Newbie IDAITAI is off to a good start IDAITAI's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Popularity in School

i would say that i am very well known in my school for
    example at lunch i can sit at just about every table if i
    felt the need so i wouldnt exactly say im popular but i
    am well known cause i talkl to anyone im just outgoing
    i hate people but i love talkin to them.......popularity is over rated

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Popularity can be complicated since it boils down to politics. There are groups and what funds those groups. Commitments must be made especially when a line is drawn on the sand. I'd like to be friends with everyone but sometimes fights break out or a difference of opinion and my loyalty is questioned... so it's like Harry Potter, you have to know who your real friends are and who are prejudiced, bigots, elitist or some skinhead who are politically incorrect. I tend to side with people who believe in manners and religion though open minded to others of another religion as long as it is not a cult. To me the quickest way to popularity is sports. My fave sport is basketball so I like the Laker crowd. It's fun to bond with others for the same reason like the crowd enjoying the olympics and athletes representing. Go USA!

In school I'd root for the basketball and band people, but never considered popularity as big a deal as standing up for your beliefs, or finding yourself or what to major in at college. Mainly have fun and follow your true interests.

Newbie Hostil Spike is off to a good start
    Thanks

I had an awesome time going through school, I had long hair and towards the end a beard. I loved metal and rock music and wasn't subtle about it. As such I got a lot of attention from the "cool kids", and by attention I mean beatings. Well I say beating, turns out the one thing the guys had respect for was someone willing to fight back and thats what I did. This however was a double-edges sword, while the stronger bullies would have respect for me and see me as an equal, all the lower years saw me as a goal, if they could beat me they would be popular too...

..Needless to say they didn't.

So the cool guys liked me, the girls on the otherhand, at this age are very shallow. Long hair = greasy, smelly horrible person. Luckily, being smarter then average and having a good sense of humour, those who actually bothered to talk to me quickly realised I wasn't so bad.

So yeah, was I popular? Not really but I had a lot of friends. Funny how the two are different...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hostil Spike For This Useful Post:

LichGRIFFIN (Sep 28, 2008)

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

To be popular in the high school is a common trouble and anybody escape of that. To be or not to be popular, you don't have another choice. But i can see one simple thing on this topic: when the popular-cheerleader-girl or the super-football-player grow-up forget the feeling of the popularity and live a normal life. And try to protect their childrens of the popular boys on the schools. It's an interesting circle.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm i not gonna lie..i did do a couple things in the past just be popular..but honestly though its not really worth it in the future.(heck i barely remember those ppl anymore).i realize getting ppl to like me for just the things i do ,say,wear,,means nothing .yeah i did it in the past..i mean everyone wants to be accpected in life..but if they dont like the O.G. me..they are not friends to me..True the things we did to be accpected where cool and all..but then u say why am i doing this..for me or them...

Banned git745 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i say make friends try to be popular but not to popular or u would get into trouble from peer pressure

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

When im at skool i stay original i dont care what ppl say about me unless it really disturbs me. in skool i basically do wat i want but try like hell not to get in trouble and i usually dont cuz i usually aint a bad kid my grades are medium so i aint failin nothin but i aint gettin straight As either. i would say im kindapopular i gots alot of friends and i get along with almost anyone (except the teachers!!!)

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

it depends on what person you are. it is normally stupid to only focus on friends and pointless crap that wont matter years later, or you can focus on being popular, and f up your life. so..
    ive gone from being a beautiful star athelete, popular, etc.etc. to moving and being horibly depressed and cutting my hair short and cutting myself as well. so..its all up to you

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast