Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Popularity in School

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Re: Popularity in School

I'd stay the way I am. If they can't like me for who I am then their not worth it. Not to mention its not like being popular in school is going to help you get a job. It's not important. Having a few close friends who are actually your friends and care about you is better than having 50 people who could care less whether you lived or died.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I think very few would say that they wouldn't truly want any popularity at all at school or any else where ,it's just about instinct and how much it affects everyones' lives ,that's all.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    funny though how only the opposite is true, being original and not caring what other people think is what's "in" right now. i dont see whats so ideal about being popular.....really dont been there done that, nothing special. wanna get noticed change your style, get a job save money and buy a car....dont be afraid to speak your mind, crack jokes enjoy life. i dunno...worked for me just being myself
    I don't know what kind of popular the kids are at your school but in mine or where i used to attend they are popular because they excell in what they do which is academics and extra curricular activities. so i was pushed into that limelight not so long ago and i kind of enjoyed it but you have to be yourself and enjoy that is what is important.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Newbie mimi111 is off to a good start mimi111's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anyone should compromise their beliefs and what they like to be considered "popular." If you think being popular would make you happy, then go right ahead. But people who aren't popular have friends too. Just because you stay original doesn't mean you won't have any friends. They would be less shallow than the popular kids and more fun to hang out with anyway. Trust me, I've been on both sides of the fence, and I left popularity to be back with the original people who were much more fun anyway.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say I think popularity is overrated. If you are happy with the people you hang with, then what's the point being popular? When people are so worried about their own status, they might start to even miss out on great things because they heard it was “uncool” or “lame” by the popular kids. I say it's all up to you to decide what kind of group you want to be with. There times when you don't even act like yourself just to impress some people.

What if those popular kids you want to be part of start picking on your friends who accepted the way you are? Are you going to join the people in ridiculing your true peers just to fit in? It's all up to you whether you want to be a bystander or the bully.

Hopefully, you won't ever have to experience something like that. Life shouldn't mean we only do things because other people think that way. In order for us to be happy, we need to follow our own path. If that means being different from what others might say, that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. Because when you are different, it just means you are expressing yourself. If you go through life being self-conscious about too many things, you will end up hurting yourself in the process.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

theres nothin big about it tbh im not the most populer person ever .... i hag with emo's and gurngers since i like them more than cavs but i get asked to go to the clubs with the chavs often enouf but i dont really like it tbh XD i feel abit old for it i was goin out at 13 and im only 15 near 16 nows...wow LOL

but yeah be urself im like one of the werdest people ever XD

im a girl who is a computer nerd a gamer a artst loves manga and anime and lots of other stuff so to people at my school im werid but they like me cos im me u dont need too kiss every persons ass to get populer damn im a teachers pet LOL

Newbie Lestat Uchiha is off to a good start Lestat Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

screw popularity, it thats all you think about in school, you wont spend time having fun or being retarded, and anything like that. just because your not the bee's kneez in everyones eyes doesnt mean crap.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    theres nothin big about it tbh im not the most populer person ever .... i hag with emo's and gurngers since i like them more than cavs but i get asked to go to the clubs with the chavs often enouf but i dont really like it tbh XD i feel abit old for it i was goin out at 13 and im only 15 near 16 nows...wow LOL

but yeah be urself im like one of the werdest people ever XD

im a girl who is a computer nerd a gamer a artst loves manga and anime and lots of other stuff so to people at my school im werid but they like me cos im me u dont need too kiss every persons ass to get populer damn im a teachers pet LOL
    Lol i can say i'm the same .. one of my classmates (not my very close group of friends) told me while talking and walking the down hall out of the college "You're special ..." i turned to him "in a strange way!" i was stunned i didn't know what to answer!! but i really love that cuz you feel that you're different and that's what i'm exactly seeking and i can say i got a good rep and popularity but i dunno how long it'll last ,anyways! lolz
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast