Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: Popularity in School

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Popularity in School

And just being friends with everyone, that itself makes you popular, its not hard, and i wouldnt say its a bad thing, especially when it comes to getting jobs in your local area, or things like that, and to me having that many friends is very fun, your never bored. So your basically living your high school life to the fullest.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Hysteria is off to a good start
    Thanks

When I was in high school (I graduated last year) I was never popular. I had friends and was myself- I was happy. If I had fallen into the 'popular' group I'd probably be pregnant, have no job, no university offers and miserable. That's who the 'popular' boys and girls were at my school so I for one am glad I had the friends I had. We could all be ourselves.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    When I was in high school (I graduated last year) I was never popular. I had friends and was myself- I was happy. If I had fallen into the 'popular' group I'd probably be pregnant, have no job, no university offers and miserable. That's who the 'popular' boys and girls were at my school so I for one am glad I had the friends I had. We could all be ourselves.
    lol
    i dont understand why everyone thinks you cant b yourself, and still be popular. And getting pregnant is totally based on what you do, not what your reputation is.

And most popular kids are good with the teachers, as in they tend to like the popular kids becuase, they're either in sports that the teacher coaches, or usually get good grades, because to play a sport there is a grade limit you most hold...
    so ususally the popular kids arent the ones who are getting pregnant a lot, or failing school.

but in the end, it is stupid to strive to be popular, just being yourself is fine, if it makes you popular then fine, if not than at least your not acting like someone else your not. But by no means, being popular is a bad thing.

Saying that...
    I did play sports in high school. basketball. football. track.
    all which was varsity, i got college letters and all that good stuff...
    but i never wanted to hangout with the popular kids who were on my team, although they were alright, they just werent the people i feel most comfortable with. So i didnt follow the norm of things you might say, being a popular person, but hanging out with people some might say were not.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie BeyondLogic is off to a good start BeyondLogic's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that if you want 2 b popular do it on your own terms nobody wants to kiss ass to be popular instead be popular with with the ones you fit in with

Newbie AnimeAddict is off to a good start AnimeAddict's Avatar
    Thanks

I was never popular at school...I never wanted to be, I knew that being popular ment other people hating you for being popular and some people just follow you around all the time and trying hard to fit in with you and thats how people get left out. I never thought about myself at school I always thought how other people would feel if I acted like that, I wouldn't have my best friend if I was a popular. So being popular doesn't mean that your better than everyone else but the populars think that...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18