Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Popularity in School

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Popularity in School

Should you work your way up to the top if you want to be popular and basically kiss everyone's ass becuase the rewards would be worth it.

Or stay completely original and don't care what they call you but you don't get invited to parties and you probably won't have any friends.

Before you answer this question think about it:I know most people would say stay original but come on your life at school becomes miserable and you probably won't have any freinds and that's quite harsh, I mean it's ok to be shallow sometimes so you can be happy.
    Days are numbered because every breath we take is a breath we lose.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WishIcouldlivemore For This Useful Post:

bloody rain (Jul 13, 2008), Maclane (Jun 14, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Popularity In School

The entire time I was in high school I wasn't the most popular kid in school, nor was I miserable.

I didn't have many friends, but the ones I did have were the kind that you stayed friends with for years afterwards. We were a close knit group who did everything together, and the time I spent with them were some of the happiest moments of my life, and I miss them all dearly (I currently live on the other side of the country from them)

Also got some news for ya: High school isn't the end all be all of your life. Its only 3 or 4 years, and once its done, its done. You shouldn't worry yourself about being the most popular kid in school, be yourself and you'll be happy, cause while the popular kids look happy, chances are they're most likely as stressed out as you are about not being popular, if not more stressed out then you.

Moral of the story: Don't try to be someone or something you are not. You'll only forget who you are in the process.

--- MOD EDIT ---
    Changing the title of the thread

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Franco (Aug 21, 2008)

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Popularity in School

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

Moral of the story: Don't try to be someone or something you are not. You'll only forget who you are in the process.
    100% totally agree, it is literally absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIcouldlivemore View Post
    Should you work your way up to the top if you want to be popular and basically kiss everyone's ass becuase the rewards would be worth it.

Or stay completely original and don't care what they call you but you don't get invited to parties and you probably won't have any friends.

Before you answer this question think about it:I know most people would say stay original but come on your life at school becomes miserable and you probably won't have any freinds and that's quite harsh, I mean it's ok to be shallow sometimes so you can be happy.
    I'm going to go ahead an label you an idiot. Does popularity matter in high school? What will it get you in 10 years? If you're going to do some ass kissing, make sure it's your Boss, or someone who can get you somewhere.

As for staying original, only a moron would think that being like someone else is a genius idea. I'm a original myself, I don't have many friends, not overly attractive, not in with the current "style" ( I literally have my own that NO ONE copies. And it's simple, dress shirt, dress slacks, tucedo vest, tie, and of course beat down converse. Look like a hitman until my shoes, which I will change eventually). Now I know MANY people who ARE original and have MANY firends, and of course doesn't overly matter. And PARTIES? Honestly you know your sad when you think parties matter, again won't get you a damn thing in life. As for me being who I am, I am...not overly miserable, not during school at least, well I kinda am miserable but that's for reasons that aren't even relavent to this topic.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Humm...we dont have this kind of stuff at our schools, I mean be popular or not...we are more like divided in grups like tribes I dont know, is different, for exmple girls and boy who like rock music and dressed too similar never mixed with those who just listen Pop music, it's hard but is like that but not in college just in high school, we didnt mixed but we didnt have popular ppl coz we didnt care much about it.
    Last edited by Arukih; Jan 30, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Newbie vortex1987 is off to a good start
    Thanks

hahaa this is awsome of you to ask. Well and my friend shadow or as you guy's know him gaarasandkiller1 he tought me that i can be me kiss now butt and still be popular. It's odd but if you show people you got no fear and you live life as you choose for people to see they'll wish they have what you do and if all goes well they will whant you around. as it turns out by just being me i get invited to nearly anything and i am never alone anymore i gues i owe it all to shadow tho if he didn't show me how great life can be i'd be the nobody that no one care's about if he had not shown me that^_^ let's not forget their is a goup for every type of person so friend's are easy to make

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vortex1987 View Post
    hahaa this is awsome of you to ask. Well and my friend shadow or as you guy's know him gaarasandkiller1 he tought me that i can be me kiss now butt and still be popular. It's odd but if you show people you got no fear and you live life as you choose for people to see they'll wish they have what you do and if all goes well they will whant you around. as it turns out by just being me i get invited to nearly anything and i am never alone anymore i gues i owe it all to shadow tho if he didn't show me how great life can be i'd be the nobody that no one care's about if he had not shown me that^_^ let's not forget their is a goup for every type of person so friend's are easy to make
    Now, my dear children, let's now take in consideration those who get hated for being themselves. Such as myself, and my friends Tom and Josh. And as for group for every type of person, I'm assuming labals, something I don't overly take attraction to, not only that I am a walkiing contradiction of the label sterotypees if you labelled me one thing, it's been attempted before, only to be eaten alive.

Still, popularity is a conspiracy of people attempting to rise up againt the Government with however way their "Popularity is". They'll fail though...fail...
    Last edited by Aleister Sithis; Jan 30, 2008 at 07:14 AM.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Popularity in high school is completely stupid, moronic, and just plain puthetic.
    As Aleister said. "If your going to kiss ass, do it with your boss who will get you some where" popularity is nothing more then some one who likes attention for doing really stupid crap. It doesnt mean squat as the popular kid will soon have their butts ownd by the nerds and other lesser groups that are made fun of because they really work and have a goal in life, and are now the future bosses in life.
    High school sociel life and all that is a big joke. I have seen toddlers of the ages of 5 act more mature then high schoolers. I was never the popular person, infact, I really never counted my self nore my friends for that matter as part of any of the sociel group in the school because I knew even then that it was just plain idiotic.

Newbie vortex1987 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    Now, my dear children, let's now take in consideration those who get hated for being themselves. Such as myself, and my friends Tom and Josh. And as for group for every type of person, I'm assuming labals, something I don't overly take attraction to, not only that I am a walkiing contradiction of the label sterotypees if you labelled me one thing, it's been attempted before, only to be eaten alive.

Still, popularity is a conspiracy of people attempting to rise up againt the Government with however way their "Popularity is". They'll fail though...fail...
    well as the i said i ment groups on for every type of person there is always a group just like them they can manage to fit in as far as sterotyps they can judge all they whant it's them who misses who the person realy is. Aslo if your hated for being you then it's because you and your friends are different and that scare's them so they cast you out to make you back of or get shut down emotionly. Labels are nothing more then a racial judgement that people give for self gain or amusement for them selves or others.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast