+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: politicians,what makes a good one??

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks
    I know I dont speak for everyone but I think a good politician should focus on education, the environment, international relations (in a peaceful manner), and lower taxes for the people who deserve it. I live in Utah and I hate paying a crapload of taxes for all the big families and their millions of kids. I make less than 30,000 a year and finally recieved a bonus from my job. But what did they do?, they took like 700 dollars out for taxes. that was almost half of my bonus. Stupid pricks. I dont have kids cuz I believe in birth control. I shouldnt have to help other people pay for their kids. If you cant afford them dont have them! I feel better. This is a good thread topic.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    a good politician is a dead one . and the ONLY good politician is a dead one
    This is such a sad statement.

If your politicians really are that bad....why are you voting them into office? Why not either find a candidate you can back or become a candidate yourself? This is what this country was founded for, the freedom to create your own destiny. if you don't like what's happening, shut up and get off your duff and do something about it. If all you can do is complain then your not really helping the situation. Don't get me wrong, it's your right to complain. And from the complaints in the past have come some great political movements. But that's my point. Don't sit there and complain about how horrible politicians are, do something about it!

That's the one thing I've never figured out about the American people. Lots of complaining about politics but no one stands up and does anything. I also don't understand about going out and voting for a party you don't believe in because someone from the party you do believe in does something you don't like. If you have a problem with your current parties candidate, then work to defeat him in the primaries where inter party differences are supposed to be solved.

I just find it really sad that honest opinions are that we should just kill or elected leaders. To me, it just shows a ignorance of how this great country works. If you don't like it then you do have the power of changing it.

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks
    I agree with Barronmore. I think this country would be a completely better place if older people would do some research about who they are voting for rather than just picking their party. And if more young people would vote, we wouldnt get screwed over so much.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks
    politicians are like diapers they should be changed regularly and for the same reason

politicians in this day and age are only concerned about how big their wallets can get they arent concerened with the peoples problems nor do they car as displayed with the aftermath of hurricane katrina as people died in new orleans bush was out fishing people starve everyday as politicians set theirselves up to become richer in my opinion it should be considered a public service and they should get paid minimum wage

oh and by the way barronmore this is not a free country if you havent been watching CNN we have no opinion and no ability to change our country since the patriot act was enabled so there will be no more political movements anything can be considered an act of terrorism I say welcome back to the sad days of McCarthyism

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa View Post
    oh and by the way barronmore this is not a free country if you havent been watching CNN we have no opinion and no ability to change our country since the patriot act was enabled so there will be no more political movements anything can be considered an act of terrorism I say welcome back to the sad days of McCarthyism
    While I agree with your first statement about changing politicians, I'll disagree with your second.

your own complaint disproves your point. If Bush was really cracking down on civil liberties and dicenters, then why are you still free to post this? Why is Hillary Clinton still on TV every day screaming about how horrible GW Bush is? Why is Michael Moore creating and distributing another movie? The patriot act has never been found to be violated to the bet of my knowledge. If you can prove otherwise, please provide a link.

I would suggest you watch something other then CNN (who, by the way, still have the freedom of speech to say outlandish things against GW Bush as well).

Um..GW Bush does not decide what a terrorist act is...Congress is the one who has outlined that. if you have a problem with that act (or the Patriot Act for that matter), take it up with your state representatives and Senators...it is why they are there.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks
    That must to be a joke!!! Lord High General u kiddin right??

Newbie ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that a good politician MUST FIRST RESPECT THEIR PROMISES!!! Except for that, they should know how to deal with their budget and try to please the population as much as possible... which is almost impossible
    Born to live, living to die..

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    This is such a sad statement.

If your politicians really are that bad....why are you voting them into office? Why not either find a candidate you can back or become a candidate yourself? This is what this country was founded for, the freedom to create your own destiny. if you don't like what's happening, shut up and get off your duff and do something about it. If all you can do is complain then your not really helping the situation. Don't get me wrong, it's your right to complain. And from the complaints in the past have come some great political movements. But that's my point. Don't sit there and complain about how horrible politicians are, do something about it!

That's the one thing I've never figured out about the American people. Lots of complaining about politics but no one stands up and does anything. I also don't understand about going out and voting for a party you don't believe in because someone from the party you do believe in does something you don't like. If you have a problem with your current parties candidate, then work to defeat him in the primaries where inter party differences are supposed to be solved.

I just find it really sad that honest opinions are that we should just kill or elected leaders. To me, it just shows a ignorance of how this great country works. If you don't like it then you do have the power of changing it.
    A. i was kinda jokin
    B. i'm not 18
    C. i don't have the patience to run for office.
    D. OUR states reps accually DO deserve to die

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast