Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Popularity in School

Newbie ShadowSilverVixen is off to a good start ShadowSilverVixen's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Popularity in School

I'm not popular, but i'm not a shy either. I'm just your everyday 11th grader who is trying to make it through school with my friends and keep my steady job. I don't see a point in being or acting some way that I'm not, just to impress the others of my school. If you don't like me at school, then don't bother me and i wont bother you.
    Anime and manga are the best things to have ever happened to us since the creation of the internet.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Popularity In School

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The entire time I was in high school I wasn't the most popular kid in school, nor was I miserable.

I didn't have many friends, but the ones I did have were the kind that you stayed friends with for years afterwards. We were a close knit group who did everything together, and the time I spent with them were some of the happiest moments of my life, and I miss them all dearly (I currently live on the other side of the country from them)

Also got some news for ya: High school isn't the end all be all of your life. Its only 3 or 4 years, and once its done, its done. You shouldn't worry yourself about being the most popular kid in school, be yourself and you'll be happy, cause while the popular kids look happy, chances are they're most likely as stressed out as you are about not being popular, if not more stressed out then you.

Moral of the story: Don't try to be someone or something you are not. You'll only forget who you are in the process.

--- MOD EDIT ---
    Changing the title of the thread
    Agreed. Poplularity in high school means nothing. I, like aceman67, had a small amount of friends. We were real tight. I still hang out with some of them. In fact, I'm goin' to my ten year reunion with one of them this year.

I wasn't down because I wasn't popular. It never really affected me at all. I had friends and that's all that matters. People knew me, but only because I did favors for people all the time. But I wasn't popular by any means. I just remained myself.

Four years of popularity is like fifteen minutes of fame. You went in to high school a nobody (if you're popular between coming and going, good for you...) and you'll leave high school a nobody. When you go to college or to find a job, nobody's gonna care about how popular you were in high school. Hell, I don't care about how popular celebrities are, let alone somebody who was well known in a school.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Popularity in School

As to many people before me here, popularity means nothing to me. I think it only brings complications- firstly, when you become popular, you have to keep the popularity in your hands, people start watching you more carefuly and it's easier to do a mistake, do something wrong... And how can you like being under watch all the time.
    I enjoy being a grey mouse, I can be what I want to be, it's great
    Ahh and thirdly, I just hate the popular company! They are so annoying! So evil! So unreal! I just really can't stand those people and they can't stand me!!!
    And when you are popular everyone is trying to talk to you! You can't get a minute of peace!! And you have to either be nice to everyone or play a meanie! annoying!!! And you can never know wether any of those people are really your friends... sheesh...

I rather am what I am and where I am. I am happy too, I find many nice friends (who are REALLY my friends), I can dress how I want to dress and people won't talk behind me (they don't care! yay!). Ya and there is many other good stuff ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I am true to myself and I will not demean myself by trying to kiss-up to some stuck-up little snot that most likely doesn’t deserve respect anyway! I love the friends that I have because they accept me for who I am and love me for it. I wouldn't give them up for anything.

Most of the popular kids aren’t really friends anyway. They may say they are friends in word but most of them will backstab each other at the drop of a hat! Do you honestly want friends like that?? Not to mention that if I did try to associate with them, I would most likely end up strangling them. School doesn’t last forever either and usually the people who were popular end up working at McDonald’s for the rest of their lives.

You shouldn’t waste your life away trying to satisfy someone else. Instead, do what you want to do and what you like. If the people you are around don’t accept you for who you are then find some that will.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Jan 30, 2008 at 04:36 PM.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vortex1987 View Post
    well as the i said i ment groups on for every type of person there is always a group just like them they can manage to fit in as far as sterotyps they can judge all they whant it's them who misses who the person realy is. Aslo if your hated for being you then it's because you and your friends are different and that scare's them so they cast you out to make you back of or get shut down emotionly. Labels are nothing more then a racial judgement that people give for self gain or amusement for them selves or others.

Lol, sorry no meaning to disrespect, I'm just having fun there. I know what you're saying and sadly I just find it the obvious factor, still I understand again the image was just fun, made me laugh.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Shoot....I never was popular in school........
    I actually remember when I moved from Russia to the U.S...I had no idea what popularity even was..back in my home country....everybody was equal and there was no such thing as the Geeks or the Looser or any other kinds of groups.....
    And I really did find it hard to fin into the American society.......
    But then I learned about myself and I really did not give a cookie on what everybody else though about me....I was happy with my friends........and we actually despised the popular people....because they are always so hype and so fake then even talking about them now makes me angry.....LOL
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Most of the popular kids aren’t really friends anyway. They may say they are friends in word but most of them will backstab each other at the drop of a hat! Do you honestly want friends like that?? Not to mention that if I did try to associate with them, I would most likely end up strangling them. School doesn’t last forever either and usually the people who were popular end up working at McDonald’s for the rest of their lives.

Ok, I admit it, I was popular in high school, () but I was never a backstabber, a bully, or a total bitch. . .(Ok maybe I was a little bitchy but it was usually to my alarm clock in the mornings) I mean, I was an all around nice person. I never backstabbed any of my friends, and I never treated anyone disrespectfully, I talked to everyone equally and just had fun during high school. I'm just one of the few prom queens that stayed true to myself, and was sweet and nice to everyone, I didn't care if they were goth, punk, emo, ghetto, jock, I got along great with them all. BTW I don't work in McDonald's either.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza View Post

Ok, I admit it, I was popular in high school, () but I was never a backstabber, a bully, or a total bitch. . .(Ok maybe I was a little bitchy but it was usually to my alarm clock in the mornings) I mean, I was an all around nice person. I never backstabbed any of my friends, and I never treated anyone disrespectfully, I talked to everyone equally and just had fun during high school. I'm just one of the few prom queens that stayed true to myself, and was sweet and nice to everyone, I didn't care if they were goth, punk, emo, ghetto, jock, I got along great with them all. BTW I don't work in McDonald's either.

I think we may have a misunderstanding. I wasn't speaking about all popular people. Most of the ones I have met fit this description I stated earlier very well but not all. There are some that I have talked to that I do actually like and respect.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast