+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Polygamy

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Polygamy

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
    If you think thats okay your either Mormons or white trash really.
    Since both Aceman and I are "Mormons" and have already said otherwise. Any "Mormon" that gets married to more then one woman will be excommunicated instantly.
    So those friends of yours that grew up in a Polygamy family, the parents were excommunicated? I thought it was abolished, I'm confused.

I think Polygamy is wrong. Marriage Is a sacred union between two people, showing their devotion to each other thru this union. Also its hard enough pleasing one woman yet alone more that one. If you want more that one woman just dont get married, and have as many gf as you want if their up for it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

It is abolished. Those that practice it are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Period. No Exceptions. Its been over 180 years since it was practiced in our church.

When it was practiced, it was out of necessity. 1000's of women and children were left with out male care givers. Men who had the means (Financially) to provide for more then one wife (and in most cases, this included the wife's children), were allowed. Once the church population stabilized (meaning the ratio of men to women), then there was no more need for it, and thus, it was abolished.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hmm opposals is all i see~

If we look is over religious aspects... well yes it's true even Muhammad himself don't encourage polygamy... this is taken from the quran >> ( "Marry one, two, three or four, and if you can't,... marry just one, a woman of your choice" )

I don't think that polygamy is a necessary thing, but lets try and look over our society nowadays...

Prostitution :
    - Hmmm most of us think that this happens because "they" need money, that this job is easy (just doing something everyone could ) and it pays high. All they need is looks and attraction... one night's pay for a high class prostitute can let them live grand here in malaysia for a week... They serve high status clients as you see... The ones with big cash plus... prostitution is not legal here ^^

I think it will increase in the future time,... since lots of woman won't even get a chance to marry someone... statistic shows that (man)1:14(woman) which shows number of woman is amazingly high.... (it is also one of the signs of judgement day to us muslims ) i can even see "free prostitute" in malaysia or which you call as sluts... they will go out at night and look for random guys to have sex with.... *shivers* I don't think its a good thing...

Do you think that polygamy could help lower this problem? It just started here in malaysia... 2 years ago i think... now increasing like mad... like a trend... @.@ I am just concerened about the Eastern values we been practising since a long time ago.. slowly fading....

To me.. Polygamy is not nice actually.. its unfair to woman who don't like to "share" *looks at lebby* ehehe... Possesive girls I mean... how can a guy be at two places at the same time and fullfill the needs of his wives and many other things. Not just that... they guy who did polygamy will have to carry a double burden of responsibilities in many aspects... :/ but i think polygamy could be nice i mean... some guy just have a high need of sex...that one girl wont be able to suffice.. @.@ then again... if a guy does polygamy... many things can happen... for example.. the women might start cheating on the guy... if he is not treating her fairly of coarse...

Ahh... blabbering me @.@

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku arekandera is off to a good start arekandera's Avatar
    Thanks

Well...no one can say for sure if poligamy is right or wrong because that depends on the persons who are involved.But I wouldn't say it's a good thing(I'm not saying this just because of my religion)because how others have said before me it's hard for a man to take care of more than one wife (all the responsibilities...) and then again if the men can do it,his wifes might not like to share him(that's happens when you got possesive wifes ).

-what would you feel if you are involved in a poligamy?

I would never get involved in a poligamy because i'm to possesive sometimes so if I would be involved I would start a fight every day

-Is there poligamy in gay relationship?

I don't think so...

-Do you believe that all the ones in the relationship can cooperate?

Maybe they could if they have enough patience. ^^

"If you need something to worship, then worship life - all life, every last crawling bit of it! We're all in this beauty together!" - Frank Herbert

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post

To me.. Polygamy is not nice actually.. its unfair to woman who don't like to "share" *looks at lebby* ehehe... Possesive girls I mean... how can a guy be at two places at the same time and fullfill the needs of his wives and many other things. Not just that... they guy who did polygamy will have to carry a double burden of responsibilities in many aspects... :/ but i think polygamy could be nice i mean... some guy just have a high need of sex...that one girl wont be able to suffice.. @.@ then again... if a guy does polygamy... many things can happen... for example.. the women might start cheating on the guy... if he is not treating her fairly of coarse...

Ahh... blabbering me @.@

lol... well yes I am very possesive but not obsessive....
    and there is no way a man can please more than one woman. As I say men have a hard time understanding a single woman... now if you add more they are going to drive nuts. I mean, all women are different and unique, we are so different and we have each different conflicts... I don't know it is a woman thing. *sight*
    Plus... I think as well in the kids...
    if brothers and sisters have some rivailities as it is with a mom and a dad... I cannot imagine the conflict going on in a family where "that kid is the son of my dad but not my mom... and I don't want him as my brother... it is taking my dad's attention...."
    For me it is just a big no no... I still think I am waaaaaaaaay toooo selfish... I cannot imagine another woman having a night with my husband (if I ever get marry).... they both would be dead the next morning... -by a weird accident where I would have "nothing" to do with *evil grin*-
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Polygamy? I don't oppose it at all, as long as no one's feelings (that I care about) get hurt. Hey, if one love is good, then two must be better! :laughs: Yes, Sims 2 quote there... As long as fidelity is being upheld, and no one is forced to do with anything, I'm fine with it. And as long as it doesn't involve me. And, like previously stated, polygamy should be able to work both ways. As in anyone can have more than one spouse.

I will never get myself involved in a relationship, so I can't answer that. Never. Or at least, not like that. Lloyd doesn't look like the kind of guy, can handle me half the time as it is.

What do you mean, "Is there polygamy in gay relationships?" Are you asking, is it possible, or is it a common practice? As far as I know, it's not a common practice, but it's definitely possible. Or at least in the manga and anime I've... heard of.

Can everyone involved really get along? It's possible. I'm not sure of the odds, but hey, if five brothers and two sisters can get along, then hey, it's probably possible.
    Last edited by abby724; Feb 17, 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Typo...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    So those friends of yours that grew up in a Polygamy family, the parents were excommunicated? I thought it was abolished, I'm confused.
    I thought we covered that before? There are numerous sects that have broken off from the LDS church some of which still practice polygamy. It is absolutely despicable as they do it and it breaks not only secular law but the laws regulating it in the church 2+ centuries ago before it's abolishment. Some of them call themselves "Mormons" still (just like protestants still call themselves Christians after breaking from the Catholic church) but the "Mormon Church" ie LDS Church has abolished it and anyone caught participating is excommunicated; so "Mormons" do not practice polygamy in spite of the ongoing stereotyping. My friends belonged to the Fundamentalist Church and I haven't seen one of them since she was 17 after what they did to her. I live close enough to one of these sects to have known more then one person involved and seen multiple lives destroyed by the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I think Polygamy is wrong. Marriage Is a sacred union between two people, showing their devotion to each other thru this union. Also its hard enough pleasing one woman yet alone more that one. If you want more that one woman just dont get married, and have as many gf as you want if their up for it.
    I agree whole heartedly. And if that doesn't put why they have more then one wife in the proper perspective I don't know what does since there really is no difference between them and a guy who goes around getting all his girlfriends pregnant. That anyway is the state of polygamy in the US and Canada.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Polygamy is not the practice of having more than one partner: it's the practice of having more than one spouse.

Since gay people can't legally marry at all in most places and polygamy is currently illegal just about everywhere even for straight couples -- I'm pretty sure there isn't any gay polygamy going on.

For once, God hating us seems to make things slightly simpler. If we're going to ignore the whole Leviticus thing, I guess we don't really need to pay any attention to the parts of the bible about having 6 wives, condemning other faiths or not eating things without hooves either...

I don't think polygamy is currently in "the gay agenda"... but who knows what we'll want after we get marriage!

We might decide to bring animal sacrifice back

Nope... no polygamy.

Pretty much ALL polyamory falls under the "gay" umbrella though. There are only two genders... that means if you're going to have a relationship with three or more people at once: you're going to double-up somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast