aim to do what is best for your country and constituency no matter what the personal cost might be. If you can do that, you'll truly be a credit to your country and truly be different then most of those in power right now.

Newbie kiara may be famous one day kiara may be famous one day kiara's Avatar
    NY USA hanging out with the teen titans lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord High General View Post
    Hello
    Future president of the US of A here in about thirty years, I've been going over the current politicians available and I’ve gotta say I don't like the idea of me being similar to any of 'em so does anyone here know what the ideal politicians about, cuz I’m stumped.
    HAHA A good one? Is that even possible O.O The best politician will ever have in the US happens to be in Texas his name is kinky freedman and he's the only one thats semi decent. He'll be the closest you'll find to good ^_~

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Simply put...Death...yep the only good politician is a dead one, cause frankly none of them do what is right or good for this country...they just do what keeps them in office & what fills their pockets.
    The Chief might be right on this one..... due to the current situation of the world, it can be very difficult to act on the best interest of the people while avoiding harm for yourself. It certainly is much easier to give to yourself rather than sacrifice for people that might not even recognise your efforts.

However, a good politician to me would be someone who is able to listen to the people, and is able to put them and their country in front of his own wellbeing. Of course, that would be rather selfish on my part..... but the way I see it, a politician's job is to look after the country and its people, not for himself.
    Kastelic's creation

Newbie altera may be famous one day altera may be famous one day altera's Avatar
    Thanks
    what makes someone a good politician..well,he should stop being one
    'Cause I'm a voodoo child
    Lord knows I'm a voodoo child...

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    a good politician is a dead one . and the ONLY good politician is a dead one

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast